Div 1 Tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to know how many have been selected over the years.Would'nt be too many l would reckon.You would have to be something special.

lf Kenny had gone to Emerald he would have been a chance l suppose,but he's not going.Contract at old club was the stumbling block l heard.maybe next year?:D:D

lf Kenny had gone to Emerald he would have been a chance l suppose,but he's not going.Contract at old club was the stumbling block l heard.maybe next year?:D:D

Captiger, with your cheeky emoticons am I correct in getting the sense that you get some pleasure in seeing an ex-emerald Junior having some trouble getting to play footy with his mates back at his home club?

Captiger, with your cheeky emoticons am I correct in getting the sense that you get some pleasure in seeing an ex-emerald Junior having some trouble getting to play footy with his mates back at his home club?

You sign a contract that's what you deserve. Have got absolutely no sympathy.

Does'nt matter where he played his juniors.Always fascinates me when players put there hands out to take the clubs money,sign a contract then want out when better offers come along.lf your a paid player your a proffessional in my book and wanting to play with your mates does not come into it.He could have done that anytime he chose to.l am not picking singling out Kenny but all players who sign contracts.Honour them!!!!

Does'nt matter where he played his juniors.Always fascinates me when players put there hands out to take the clubs money,sign a contract then want out when better offers come along.lf your a paid player your a proffessional in my book and wanting to play with your mates does not come into it.He could have done that anytime he chose to.l am not picking singling out Kenny but all players who sign contracts.Honour them!!!!

Your point re: honoring contracts is valid but to comment on this case which you clearly know bugger all about wins you no respect from me

Your point re: honoring contracts is valid but to comment on this case which you clearly know bugger all about wins you no respect from me

His excuse is no different to any of the other blokes that try and break a contract each year. More money, the team you've signed with is no good or your mates are at another club aren't valid reasons. All three apply here.

Only 14 players from Div 2 in the Interleague Squad out of a toatal of 64. Pretty obvious what people think of the differance in standard.
Not too sure who actually selects the squad, but judging by this years selections they are automatically choosing about 6 from a Div 1 team and 3 from a Div 2 team.. Not without merit because most of the blokes selected deserve to be in the squad, but what about those from Div 2 who missed out yet would be guns in Div 1? Simpson from Emerald, Jones from Seville, Hoare from Junction just to name a few.

Of course Div 1 will get first choice of players in interleague, but to say that the top end players from Div 2 aren't up to the challenge is rubbish. Now I don't know how much truth there is to the rumour about the Kenny boys playing back at Emerald, but if they did right there they would have Steve Kenny, Marcus Kenny and Caillan Porter who would all probably be in the top 5-10 of Div 1. Just a popularity contest more so than choosing the actual best 50 players in the entire league.
Does anyone no how many div 2 players were in the squad last year?
Don't hold me to this but weren't there only 3 from Div 2 last year?
Did you seriously just quote your own post and reply to yourself? Forget to change accounts or are you just a dimwit?

Not too sure who actually selects the squad, but judging by this years selections they are automatically choosing about 6 from a Div 1 team and 3 from a Div 2 team.. Not without merit because most of the blokes selected deserve to be in the squad, but what about those from Div 2 who missed out yet would be guns in Div 1? Simpson from Emerald, Jones from Seville, Hoare from Junction just to name a few.

You just answered your own question why there are'nt more 2nd division players in the interleage squad, Jones from seville could'nt get a kick at mt ev, then goes to seville and is a gun. And if your talking about the same Hoare that was struggling to get a game at Silvan acouple of years ago please

You just answered your own question why there are'nt more 2nd division players in the interleage squad, Jones from seville could'nt get a kick at mt ev, then goes to seville and is a gun. And if your talking about the same Hoare that was struggling to get a game at Silvan acouple of years ago please

Your kidding yourself if you reckon jones couldnt get a kick at Mt Ev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Div 1 will get first choice of players in interleague, but to say that the top end players from Div 2 aren't up to the challenge is rubbish. Now I don't know how much truth there is to the rumour about the Kenny boys playing back at Emerald, but if they did right there they would have Steve Kenny, Marcus Kenny and Caillan Porter who would all probably be in the top 5-10 of Div 1. Just a popularity contest more so than choosing the actual best 50 players in the entire league.

Don't hold me to this but weren't there only 3 from Div 2 last year?

Did you seriously just quote your own post and reply to yourself? Forget to change accounts or are you just a dimwit?

