Didak - stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet there are players at other clubs that have not been moved on for repeated drug offences, drink driving and speeding (S. Johnson... 80km over the limit was it), stealiong prescription pads, ketamine!!! Bashing people, including women... but we should get rid of Didak because he told a lie in an attempt to keep his contract with the club he loves???

He went out on the piss 6 days before a game and lied to try and keep himself at the club... not exactly the worse crime Ive heard of from an AFL player.

The people that know best will decide this, if the club decide he must be moved on then it's fine with me, they won't do it just to appease the media, they will do it because it's best for the club!

If only this had happened a year earlier.. Didak and 1st round for Judd would probably have got across the line :mad:

one post that sums up my feelings exactly

AN_Inkling wrote:
Footy would be so much better if the kind of moral panic currently in vogue took hold earlier. We wouldn't have to have seen all of those boring games played by Gary Ablett, probably would have even been spared seeing his son go 'round, the Duck would have struggled to last a season and Plugger surely would have preferred to stay in Ballarat than adhere to such strict restrictions on his own time.

Much better to screen out all those who may be a little different, otherwise they may hurt "the brand". Teams of Pete Sampras, or Roger Federer like robots would be much more dependable. The games may not be as exciting to watch, but the game's image will sparkle, and that's most important.

Mick Malthouse has it right, the media has exaggerated this "incident" beyond all proportion. I'm confident that Collingwood will remain strong, and hold onto Didak. I mean if Richmond can withstand the sort of behaviour displayed by Kane Johnson, their captain no less, surely Collingwood can weather the Didak storm. He's not even broken the law, and barely done anything at all wrong. Only a weak club would take the easy option and trade away its best player.

if we cant manage didak and expect another club to, thats weak.

This club has zero chance of a premiership without a midfield..

Geelong has the 3 top possession getters in the league
WC had Judd Cousins Kerr
Brisbane had the fab four
Brownlow medalists are almost exclusively midfielders

The times have changed, no midfield, no chance

We should see this adversity as a chance to rebuild the midfield and give the likes of Cloke O'Brien Dawes Anthony Brown Reid Rusling and other kids a real crack at a flag in the future

stay...but if we are very well compensated for losing our best player, then its time to part ways.

This club has zero chance of a premiership without a midfield..

Geelong has the 3 top possession getters in the league
WC had Judd Cousins Kerr
Brisbane had the fab four
Brownlow medalists are almost exclusively midfielders

The times have changed, no midfield, no chance

We should see this adversity as a chance to rebuild the midfield and give the likes of Cloke O'Brien Dawes Anthony Brown Reid Rusling and other kids a real crack at a flag in the future

Geelong has Steve Johnson
West Coast had Cousins
Brisbane had Akermanis

We have Didak!

Geelong has Steve Johnson
West Coast had Cousins
Brisbane had Akermanis

We have Didak!

This isn't a debate.. we don't have a midfield, that's a fact! I don't know anyone that would argue the midfield isn't our priority :confused:

If Didak can buy us a midfield we still have Medhurst in All Australian form and Thomas who can only get better for goal kicking flankers that can pinch hit on the ball

This isn't a debate.. we don't have a midfield, that's a fact! I don't know anyone that would argue the midfield isn't our priority :confused:

If Didak can buy us a midfield we still have Medhurst in All Australian form and Thomas who can only get better for goal kicking flankers that can pinch hit on the ball

You may say this isnt a debate... but how else do you class a thread that says "stay or go"????

Our misdfield hasnt performed well this year because no one has been able to effectively ruck to them. We havent won as many games as we should because we dont have a big forward kicking bags of goals... They're all facts... its a matter of opinion.

Didak is a class footballer who is all Collingwood. Side by side we stick together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may say this isnt a debate... but how else do you class a thread that says "stay or go"????
No the midfield debate.. you are trying to say our biggest problems are rucks and someone kicking a bag.. well I tell you what, go out and get Brogan and Brown and see how we go next year.. midfields will still rip us up

No the midfield debate.. you are trying to say our biggest problems are rucks and someone kicking a bag.. well I tell you what, go out and get Brogan and Brown and see how we go next year.. midfields will still rip us up

I dont agree. We have them same midfield players we had in last years finals series... along with some pretty good emerging mids. Didak is one of those that grows as a player that can play in the middle, why get rid of him to get someone else in the midfield???

I think a ruckman... who can ruck to our advantage (because we dont have one!!!) and a tall forward that can kick goals (because we dont have one!) will bring us more rewards than a highly regarded midfielder chasing someone who has the ball tapped to them and kicking to tall forwards, that when they mark... cant convert.

We are all entitled to our opinions - you dont have to agree.

So you go out and get Kerr and dont tap it to him or mark and convert his delivery and see how we go next year!

I dont agree. We have them same midfield players we had in last years finals series...
Yeah that would be the finals series that didn't end in a premiership, the flag went to the club with the best midfield in the league

Heard of a guy called Brendan Fevola:rolleyes:

Yeah I heard of Judd Stevens Murphy and co delivering it to him

I mean get serious every single Collingwood supporter knows we have to build a midfield to be a serious contender :rolleyes:

Yeah I heard of Judd Stevens Murphy and co delivering it to him

I mean get serious every single Collingwood supporter knows we have to build a midfield to be a serious contender :rolleyes:

If we had Judd, Stevens and Murphy at Collingwood who is the spearhead they'd aim for?

Rocca - cant mark... cant kick goals
Cloke - can mark... cant kick goals???

Do they have to aim for the small forwards?

Seriously who would they kick to?

If we had Judd, Stevens and Murphy at Collingwood who is the spearhead they'd aim for?

Rocca - cant mark... cant kick goals
Cloke - can mark... cant kick goals???

Do they have to aim for the small forwards?

Seriously who would they kick to?

I hope you've been drinking :rolleyes:

Good old Collingwood NOT forever.

Born 48 years ago with black and white blood, I find the treatment of Alan Didak very disturbing.
I am seriously considering renouncing my support for Collingwood. I understand the position of the club, however their judgement is plain wrong.
How can they treat the best player they have had in recent years this way - he's only human in trying to save his hide.
Was he driving? Did he force Shaw to drive? NO! Who would have done anything different?
OK, as it happens it turned out bad but should he be hung for that? No way!

My own mother (73) who has supported the Magpies through thick and thin most of her life is distraught. She says the same thing. If they trade him she's gone! And she would have to be the most avid Collingwood supporter in the country, it would rob her of the biggest enjoyment in life. Be warned Collingwood, this must NOT happen - we will certainly not be the only ones thinking this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back