Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d hope to see Donvale promoted, talk about bashing the door down…

2021: East Burwood promoted - Donvale were level on match ratio and 4% behind on percentage

2022: Lose the GF by four points

2023: Drop one game for the year, win the GF by ten goals, no promotion.

To think Oakleigh District were in D2 in 2022 instead of them. 0 wins and 17%.

You’d hope to see Donvale promoted, talk about bashing the door down…

2021: East Burwood promoted - Donvale were level on match ratio and 4% behind on percentage

2022: Lose the GF by four points

2023: Drop one game for the year, win the GF by ten goals, no promotion.

To think Oakleigh District were in D2 in 2022 instead of them. 0 wins and 17%.
Heard today they picked up 3 players during the week.
2 x from Premier
1 x Opposition Capt
and possibly a returning SANFL player.
Disappointing that one of their club greats Matt Leardi did his ACL last week against Surrey Park. Just short of 200 games

2 x from Premier
1 x Opposition Capt
Disappointing that one of their club greats Matt Leardi did his ACL last week against Surrey Park. Just short of 200 games

I don't really understand why they need these guys? They are so far ahead its not funny.

Interested in what you mean by opposition captain? Are you suggesting a current opposition div 3 captain has signed mid year or am i reading too much into it?

I don't really understand why they need these guys? They are so far ahead its not funny.

Interested in what you mean by opposition captain? Are you suggesting a current opposition div 3 captain has signed mid year or am i reading too much into it?
Would be easy to work out if we had access to clearance info. By the way standard of umpiring in third divvy is diabolically bad. One instance among many at our game yesterday young umpire paid a free for our deliberate or whatever we call it and was going to line up the player from where the ball was kicked eventually persuaded it had to be taken from boundary. Almost no communication between older and younger umpire young bloke was trying but older bloke who we’ve seen several games this year just there filling in time for $$ yes we lost but laser week we won and had this person umpire and again his umpiring was ludicrous. Don’t ask me my solution because it is not within my responsibilities and I have not hear any solutions across a number of social media sites 😊

Just what i heard. Hard without the clearances being updated. Yeah opposition Captain, been training for a couple of weeks. i think they said hes been cleared

Would be easy to work out if we had access to clearance info. By the way standard of umpiring in third divvy is diabolically bad. One instance among many at our game yesterday young umpire paid a free for our deliberate or whatever we call it and was going to line up the player from where the ball was kicked eventually persuaded it had to be taken from boundary. Almost no communication between older and younger umpire young bloke was trying but older bloke who we’ve seen several games this year just there filling in time for $$ yes we lost but laser week we won and had this person umpire and again his umpiring was ludicrous. Don’t ask me my solution because it is not within my responsibilities and I have not hear any solutions across a number of social media sites 😊

The solution starts with not relying on people who are basically volunteers - the pay doesn’t even cover their costs.

Footy got away with this for decades but the jig is up.

Wages are up across the board and there is no way on earth many sane people are volunteering to spend their Saturday afternoons running around in the cold and wet or heat and being abused all day just for the love of it.

It would take many hundreds of dollars for me to even consider it and the vast majority of people would be the same. Why would they?

Footy is an expensive sport and some simply had to be found for the umpires. That will attract some quality and quantity which is the only way to improve it.

Clubs will just have to cop it.

A 5% tax on each club’s total wage bill (as submitted to the league) would be a start.

It’s a shambles and urgent and creative fixes are required.

2 x from Premier
1 x Opposition Capt
Any clues or ideas yet on identities 😊

Any clues or ideas yet on identities 😊

If you go through the Div 3 captains i cant work out who it could be

Coldstream - Darcy Carrigan - No
Ferntree Gully - Jack Flannery - No
Fairpark - Mitch Nied - No
UFTG - Rory Bailey - No
Knox - Ethan Murray - No
Oakleigh - Simon Hawkins - haven't had it officially confirmed but played on the weekend so No.
Silvan - Hard to work out who their captain is, 3 VC but they all played on the weekend. Very Unlikley.
Surrey Park - Cant work out who their captain is. 2x DVC & 2x VC. But surely not.
Warrandyte - Zak Carroll played on the weekend, surely not?

McCormack yes. He was there on the weekend but was only a rumour. I still believe hes at Central Districts for the rest of the year.
I believe its Tout from Warrandyte. He was Co-Captain they were saying
Not a knock on Tour but not sure who he replaces at Donvale still a handy back up though 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the same thing. who do they replace. I believe its both Touts and Zalac from Blackburn.

Dont think Billy McCormack will come back this season

Ok didnt realise they were co-captains. Tommy Tout hasn't played for Warrandyte for a few games so makes sense.

I presume the Zalac from Blackburn is a brother of current player Zalac?

If you go through the Div 3 captains i cant work out who it could be

Coldstream - Darcy Carrigan - No
Ferntree Gully - Jack Flannery - No
Fairpark - Mitch Nied - No
UFTG - Rory Bailey - No
Knox - Ethan Murray - No
Oakleigh - Simon Hawkins - haven't had it officially confirmed but played on the weekend so No.
Silvan - Hard to work out who their captain is, 3 VC but they all played on the weekend. Very Unlikley.
Surrey Park - Cant work out who their captain is. 2x DVC & 2x VC. But surely not.
Warrandyte - Zak Carroll played on the weekend, surely not?
Matt Garvin is Surrey's captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back