Roast Did any other sucker pay up for the Grand Final ticket guarantee when it came out 3 years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

RECORDS!

Club Legend
May 30, 2006
Berwick
AFL Club
Richmond
Just got a call from RFC trying to get me to upgrade from my normal membership with grand final guarantee to a Social Club membership (fair enough)

But was both shocked and seriously p155ed orf when she told me that they are going to scrap the grand final guarantee next year and this would only be available to social club membership.

Considering when these things came out the club spruiked that there would be a limited amount only and it would be worth getting in early as they would be available every year but only to the first ones to get in!!

Friggen Indian givers take your extra 80 bucks a year when we are crap and no chance of making the finals let alone the granny and take it away as soon as we improve.

Loyalty is a 2 way street tigers, absolute disgrace if they go thru with it. I am just hoping it was a sales ploy to try and get me to upgrade.

Not a good sart to the fund anyway:thumbsdown:

My understanding is that the GF guarantee is now part of the RFC Social Club package.

Which I don't mind btw.

You pay more for this but at the same time you're getting more bang for your buck.

Yeah I am really pissed about this aswell.

I ended up upgrading to the social club but they specifically sold the grand final guarantee as a first in best dressed for life. As it was stated it is a 2 way street.

Can the Stig please explain why the backflip in such a short space of time and will i get my social club ticket discounted next year as i have already paid $240 over 3 years?

Friggen Indian givers take your extra 80 bucks a year when we are crap and no chance of making the finals let alone the granny and take it away as soon as we improve.

...i did..

...but hey its not like we were any chance then of making the finals let alone the granny...

...i figured if we did...i was set!!!...i'm such an optimist!....:D....

...and if we did'nt the $$$$ would go to the club's finances...i was happy with that...

...i did'nt consider myself a sucker(should i have had?!?) just a supporter...

...but i take your point...why has it been changed?!?!?...:confused:...

Surely this can't be correct. The SC membership would have to be over and above the GF guarantee. Maybe as supporters don't renew the GF guarantee is not offered to the next person on the list but reverts to the SC, but as long as someone keeps paying for the guarantee then they should have it.

Surely this can't be correct. The SC membership would have to be over and above the GF guarantee. Maybe as supporters don't renew the GF guarantee is not offered to the next person on the list but reverts to the SC, but as long as someone keeps paying for the guarantee then they should have it.

Thats exactly what I said to the lady on the phone, but she said that it was already closed, and would not be offered at all from next year. She said the only way to get a Guaranteed grand final ticket would be through social club package, even if you already had the GF guarantee.

When I said this was gonna pi55 a lot of people of she said, 'not really, we have found that most people with the GF guarantee have already just bought the social club membership'. **** I was wild

Thats exactly what I said to the lady on the phone, but she said that it was already closed, and would not be offered at all from next year. She said the only way to get a Guaranteed grand final ticket would be through social club package, even if you already had the GF guarantee.

When I said this was gonna pi55 a lot of people of she said, 'not really, we have found that most people with the GF guarantee have already just bought the social club membership'. **** I was wild

Well that really sucks, especially as I have already paid up this year. They may as well just cancel it this year because we are not making the GF and return our money. It really borders on criminal - there must be some legal aspect to it.

You lot chose to sign up for it when we were shit. Your choice

Club only can sell a limited amount of GF guarantees and clearly sees that they have a market in the high level memberships, which given 3121 is near sold out seems pretty accurate

Fact is, the el-cheapo model has been made irrelevant due to market demand

That's life

You lot chose to sign up for it when we were shit. Your choice

Club only can sell a limited amount of GF guarantees and clearly sees that they have a market in the high level memberships, which given 3121 is near sold out seems pretty accurate

Fact is, the el-cheapo model has been made irrelevant due to market demand

That's life

What you say is obviously true, but surely you cant take something away that has been marketed as an exclusive group AND ongoing to those that made the initial investment.

Anyone who has the guarantee ticket now should be allowed to keep it without having to upgrade to a social club member.

