Diamond Valley Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIVVY 2 WATCH - Watched Kinglake training last week and then saw them play against Kilmore on the weekend. They were creamed by more than 13 goals. Kilmore, however, are going to be a very good side and, from what some of the supporters were advising, Kinglake weren't at full strength.
Looking ahead to this weekends round of matches Lower are playing Watsonia and I might wander over to see how both teams fare.

Wallan playing Tullamarine at Wallan on Saturday.

Unsure If Bakes played on the weekend, but have heard Ice that Adrian Baker signed at his old stomping ground of Broadford last Thursday night.

Rumors on the Heathcote league thread have started about a centuary goal kicker who has just lost his licence returning to the league, so I think you might be right there scotywok.

DIVVY 2 WATCH - Watched Kinglake training last week and then saw them play against Kilmore on the weekend. They were creamed by more than 13 goals. Kilmore, however, are going to be a very good side and, from what some of the supporters were advising, Kinglake weren't at full strength.
Looking ahead to this weekends round of matches Lower are playing Watsonia and I might wander over to see how both teams fare.

Pretty sure we're playing Thomastown. Watsonia pulled the pin on the game with us.

Lower Plenty actually playing Thomastown this week, Watsy decided they would rather play MacLeod. Game on Saturday v Hurstbridge was a good hit out, played a number of younger players (Thirds) and had out approx 8 1`s players ie: Bandera, Parsons, A.Knee, W.Pretty (x Ressa) J.Perry (x Rushworth) L. McTaggart (x Colbinabbin) plus couple of others. Mitton was injured early so played no part in game. By all reports Hursty were shy about a similar number of senior players as well, will be a competitive unit Hursty I would think as I think most of Div 2 will be. In light of Heidelberg going from strength to strength in div 1, perhaps div 2 might provide a more interesting alternative this season.

there needs to be some guidelines in place

ie. you can clear 5 players out without restriction
every player after that, you need to have a player cleared in before you can clear 1 out

note: figures used are just example

would stop clubs having large numbers of players walkout. dvfl need to do some research into their clearences to see what figures would work.

Whatever rules you put in place have to pass the Legal test, to refuse because of Suspension, under contract or proof of being unfinancial are sound and reasonable. To refuse because you don`t like the club a player want`s to go to or because they alway poach your players, or he`s your best player and will take others with him, or perhaps you just want to refuse in the hope that he will get frustrated and stay are not sound and reasonable. There is no proof that the new clearance rule is the cause of any club issue`s at present, it could hasten a clubs demise but in Reservoirs case it seems there committee had an opportunity to resolve the situation with the players but decided to stand by there coaching appointment with the result being a walkout of players, not saying it`s right or wrong but there was an opportunity there to work it out.

Lot of outs for watsonia on the weekend. Game was used to have a look at the new players we've picked up and how they go at senior level.

Outs included:
T Little
Ace Ventura
S Gibson
B Parker
S Potter
S Hodgson
D Clayton...

...just to name a few. You could throw another 10 in there that will be rotated in and out through the year but the names aren't as recognisable as those above.

Im pretty confident that I saw S Gibson running around in the 1st quarter. Correct me if Im wrong, but if that wasnt him, he sure did look like him.

Im pretty confident that I saw S Gibson running around in the 1st quarter. Correct me if Im wrong, but if that wasnt him, he sure did look like him.

Congratulations you are correct he did play for a bit in the first quarter, but left early to go to a wedding. I would say that still counts as an out!:thumbsu:

Whatever rules you put in place have to pass the Legal test, to refuse because of Suspension, under contract or proof of being unfinancial are sound and reasonable. To refuse because you don`t like the club a player want`s to go to or because they alway poach your players, or he`s your best player and will take others with him, or perhaps you just want to refuse in the hope that he will get frustrated and stay are not sound and reasonable. There is no proof that the new clearance rule is the cause of any club issue`s at present, it could hasten a clubs demise but in Reservoirs case it seems there committee had an opportunity to resolve the situation with the players but decided to stand by there coaching appointment with the result being a walkout of players, not saying it`s right or wrong but there was an opportunity there to work it out.

reservoir's committee had a choice and the choice was between:

the coach some players wanted- he only wanted to do the job for 1 season

the coach the club went for- the club wanted to look beyond 1 year and plan for the future, were looking at a 3 year term as the club played in a PF, had u/17's who won a GF and the majority of those kids were going upto u/19 this season

it also must be said there were about 4-5 retirements from the senior team, which does not help.

waddles is over rated and only plays well when lower are playing s hit teams or they are in front, so really who cares.

