PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Diablo I, Diablo II........Diablo III?

Yeah the real life auction house is delaying us in south korea, but i got no doubt they will work it out, i must admit i dont think i would ever buy anything for real $$, but i d certainly consider selling thats for sure!!

Anyways, i am totally bloody pumped for this, pre ordered last month, and everyday checking the web for updates on release dates

EB said they will text me when the games are available, that is gunna be 1 awesome day when i recieve that text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few articles today about it being released on consoles and fans getting pre-excited. Blizzard have always said they had a dedicated Dev team for a console version (to test if it will be viable without compromising the game)... that doesn't mean a console version is a sure thing.

I think a console version might be possible in a similar manner to Mass Effect or Skyrim controls.

Re: Diablo I, Diablo II........Diablo III?

A few articles today about it being released on consoles and fans getting pre-excited. Blizzard have always said they had a dedicated Dev team for a console version (to test if it will be viable without compromising the game)... that doesn't mean a console version is a sure thing.

I think a console version might be possible in a similar manner to Mass Effect or Skyrim controls.

Personally i dont think the game can be converted onto concoles?? I mean how they going to do it? Third person view? I dont think they will be able to make it a similar view as the previous games on PC.

PC will still be far superior for this game thats for sure.

Re: Diablo 3 out in less than a month

OK, so I have been searching the net like most of ya's and havent really found anything except from this one statement on wikipedia when you search diablo 3:

Diablo III is an upcoming dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game in development by Blizzard, making it the third installment in the Diablo franchise. The game, which features elements of the hack and slash and dungeon crawl genres, was first announced on June 28, 2008, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France.[2] The game has been confirmed for release on February 5th 2012 for PC,Mac.A later date will be announced for consoles.[3]

went and had a look this morning, and the Feb 5 release date has now been removed off wikipedia

shattered

already pre ordered it so EB games said they will send me a text when they hear anyithing

no texts as of yet!!!

Why would you search the net? The first place it will be announced will be via official Blizzard channels. Anything claiming otherwise will just be BS, especially something found only on wiki.

Blizzard's D3 Game Director has made some statements about D3 and change. See their website:

- basically still making some considerable changes based on Beta feedback.

- no word on release dates except that want to make these changes and ensure D3 is great ... and remains great for 10 years.

So by the sounds of things it is still some ways away yet... I would guess maybe May... accounting for implementing changes, deploying to beta, gathering new feedback, and then finalizing for release.

Atleast it should give me plenty of time to pump in to ME3. :)

Re: Diablo 3 out in less than a month

Blizzard's D3 Game Director has made some statements about D3 and change. See their website:

So by the sounds of things it is still some ways away yet... I would guess maybe May... accounting for implementing changes, deploying to beta, gathering new feedback, and then finalizing for release.

Agreed, this really doesn't make it look like the game is all that close to being released, as the things mentioned in the article are not small changes.

The Diablo 3 forums have been slowly rising to boiling point due to lack of release date, etc but this article was the straw that broke the camel's back. Nearly every post is angry or sarcastic with a lot of hate directed at Blizzard.

Also a lot of hate because of what has been taken out of the game (e.g. Nephalem Cube and Cauldron of Jordan both gone, one of the town's artisans has been removed and the whole stat system has been altered and renamed), although I do support the renaming of 'stone of recalling' to town portal as it should be.

Diablo 3

Just wondering who will be picking up Diablo 3 on PC when it is released? Also would like to do some playthroughs with fellow Bigfooty users if anyone is interested :D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Diablo 3

Preordered my CE in November last year. Wishful thinking :(

Aye and aye.

Will be main rolling either a Monk or Demon Hunter first time round.

Preordered the CE a while ago...

Its frustrating sitting back and waiting while they are removing features of the game one by one for whatever reason.

Also received 'The Book of Cain' today. Definitely recommend to anyone who's a Diablo fan, great artwork, well-written, etc. Well worth the $20 off Amazon.
Preview: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-book-of-cain-8-page-preview

(there are another two Diablo 3 threads already.. but I guess this one's title is better)

Preordered the CE a while ago...

Its frustrating sitting back and waiting while they are removing features of the game one by one for whatever reason.

Also received 'The Book of Cain' today. Definitely recommend to anyone who's a Diablo fan, great artwork, well-written, etc. Well worth the $20 off Amazon.
Preview: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-book-of-cain-8-page-preview

(there are another two Diablo 3 threads already.. but I guess this one's title is better)

Yeah I got the book of Cain too, it great that it kind of ties the story together for everyone who reads it. I havent got beta access so I wont notice the features being removed, they must have a good reason for doing it though.

Yeah I got the book of Cain too, it great that it kind of ties the story together for everyone who reads it. I havent got beta access so I wont notice the features being removed, they must have a good reason for doing it though.

Yeah I don't have the beta either, there's just been a lot of features and/or new ideas taken out already.

Including (but not limited to:
- Cauldron of Jordan (which allowed you to sell items from anywhere, anytime)
- Nephalem Cube (which allowed you to break down items into materials to use in creating other things)
- Unique Death animations (e.g. when you died you are picked up and bitten in half by the boss - see siegebreaker video on youtube)
- Companion Scrolls (little animals that collected gold for you - albeit sorta useless I suppose)
- The Mystic Artisan (who enchanted gear with enhancements, which was a major way to customise your character

All these things have only been removed recently, which isn't a great sign for a release date being soon-ish as these are fairly large system changes (also a whole new stat system has just been implemented in the last beta patch.)

Yeah I don't have the beta either, there's just been a lot of features and/or new ideas taken out already.

Including (but not limited to:
- Cauldron of Jordan (which allowed you to sell items from anywhere, anytime)
- Nephalem Cube (which allowed you to break down items into materials to use in creating other things)
- Unique Death animations (e.g. when you died you are picked up and bitten in half by the boss - see siegebreaker video on youtube)
- Companion Scrolls (little animals that collected gold for you - albeit sorta useless I suppose)
- The Mystic Artisan (who enchanted gear with enhancements, which was a major way to customise your character

All these things have only been removed recently, which isn't a great sign for a release date being soon-ish as these are fairly large system changes (also a whole new stat system has just been implemented in the last beta patch.)

I'm not really fussed with the Cauldron of Jordan or Companion Scrolls being removed, the others are disappointing but not enough to turn me off the game.

Only people with direct links to Blizzard have access to the closed beta atm. As has been writen elsewhere many times, the hold ups seem to be over legal issues about the auction house in South Korea and porting to consoles (Dibalo on consoles is just wrong!).

Only people with direct links to Blizzard have access to the closed beta atm. As has been writen elsewhere many times, the hold ups seem to be over legal issues about the auction house in South Korea and porting to consoles (Dibalo on consoles is just wrong!).

Diablo on the PS1 was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back