Div 1 - NFL Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright muppets, I have actually done the ladder but to save embaressment to you all I will not post until after this round to avoid confusion, seriously you should all hang your heads in shame....:D (Seriously apologies for not getting this up earlier but this was unavoidable) SO, get your tips in, maybe surprised that you think you did crap last week (you probably did) don't worry so did alot but there was some perfect tippers so the ladder has changed. Ok for this week:

Montmorency v Macleod - Interesting game this one, Mont starting their season late are wanting to get on a roll and Macleod coming of a good win last week will not want to lose touch with the 5. Weather and ground will come into this, reckon the weather will help the Kangaroos but the Maggies play Para Rd usually very well.

Northcote Park v Whittlesea - Real tuff one here for the new boys, I doubt many have come up a Div and taken points away from The Nose's Oval, I have many memories of cricket scores being booted against new guys over the past years, whilst we won’t see that the Cougar will do this comfortably.

Eltham v Heidelberg - Someone told me its been nearly 30 years since Panther have taken points off the Tigers, well I reckon if sportbet was on this they would actually go in favourites for the first time since then, would it be on the money....reckon so. Panther in a season defining game for them.

West Preston Lakeside v North Heidelberg - The Doggies will be hoping for alot of rain to ensure this does not get outta hand, afraid it will though.

Bundoora v Greensborough - Slime starting to slide and will continue sliding here, Bulls at home will just be much to strong.

Good luck all:cool:

It's been a very interesting season so far with the only constants being Bundoora winning and North Heidelberg losing. Last week wasn't too good for the tipping, but then how can you pick some teams. Anyhow onto his week's games:

Montmorency vs. Macleod
One of two matches that are a real toss-up. Both are coming off good wins although the Kangas was probably the better. But that said, the Magpies at home are hard to toss, so we'll give them the nod - if only slightly.
Northcote Park vs. Whittlesea
The Cougars have really only had the one bad loss and have bounced back well from that while the Eagles have been competitive without winning recently. At home they are pretty hard to beat so it's the Cougars for me.
Eltham vs. Heidelberg
By final siren time one of these will have lost touch with the top five and the way the season is every win is now vital. A couple of big ins for the Tigers tips it in their favour over the Panthers. But wouldn't be surprised if the result was reversed.
West Preston vs. North Heidelberg
In recent years these two teams have produced some very high scoring games, but I don't think they will this time. Expect the Roosters to post the big score at the Doggies expense.
Bundoora vs. Greensborough
Well, looks like the honeymoon for the Burra is all but over as they face a red-hot Bundoora intent on keeping an unblemished record. The Bulls by a fist-full of goals.

Montmorency vs. Macleod
Very interested in the outcome of this, I've been a believer for some time now Macleod really struggle away from home.

Northcote Park vs. Whittlesea
I'm going to make a prediction now, no body will beat the Cougars at Bill Lawry this year.

Eltham vs. Heidelberg
Hardest match of the round to tip. I've always thought writing off the Tigers is never a good idea but they're a different side, toothless even.

West Preston vs. North Heidelberg
This may not be as large a blow out as one might think. West Preston have a tendancy to be lazy in perceived 'easy' games.

Bundoora vs. Greensborough
I can't see them going the entire year undefeated. But I don't think this will be the week they lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Party-Tippers. WOW what a round, No-one saw the boys from Borough doing that and only 1 smart analyst saw the boys from all the way down Plenty Rd getting over the Cougar :thumbsu:. Ladder may look a little different, S/T is the Sub-Total up to and including Rd6. Congrats to Rompa for getting off the bottom for the first time this year :D and Kickass for tipping his IQ :D:D

Code:
		S/T	R7	R8	Total
The Grear Ape	21	4	3	28
Denny Crane	22	4	2	28
king20		20	4	3	27
Hangon		17	5	[B]4[/B]	26
Chet_Wynd	19	4	3	26
big col		19	4	2	25
NFL_JC		21	2	2	25
Underbelly	18	5	2	25
always happy	22	3	[COLOR="red"]0[/COLOR]	25
Pheonix20	17	4	3	24
bearfan		17	3	3	23
THEOX		16	4	3	23
A Living God	19	2	2	23
Parade Old Boy	18	3	2	23
tigerkelly	19	3	1	23
Captain Boyd	16	3	3	22
Lets Get It On	17	2	3	22
The Boof	17	2	3	22
1dayinspetember	18	2	2	22
bulldogrick	17	3	2	22
Coach Hollywood	18	2	2	22
Simmsroadspy	17	3	2	22
[COLOR="Navy"][B]Kickass[/B][/COLOR]		18	3	1	22
sparksy		19	2	1	22
Jewels&Bullet	15	3	3	21
Rompa		15	3	3	21
Yeah Nah	15	4	2	21
Barmyarmy	15	5	[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]	20

As its been a few weeks, if you see any issues with the adding up of you tips please PM me. Cheers

Denny Crane

After a little break I am sure some sides have some ins that may make tipping interesting. Some real cracking games in Div 1 this week. Hope you all have a great Sat arvo at the footy.

Macleod v Greenborough - Keeping touch with the top 5 is imperative for the Kangas and at home they will fancy themselves. The Slime are coming off one of their better wins in the past decade and will be keen to consolidate a top 2 spot. Reckon this will be close most the day but the Borough kicking away for the win.

Montmorency v West Preston Lakeside - This will be real close, Mont have started the season off slowly but we all expect them to start firing and firing well soon. WPL will really need to take this one seriously, their selection will make this interesting. Expect Haynes to be back and at home can see Monty upsetting the Roosters, close all day and a kick in it by siren time.

North Heidelberg v Heidelberg - What used to be a classic match up misses this year. Tigers are now in the 5 and will want to get some percentage as this season, ladder positions could well come down to that. Hopefully the Bulldogs have some 'ins' to make this competitive, whilst their season is probably over they need to get pride back to start a rebuilding phase ASAP, nothing better than a decent showing against arch rivals and competition heavy weights who are starting to show some old form.

Whittlesea v Eltham - The new kids on the block probably had their best win of the season and what was the upset of the season last round, if not for the Borough that overshadowed their great win away to the Couger. Panther have been hot and cold all year and will need to draw on all resources to take this one, I believe this is the radio game which is a little surprising but any chance of either side making the finals rests with this game.

Bundoora v Northcote Park - Reckon the boys from Westgarth may have had a hard few weeks on the track after their loss at home last round. Bulls also saw their perfect season finished last round and will want to get back on track in front of their faithful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 1 - NFL Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back