Official line

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for purchasing a Grand Final Ticket Guarantee in 2011. By making this purchase you have ensured that if Richmond compete in the 2011 Grand Final, then you will have priority access to purchase one AFL Grand Final ticket per Grand Final Ticket Guarantee and accompanying match-day membership.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The process for accessing and purchasing a Grand Final ticket will be advised, should Richmond compete in the 2011 AFL Finals Series. Please check the Richmond website (richmondfc.com.au) and the AFL website (afl.com.au) in August/September for details.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the Social Club set to re-open at the re-developed Punt Road facility, the Club have made the decision that the Grand Final Ticket guarantee (GFTG), as a stand alone product, will be phased out over the next 3 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price increases to the GFTG will eventually see it fall in line with Social Club membership and be subsequently replaced by it. For those members who committed to purchasing the GFTG in 2009, the Club’s commitment to you that you would have the first right each season to renew your GFTG will not change. As long as you continue to renew your GFTG, you will continue to have priority to purchase tickets should Richmond play in the Grand Final.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As some of you would be aware, the Club worked very hard in 2010 to improve the quality of the Social Club membership. Despite the fact that we didn’t have a Social Club facility, we were able to provide guest speakers such as Matthew Richardson, Ben Cousins, Gary March, Brendon Gale, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Foley, Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer, Graham Polak & Dale Weightman at after match functions at both the MCG and Etihad Stadium. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to speakers such as those mentioned above, 2011 Social Club membership will include great benefits such as: [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Access to Richmond’s brand new Social Club which is housed in the $20 million Punt Road redevelopment at all home games. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]A premium match day function where finger food will be provided (game to be nominated prior to the commencement of the season).[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Access to the Yarra Park Room at the MCG and Victory Room at Etihad Stadium[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]You will be the first to hear the Richmond’s team selection each game via text message before the teams are released to the media.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if Richmond is participating.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Access to guest passes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should you wish to take advantage of the Social Club facilities in 2011 and you would like to upgrade your GFTG to Social Club membership, then please contact Member and Supporter Services on 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466) or email us at membership@richmondfc.com.au. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cain Liddle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Member & Retail Operations Manager[/FONT]

Official line

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for purchasing a Grand Final Ticket Guarantee in 2011. By making this purchase you have ensured that if Richmond compete in the 2011 Grand Final, then you will have priority access to purchase one AFL Grand Final ticket per Grand Final Ticket Guarantee and accompanying match-day membership.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The process for accessing and purchasing a Grand Final ticket will be advised, should Richmond compete in the 2011 AFL Finals Series. Please check the Richmond website (richmondfc.com.au) and the AFL website (afl.com.au) in August/September for details.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the Social Club set to re-open at the re-developed Punt Road facility, the Club have made the decision that the Grand Final Ticket guarantee (GFTG), as a stand alone product, will be phased out over the next 3 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price increases to the GFTG will eventually see it fall in line with Social Club membership and be subsequently replaced by it. For those members who committed to purchasing the GFTG in 2009, the Club’s commitment to you that you would have the first right each season to renew your GFTG will not change. As long as you continue to renew your GFTG, you will continue to have priority to purchase tickets should Richmond play in the Grand Final.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As some of you would be aware, the Club worked very hard in 2010 to improve the quality of the Social Club membership. Despite the fact that we didn’t have a Social Club facility, we were able to provide guest speakers such as Matthew Richardson, Ben Cousins, Gary March, Brendon Gale, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Foley, Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer, Graham Polak & Dale Weightman at after match functions at both the MCG and Etihad Stadium. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to speakers such as those mentioned above, 2011 Social Club membership will include great benefits such as: [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Access to Richmond’s brand new Social Club which is housed in the $20 million Punt Road redevelopment at all home games. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]A premium match day function where finger food will be provided (game to be nominated prior to the commencement of the season).[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Access to the Yarra Park Room at the MCG and Victory Room at Etihad Stadium[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]You will be the first to hear the Richmond’s team selection each game via text message before the teams are released to the media.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if Richmond is participating.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should you wish to take advantage of the Social Club facilities in 2011 and you would like to upgrade your GFTG to Social Club membership, then please contact Member and Supporter Services on 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466) or email us at membership@richmondfc.com.au. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

This is absolute rubbish. Why wasn't this made clear to me at the time of renewal?

I would like a refund please, and I am serious.

The reason I signed up for the GF guarantee was not because we are going to make the GF this year or next or in either of the past two seasons, but because I had faith that one day in five to 10 years we would.

This action by the club really disenfranchises me. I have been a continuous member for 15 years, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has her third membership this year and my 17 day old son is already a member as well. If the club comes asking for further monies in good faith then I will struggle to justify the expense as I feel the club has really sold me short in this instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is absolute rubbish. Why wasn't this made clear to me at the time of renewal?

I would like a refund please, and I am serious.

The reason I signed up for the GF guarantee was not because we are going to make the GF this year or next or in either of the past two seasons, but because I had faith that one day in five to 10 years we would.

