Did We Write Off Hawthorn Too Soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

1st for Center Clearances.
1st for inside 50’s.

Not sure the midfield is a glaring weakness.
Love the optimism but it’s only round 2. Omeara will get better as the season progresses no doubt, still needing one of cousins/O’Rourke/Lovell/ worpell to fill the void

Threads far too early, as others have stated it’s only round two.

Only thing you can conclusively say is we look a lot better than most expected us to look and Clarkson seems to have reinvigorated an average to decent list freakishly quickly.

See us in the 8 and possibly winning a final but no more than that.

Love the optimism but it’s only round 2. Omeara will get better as the season progresses no doubt, still needing one of cousins/O’Rourke/Lovell/ worpell to fill the void
It’s not optimism if it’s an actual though.

Optimism would be looking at a side sitting 5th for clearances and inside 50’s while suggesting that they can get better.

Hawthorn’s midfield ain’t the best in the comp, but it’s far from the worst in output either.

Titch ave of 47 is unsustainable though.

Unless...
I’m sure his numbers will balance out over the year.

We need others to pick up the slack.

Last edited:

Optimism would be looking at a side sitting 5th for clearances and inside 50’s while suggesting that they can get better.

Hawthorn’s midfield ain’t the best in the comp, but it’s far from the worst in output either.

Been a good couple of weeks, but lose McEvoy or Mitchell and things would get interesting.

Been a good couple of weeks, but lose McEvoy or Mitchell and things would get interesting.
Thats not saying a lot.

Lose Dangerfield or Selwood and things would get interesting.....you could literally say the same thing about all sides.

Everyone wants a fit and firing list.

I can't believe I am quoting Abasi but balance out to what?

Crouch averaged 33 disposals a game last year, Mitchell nearly 36. Averaging 40 touches a game maybe isn't that far away.
I certainly don’t think it’s sustainable to average mid 40’s.

It will most definitely drop, dont you think?

Port. Tick
GWS. Tick
Suns. Tick

If hawks were lucky enough to finish top 4 with that lot I'd fancy our chances. Not exactly the most feared finals tams going around

Port tick are you mad? They routinely destroy us, only win I remember is 2014 prelim but otherwise we have been embarrassed by them in first quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port tick are you mad? They routinely destroy us, only win I remember is 2014 prelim but otherwise we have been embarrassed by them in first quarters.
referring to their historical finals prowess as a club. Gifted the lions quite a bit for a start - remember 2001?

Can we wait to anoint Hawks until they beat someone other than the Pies who are terrible, and a Cats team who managed to put out a team with only three players taller than 193cm, including Blicavs who isn't a key position player, Stanley who is one of the worst rucks in the league and Hawkins who can't leave the forward 50.

I do recall one glorious day we destroyed them by 165 points. Was fantastic after some of the drubbings they'd handed us over the years.

Can we wait to anoint Hawks until they beat someone other than the Pies who are terrible, and a Cats team who managed to put out a team with only three players taller than 193cm, including Blicavs who isn't a key position player, Stanley who is one of the worst rucks in the league and Hawkins who can't leave the forward 50.
No one is anointing Hawthorn, it’s just that anyone who had Hawthorn sitting in the bottom 4 for the next 5 years need to reassess.

Did we Declare the Cats premiership candidates too soon?

All star midfield has been reamed twice in a row and I don't think the trip west will be pretty for them. Enjoy the carnage

I guess but 2 weeks in isn’t really a sample pool to hang your hat on. But yeah no doubt they definitely aren’t the worst. Looking forward to Jaegar getting match fit and hopefully one of the young bucks can earn a spot.

Did we Declare the Cats premiership candidates too soon?

All star midfield has been reamed twice in a row and I don't think the trip west will be pretty for them. Enjoy the carnage
Yeah cats are completely unbalanced with an awesome midfield and not much else. They'll always be in games but can't see them going too far unless they find some talls somehow

Remove this Banner Ad

Did We Write Off Hawthorn Too Soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back