Ditching the gala dinner, then which award is a greater achievement?

Would you rather be recognized by Umpires or Coaches?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow easily...

The AFLCA awards have jumped the shark.

The coaches can't help themselves. When it gets down to the business end of the season, they do everything they can to get their leading player(s) as many votes as possible. It's become a bit of a farce, in my opinion.

Coaches also use their votes to artificially pump up their players into All Australian contention. They've realised the AA selectors don't watch every game, but they use the AFLCA votes as some sort of "proof" about various AA candidates.

Brownlow easily...

The AFLCA awards have jumped the shark.

The coaches can't help themselves. When it gets down to the business end of the season, they do everything they can to get their leading player(s) as many votes as possible. It's become a bit of a farce, in my opinion.

Coaches also use their votes to artificially pump up their players into All Australian contention. They've realised the AA selectors don't watch every game, but they use the AFLCA votes as some sort of "proof" about various AA candidates.
Yep. McRae this year with Golden boy, Ken last year with Butters had some questionable at best allocations of votes. All of them have flaws, Brownlow still the best there is for me. (Have said that long before Cripps won too)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ditching the gala dinner, then which award is a greater achievement?

Back