This action by the club really disenfranchises me. I have been a continuous member for 15 years, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has her third membership this year and my 17 day old son is already a member as well. If the club comes asking for further monies in good faith then I will struggle to justify the expense as I feel the club has really sold me short in this instance.

Not a problem, email me your details digital@richmondfc.com.au and we'll get you a refund.

Agree.

Seems like the everyday member is being asked to foot the bill for the mistakes that multi zillionaires like Casey have made in the past. These mistakes have led to ten's of millions of dollars going down the drain and no success to show for it at all!

I too was told this was a long term project (the GFTG). That is why I got in at it's inception. I'm not that stupid to have considered we were to play in the Grand Final over the last two years. Two years is also hardly "long term".

This amounts to misleading advertising and the club is opening itself up to litigation.

They had better be very careful on how they approach this problem....

Instead of eliminating the Grand Final Guarantee and alienating people, just increase the price, due to inflation and admin costs, so it's $5 cheaper than the Social Club.

[FONT=&quot]The official line seems to contradict itself

'For those members who committed to purchasing the GFTG in 2009, the Club’s commitment to you that you would have the first right each season to renew your GFTG will not change. As long as you continue to renew your GFTG, you will continue to have priority to purchase tickets should Richmond play in the Grand Final'

This reads as if those who signed up previously have the right to continue indefinitely if they chose to renew each year, but below states they have three years then have to switch over to social club membership

'The Club have made the decision that the Grand Final Ticket guarantee (GFTG), as a stand alone product, will be phased out over the next 3 years.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Instead of eliminating the Grand Final Guarantee and alienating people, just increase the price, due to inflation and admin costs, so it's $5 cheaper than the Social Club.

Thats pretty much what i read this to mean;
Official line

Official line

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards [/FONT]

So over the next 3 years 'price increases' are going to see the GFTG go from $80 to $250-$300. That is quite a rate of inflation. I dont think water will even increase by that percentage in the sameamount of time !!!

This whole episode is nothing more than a disgace and very shonky business practice.

Agree.

Seems like the everyday member is being asked to foot the bill for the mistakes that multi zillionaires like Casey have made in the past. These mistakes have led to ten's of millions of dollars going down the drain and no success to show for it at all!

I too was told this was a long term project (the GFTG). That is why I got in at it's inception. I'm not that stupid to have considered we were to play in the Grand Final over the last two years. Two years is also hardly "long term".

This amounts to misleading advertising and the club is opening itself up to litigation.

They had better be very careful on how they approach this problem....

I think it causes doubt in much of their claims, promises and actions. e.g Cairns is 'just for 2 years to help pay the debt'...but when the FTF pays that off and this contract ends, they'll be like a government with a new tax, addicted to the extra income and will suddenly realise they NEED another 3 years to (for example) "help build the free agency warchest".

They ask us to trust them, but their promises are only good for as long as it suits them, with no regard to thosewho were suckered in by them.

Not a problem, email me your details digital@richmondfc.com.au and we'll get you a refund.

Smoke & Mirrors RFC. You would get more credibility on here conceding it is unfair shonky marketing techniques, and apologise for it. "Inflation" I have heard it all.

Very poor form from a club who has survived purely on the loyalty of its fans.

This will P1ss a lot of people off. As for the posters calling to suck it up, very easy call to make when you're the one that wasn't tricked.

You can bet your bottom dollar the sort of fans buying the GF guarantee are the sort of fans who would first dive in to the pocket for the donation cause. What a disgrace.

They did eXplain themselves

As for "battling families"..... As if I give a shit. Don't over extend yourselves. If you can't afford kids don't ****ing breed.

I will freely admit that yes I have a higher level membership so it doesn't impact me, but the suggestions that people were tricked is off the mark. I'm sure the club had good intentions originally, that circumstances have since changed doesn't mean they were lying originally

They did eXplain themselves

As for "battling families"..... As if I give a shit. Don't over extend yourselves. If you can't afford kids don't ****ing breed.

I will freely admit that yes I have a higher level membership so it doesn't impact me, but the suggestions that people were tricked is off the mark. I'm sure the club had good intentions originally, that circumstances have since changed doesn't mean they were lying originally

Winner. :thumbsu:

Last time I checked the club doesn't hold anyone at gun point to buy anything, if the price rises it's your choice if you want to fork out the extra $ to pay for it, thats life unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Did any other sucker pay up for the Grand Final ticket guarantee when it came out 3 years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back