I'd say if you kick 70 odd goals in a season you've got a bit of talent. I was speaking to an assistant coach at Macleod recently (the side that finished 2nd) and they rate him very highly after the way he played against them last year. He did have a disappointing finish to the season, but Waddles has a lot of ability and is still fairly young, so will only improve.

waddles is over rated and only plays well when lower are playing s hit teams or they are in front, so really who cares.

cant say much havent seen him play, although as a junior kickin 100 goals in a season twice i know he can play abit, but then again seniors is a different game.. is ben weisenfeld stil playin 19s there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just confirmed, Baker will play Broadford this year

All Bakes has done is sign a clearance application at this stage Iceman, the fact that the HDFL has yet acknowledged it on their website seems a tad odd to me :confused:

Alot of these sides who are on here talking up their chances of success in 2007 would want to have a huge improvement over the last 6 months to even make the finals I reckon.

I cant wait for the season to start, see where all these sides are really at.

Thats when all their big name "senior players" return of course....

Alot of these sides who are on here talking up their chances of success in 2007 would want to have a huge improvement over the last 6 months to even make the finals I reckon.

You must admit GYTM that it makes for interesting banter, talking up your chances in pre-season when there is no pressure. Anyway Div2 might be the talking point for the DVFL this year as Heidelberg seem to have already made space in the cabinet for the 2007 cup with no -team most likely to get within 6-8 goals of them......

cant say much havent seen him play, although as a junior kickin 100 goals in a season twice i know he can play abit, but then again seniors is a different game.. is ben weisenfeld stil playin 19s there?
apology to givya as i was wrong bundoora played keilor last saturday at keilor. one thing i have learnt in football is never to count premierships before the grand final .and i am still laughing at seeing the suggestion that waddles kicked a hundred goals in one seaon in juniors . ah waddles is bragging agin. its amazing how numbers grow. anyway good luck to all i watched heidelberg last saturday and i am looking forward to seeing montmorency this week as i am sure that they will give the tigers a run for their money. p.s. i hear matty carmichael was only cleared for one week to woori yallock for the benefit game and will be back soon. also b&f winner mcintosh got a bad injury and will miss some of the season if not all . the datoli curse grows .

Don't think you can put me in that boat GYTM. In fact I didn't even include Lower in my pre-season predictions to avoid bias. I am hopeful of a successful season, but also know sides like yourself, Macleod, Thomastown and Whittlesea will be tough to beat. Season just around the corner now, so really looking forward to things getting under way. BEEN A LONG PRE-SEASON!

Brutal/Matchwinner - Thanks for the heads up. Will make the trek on Saturday to watch the game. Very keen on seeing both Lower and Thomastown at this stage in the pre season.

apology to givya as i was wrong bundoora played keilor last saturday at keilor. one thing i have learnt in football is never to count premierships before the grand final .and i am still laughing at seeing the suggestion that waddles kicked a hundred goals in one seaon in juniors . ah waddles is bragging agin. its amazing how numbers grow. anyway good luck to all i watched heidelberg last saturday and i am looking forward to seeing montmorency this week as i am sure that they will give the tigers a run for their money. p.s. i hear matty carmichael was only cleared for one week to woori yallock for the benefit game and will be back soon. also b&f winner mcintosh got a bad injury and will miss some of the season if not all . the datoli curse grows .

macIntosh will b back for the start of the season

Don't think you can put me in that boat GYTM. In fact I didn't even include Lower in my pre-season predictions to avoid bias. I am hopeful of a successful season, but also know sides like yourself, Macleod, Thomastown and Whittlesea will be tough to beat. Season just around the corner now, so really looking forward to things getting under way. BEEN A LONG PRE-SEASON!

No Matchy I dont put you in that boat at all. And the irony of that is I think you blokes will be right in it come the buisness end of the year. I did predict us to win the flag although I am not as confident as previous years.

I am looking forward to the season starting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back