Did the pies just play their GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

thebarry111

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be very interesting to see how they go next week. A lot of the Collingwood players looked sore and out of touch. Their will be huge question marks over both Reid and Jolly for next week. If Jolly doesn't come up either combination of opponents rucks will have a massive advantage over the pies. Then you have Malthouse crying after the game. Could be proven very wrong, but it will be very hard for the pies to back up after that game.

Nope.

Collingwood have done this all year. They do **** all for 3 quarters and then go Bang.

They no what is required from here on end.

Form line this year is teams are poor off the week off then play their best the 2nd week back. We really have a tendency to play the start of the next game the way we finish our last, so I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

They didn't even try. And I hope to **** that this shit attitude that they've taken towards the opposotion, their coach and their form players will bite them in the arse.

Catters or Eagles as ONE

Nope. A team like Collingwood, who without a doubt, are a great team, don't waste chances like other teams may.

Will be business as usual for them next week, but on a grander scale.

I hope so.

We were a damn sight better in our second GF last year as well :)

I posted this on another thread, Pies might be in trouble with either side.

Geelong - if they win, they will be very hard to beat, 2 wins over the Pies this year.

West Coast - 2 giant ruckmen who look to be able to murder an injured Jolly and woeful Brown.

Lots of walking wounded for the Pies - can't see them winning the GF, to be honest the Hawks should have won by 10-20 points tonight - wasted opportunities.

A lot of people said Port "played their GF" in the Prelim in 04. They won the flag. Ditto Geelong in 07. And Adelaide in 97. Hate the saying. You cant celebrate an emotional come from behind win in a prelim?

Would be stupid to write Collingwood off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so.

We were a damn sight better in our second GF last year as well :)

Ha. I like it.

Collingwood are obviously a great team, i think they are 3 losses in the past 40 games which says it all really.

You have to admit though the form line for the pies over the past month has been well below their best. Pumped by Geelong in the last round of the year, failed to put there domination of the first three quarters against the eagles and then a get out of jail free card tonight.

It would be one for the ages though if Geelong were to win next week having beaten the pies three times and them not losing another game.

Will be very interesting to see how they go next week. A lot of the Collingwood players looked sore and out of touch. Their will be huge question marks over both Reid and Jolly for next week. If Jolly doesn't come up either combination of opponents rucks will have a massive advantage over the pies. Then you have Malthouse crying after the game. Could be proven very wrong, but it will be very hard for the pies to back up after that game.

No it was a PRELIMINARY, the GF is next week and your guys still have to make it :)

Lol too premature, im sure cats or eagles will be sore after tomorow also, it wont be bruise free. Its a preliminary final after al.

everyone said the same about port in 2004 then the next night Brisbane got major injuries.

lets see what happens in 2mrws game first.

No it was a PRELIMINARY, the GF is next week and your guys still have to make it :)

I said your opponent, realise there is still a game tomorrow.

Just confirmed:

Jolly out next week
Maxwell cracked ribs
Reid done his abductor
Ben Johnson bleeding of the calf

Certainly levels the playing field next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the pies just play their GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back