Current Disappearance of 19yo Jay Slater - Tenerife

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Slater, a 19yo apprentice bricklayer has been missing since June 17 when he went to a rave with friends before travelling across Tenerife to stay with two fellow Brits.

Massive searches have been ongoing since with no trace of him found, the police yesterday deciding to wind down.

Jay is the 11th person to go missing on a Spanish island this year.

Suspicions are being raised the whole story isn't being told.

Spanish police say the case remains open and several lines of inquiry are being investigated.

Something is definitely suss here:

1) Lucy (one of the friends Jay went to the rave wth) said she got a phone call from Jay saying he was walking back to their accommodation after going back to the place of some guys he met at the rave , seems normal but he was 11 HOURS away by foot and there was a bus stop directly outside the place he went back to that could have got him back to his accommodation much quicker, buses ran every hour or something, so even if he missed the first bus he planned to catch, why walk?

2) Lucy said he told her the battery on his phone was on one bar when she last spoke to him. Again, why would he attempt to walk 11 hours with his battery so low?

3) Lucy set up a go fund me in his mums name not long after.

4) There has been talk about him being in a drug debt and stealing a Rolex from someone at the rave to pay off his drug debt.

5) Search in the area last reported by Lucy has been called off, police investigating other leads

Just my thoughts, but hes either swimming with the fishes over a drug debt/the apparent Rolex he stole or this entire thing is a scam and hes not missing at all, set up for donations. For the police to call off the search in the area would seem to indicate they dont believe hes still in the area he was last reported by Lucy. Either way I dont think Lucy is telling the complete story here.

Last edited:

Some are saying that he just met Lucy and hardly knew her, others are saying there are pics on social media of them together from a year ago.
Seems he asked someone local about the bus timetable, then took off when told it would be an hour wait - suggesting that he wanted to get away from the area of the house he went to with the two people he met at the rave.
But he was off his face, apparently, so misadventure seems just as likely as something more sinister?

Some are saying that he just met Lucy and hardly knew her, others are saying there are pics on social media of them together from a year ago.
Seems he asked someone local about the bus timetable, then took off when told it would be an hour wait - suggesting that he wanted to get away from the area of the house he went to with the two people he met at the rave.
But he was off his face, apparently, so misadventure seems just as likely as something more sinister?
Ive been off my face and walked some distances but I cant imagine saying ill give an 11 hour walk a go, thats a ****ing long way. Only way it makes sense is like you said, if there was a threat in/coming to the area and he needed to get out of there ASAP.

Ive been off my face and walked some distances but I cant imagine saying ill give an 11 hour walk a go, thats a ****ing long way. Only way it makes sense is like you said, if there was a threat in/coming to the area and he needed to get out of there ASAP.
Maybe decided to walk to the next bus stop, to kill some time?

Maybe decided to walk to the next bus stop, to kill some time?
On the last phone calls he made to Lucy and Brad they said he was off road, Lucy said he cut his leg on a cactus and Brad said he was falling down a hill when they facetimed so don't think he was near a road where buses and cars go. But who knows if they are telling the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also: Ayub Qassim invited Jay, 19, back to his rented holiday cottage after a rave in Tenerife hours before he vanished on June 17. Qassim, 31, was jailed nine years ago for being the mastermind behind a sophisticated operation to flood Wales with Class A drugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back