Once again you get on your high horse without thouroughly reading the quotes.My second quote was an addittion to the first quote.Not an answer.Seems to me when l quote something about Emerald a certain couple fly off the handle and resort to childish name calling.l thought this was a discussion forum.Still no one can clarify the position.And dont say its no one's business.People talk all the time on who's going where and why etc.Thats part of football.Resorting to personal insults is ordinary.

Gembrook vs Mt.Evelyn
Healesville vs Olinda
Warby vs Monbulk
Wandin vs Upwey
Yarra Glen vs Woori

Gembrook v Mt.Evelyn - cracking game, home ground advantage
Healesville v Olinda - another cracker of a game
Warby v Monbulk - same as Gembrook tip
Wandin v Upwey - Wandin in good nick, Upwey struggle at Wandin
Yarra Glen v Woori - beware, Div 2 vs Div 1 premier, Woori under 3 goals
Collingwood v Adelaide - bounce back after their little kick in the pants

Once again you get on your high horse without thouroughly reading the quotes.My second quote was an addittion to the first quote.Not an answer.Seems to me when l quote something about Emerald a certain couple fly off the handle and resort to childish name calling.l thought this was a discussion forum.Still no one can clarify the position.And dont say its no one's business.People talk all the time on who's going where and why etc.Thats part of football.Resorting to personal insults is ordinary.

When you make a decision to stop supporting your club and instead get pleasure in spreading rumour and innuendo about your club it naturally becomes none of YOUR business.

Round 5 tips

Gembrook 12 points. Brookers at home

Healesville 20 points. Big ground = big home ground advantage. Battle for the rightful 'Blood Cup'

Warby 18 points.. Game of the round for top spot. Monbulk first challenge as they bet a injury deplented Upwey @ home and a undermaned Worri. Get to see where they really are

Upwey 20 points... Important game for wandin if a loss comes for them it will be a scrap for the rest of the season for finals

Worri 5 points.... Could go anyway. Worri just because

Warby v Monbulk - Warby by 10
Yarra Glen v Woori Yallock - Woori Yallock by plenty, just because i dont like the river pigs
Wandin v Upwey Tecoma - Upwey
Healesvile v Olinda - Olinda should win
Gembrook v Mt Evelyn - Mt Evelyn will win

Monbulk v Healesville - 33 Points - Have Monbulk had every game at home???? Seems that way - can't be bothered looking it up.

Olinda v Mt.Evelyn - Surely they will not lose 3 in a row.. Can they?? Seemed to be the team to beat only last month but now under some real pressure. Not a lot of injuries either - almost full strength last game. I have almost talked myself into backing Olinda.... but sorry TeeS - Mt Eve by a point!!!

Wandin v Gembrook - 25 Points - Wandin much improved but Brooka's with the Shippenator back to win.

Woori v Warburton - 10 Points. Woori at home too strong. Will be interesting to see how Warby go over the next month... Not sure if their game style is suited to wet weather. They appear to like high scoring shootouts and will be interesting to see how they go when things slop up.

Upwey v Yarra Glen - 45 Points. Upwey with players returning from injury will start to gather some real momentum.

Collingwood v St.Kilda - Sorry TeeS but Sainters are BACK!! And the pies deserve to lose after dropping young Blairy!!!

Monbulk vs Healesville
Olinda vs Mt.Evelyn
Wandin vs Gembrook
Woori vs Warby
Upwey vs Yarra Glen

Woori v Warby - Warby for the upset
Upwey v Yarra Glen - Upwey by lots
Wandin v Gembrook - Gembrook should be too strong
Monbulk v Healesville - monny
Olinda v Mt Evelyn - Olinda because they're the home team

Monbulk v Healesville - 33 Points - Have Monbulk had every game at home???? Seems that way - can't be bothered looking it up.

Olinda v Mt.Evelyn - Surely they will not lose 3 in a row.. Can they?? Seemed to be the team to beat only last month but now under some real pressure. Not a lot of injuries either - almost full strength last game. I have almost talked myself into backing Olinda.... but sorry TeeS - Mt Eve by a point!!!

Wandin v Gembrook - 25 Points - Wandin much improved but Brooka's with the Shippenator back to win.

Woori v Warburton - 10 Points. Woori at home too strong. Will be interesting to see how Warby go over the next month... Not sure if their game style is suited to wet weather. They appear to like high scoring shootouts and will be interesting to see how they go when things slop up.

Upwey v Yarra Glen - 45 Points. Upwey with players returning from injury will start to gather some real momentum.

Collingwood v St.Kilda - Sorry TeeS but Sainters are BACK!! And the pies deserve to lose after dropping young Blairy!!!

Only apologise if you really mean it, neither of those seemed heartfelt to me lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 1 Tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back