Dig Deep - Bushfires

Remove this Banner Ad

Those who work for large corporates should hold off making donations as you will probably find your firms will match you dollar for dollar. Firm I work for will be doing this in the afternoon.

I thought the 10 million was to hand out to the victims who have nothing left so they can get clothes, toiletries and other necessities they need to survive for the next few days. I may be wrong but that's my take on it and if that's the case I'm sure there will be more government money to come.

That's it Rory :thumbsu:

$1,000 for adults $450 i believe to children.

To get them food clothes and temporary shelter.

It will go quick, but there should be some more coming through soon, hopefully the senate don't block it :rolleyes:

I would personally be happy to see my $950 go straight to the victims.

Unfortunately this happened when noone, including the government has much spare.

Hopefully everyone will be able to spare a bit here and there for the victims.

We have a heap of clothes to donate this week. My fiancee is giving blood. I would too but I gave a couple of weeks ago and the Red Cross won't allow me to donate again for another ten weeks.

Stupid white cell count! :mad:

I'm in the same boat. Hope this gets a few more to the blood bank because they're very low on blood this year.

Went to WestPac to donate and it was almost like they didn't want us there and it was a chore for them to write out the check...

Pretty poor effort really.

I've donated $20 through the fund that Red Cross set up. It may not be much, compared to what some may be able to do, but it was all I could financially afford at the time.

Where i work has handed over a million with all staff donations to be matched dollar for dollar.

I've donated $20 through the fund that Red Cross set up. It may not be much, compared to what some may be able to do, but it was all I could financially afford at the time.

Mate any donation is a good donation whether its $1 or $100.... if ten million people donate a dollar..... you get the point :thumbsu:

Good job :thumbsu: Charities have this amazing ability to do wonderful things with small amounts of money.

just on the news:
there was a guy saying that they had 4 halls full of stuff and it's getting to the point of thanks but no thanks. he said the easiest thing to do was to donate money through the major banks.

as for me, i am donating money through school. most people i have spoken to are giving $20+. i will probably give $50. They are in more need of it then me...

our cricket club was holding a sportsmens night this coming sunday, with rodney hogg some comedians etc with the fires getting so close to the rooms they will now be held in warragul with all donations going to the gippsland fire appeal simply to say thanks to the numerous locals who helped us in our time of need on the weekend we will now give our hand back to the people who need it the most as a result of the weekend and the coming weeks.
if anyone is interested in further details, please PM me.
we had 14 team members directly impacted upon by the fire front plus our cricket ground, hopefully we get a good turnout and make some money for those who truely need it.

Where I work is donating about $15 per sale to the Red Cross fund. We (all the employees) are also giving up a portion of our commission personally. However after finding out today that former neighbours of ours, husband wife and two kids, died in the fires, I might just have work donate my entire commission for this week and next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the Networks that are Broadcasting from the fire effected areas will donate their Advertising Fees for the time they are Broadcasting?

Yes they seem to be one of the few to have announed nothing other than telethons which they sell advertising for and make money from.

I'd be happy for the $950 I qualify for from the proposed stimulus package to be put towards the victims. In fact it would be great if the whole package had a complete reassessment.

It's money I wasn't expecting and wouldn't make a shred of difference to my quality of life anyway.

Maybe not in your life but there are hundreds of thousands of Australians that still need that $950.

Going to come off as an arseh*le after this post, just wondering how much is 'enough to give' ?

I've donated some money, as have my parents. Where i am concerned now is, how many more people will be promoting for donations (via tv/radio) or go door knocking ? We've given what we can now, but i don't want to look like a right royal ******** for not donating more (if more people come knocking on the door for more donations).

From December through to January i had a major cleanup around the house, giving my unused (but still in top condition) belongings. Gave away a number of shirts, childrens books and other toys. I don't have anything to give, what i could give them.... i don't want to be labelled as someone who is just giving away their rubbish.

For anyone in the Kalgoorlie/Goldfields region.

Hi there everyone,

Please forward this email to everyone you know in Kalgoorlie and surrounding areas, we have organised for containers to go from Kalgoorlie to Melbourne and we need your help filling it. Obviously a lot of lives have been lost and more than 700 homes completely razed, there are a lot of people that have lost EVERYTHING. Please see list below for items which will help people start to rebuild their shattered lives:

* Bedding and linen: sheets, pillows/pillowcase, doona’s, blankets, towels, tea towels, flannels
* Kitchen items: toasters, kettles, crockery, cutlery, plasticware
* Clothing: mens, womens, childrens and babies wear. It doesn’t have to be brand new but it does to be wearable please.
* Toiletries: soap and body wash, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair brushes and combs, deodorant, moisturiser and nappies in any size. Please nothing that has been opened if you can help it.
* Toys: the kids have lost everything too, I imagine things like dolls and toy cars and trucks, books and puzzles anything to take their little minds off it.

Any donations made are greatly appreciated and drop offs can be made at Goldfields People Hire, Suite 4-5, 72 Brookman Street Kalgoorlie ph: 9091 1474 if you have any further enquiries. For those of you who do FIFO and may not have access to physical items or are unable to drop them off here in Kalgoorlie, or don’t live in Kalgoorlie at all please click on the link to the Salvation Army’s website appeal and offer your financial assistance: https://www.salvationarmy.com.au/partners/donate.asp?oneoff=yes . For those off you who can drop things off, it will be a great help if you could pack things into similar groups and mark items and/or provide a list as it will make it a lot easier to pack the container!

Thanks again for your time and help, any suggestions or ideas will be gratefully received as will any questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dig Deep - Bushfires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back