Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to hear from you Dave. Please pass on my and many fellow Rammers our thank you to all of the committee, volunteers, workers, and supporters. I had a great day near the fire pit and a great yarn with Big Bill and enjoyed Horse's bar. Best Hamburger I have had at local footy in years. Everyone was great and enjoyed a few bevies in the rooms after the game. That's what local footy is about. All the best for the rest of the season and we look forward to seeing you guys at Ram stadium and repaying the warm hospitality.

I have been to finals at Boronia and they generally put on a very good show.

I don't believe so. If you put the scores in they appear. The League should make it compulsory to put scores in at the end of each quarter for ALL games. Too many scores in each Division are up, only the teams who don't enter scores don't have an entry. Every club should have the internet by now. Home teams are responsible for the scores.
I believe the girls won. So they are now 2-0 and a great boost to the club.
I will be very surprised if the 2's lose a game this year. They are putting great pressure on the players in the 1's to perform every week.

Sorry you are correct.I remember a few seasons back I used to text the quarter by quarter scores to the media manager but perhaps this was for the live coverage on 98.1.It seems as you said the home club puts the quarter by quarter scores on.I" think" end of match away club gives the home team their goal kickers and best players and home club puts these details plus their on the site.Personally I find the current coverage of EFNL footy disappointing.Perhaps I am living in the past but liked the coverage from 12 till 6 (now reduced) on 98.1 and the Sunday morning show from 10.00 till 12.00 also on 98.1.PS The Bayswater v Mitcham no result on the site and it is now 1PM Sunday.

Sorry you are correct.I remember a few seasons back I used to text the quarter by quarter scores to the media manager but perhaps this was for the live coverage on 98.1.It seems as you said the home club puts the quarter by quarter scores on.I" think" end of match away club gives the home team their goal kickers and best players and home club puts these details plus their on the site.Personally I find the current coverage of EFNL footy disappointing.Perhaps I am living in the past but liked the coverage from 12 till 6 (now reduced) on 98.1 and the Sunday morning show from 10.00 till 12.00 also on 98.1.PS The Bayswater v Mitcham no result on the site and it is now 1PM Sunday.
I was listening to 98.1 on my way home and after I arrived hoping to hear the scores from Boronia. 98.1 must get their scores from the EFNL website because any games that didn't have scores on the website were not broadcast. They could broadcast the scores from other games more regularly than they do and they need to get someone who is more confident with their reading skills to give the scores.
Have to agree the coverage isn't as good as it used to be. As soon as the broadcast game is over it's straight back to the studio. At least the could give final scores from around the grounds.

Ultimately it’s up to the clubs, the league isn’t going to have people at 24 games.

I’m not in the slightest bit surprised things like this are suffering, I’m not sure some people are across the absolute crisis of volunteers that is out there at the moment. People have simply dropped off and not returned. That’s players, umpires and volunteers.

Great coverage is just another of those things that we all took for granted but now you realise that if the people disappear then so does the outcome.

Ultimately it’s up to the clubs, the league isn’t going to have people at 24 games.

I’m not in the slightest bit surprised things like this are suffering, I’m not sure some people are across the absolute crisis of volunteers that is out there at the moment. People have simply dropped off and not returned. That’s players, umpires and volunteers.

Great coverage is just another of those things that we all took for granted but now you realise that if the people disappear then so does the outcome.
No doubt lack of volunteers is an issue and always has been. I have noticed as the old generation is passing away that there are very few filling the void. I suggest clubs talk to each regarding the scoring. Hey, we haven't got anyone, do you guys have anyone that can do it? I'm happy to do it for an opposition club and I am sure there are many like myself that are willing to help out. Can we all help each other? Maybe it's a conversation we need to have as I feel that local football is a massive community of great people and sure there are some exceptions but that is in anything.

A few seasons back scores flooded in on Twitter and there were retweets. That seems to have disappeared.

A few seasons back scores flooded in on Twitter and there were retweets. That seems to have disappeared.

I think Twitter disappeared in favour of clubs being required to put them on the website.

It simply varies by club. Some update every quarter on all games for social media and do it beautifully. Others obviously just don’t have the resources.

I used to publish our scores on Twitter, as many clubs did. I believe the EFNL wanted us to focus on GameDay updates instead. Our supporters seem to prefer score updates via our Facebook page and don’t use GameDay or Twitter for that purpose.

The EFNL needs to get its social media act together. Not everyone wants to sit on face ache, I gave it away years ago. If you don't want scores on Twitter then why have a Twitter handle? They have a whole website yet they mention nothing about their podcasts. Their social media team must be all on separate social media platforms.

The EFNL needs to get its social media act together. Not everyone wants to sit on face ache, I gave it away years ago. If you don't want scores on Twitter then why have a Twitter handle? They have a whole website yet they mention nothing about their podcasts. Their social media team must be all on separate social media platforms.
Completely agree. On the EFNL website they have links to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I tried all of them, no scores available.
The EFNL need to lift their game and provide much more useful information to the players and supporters of the Senior and Junior Clubs that make up the EFNL.

Completely agree. On the EFNL website they have links to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I tried all of them, no scores available.
The EFNL need to lift their game and provide much more useful information to the players and supporters of the Senior and Junior Clubs that make up the EFNL.

Twitter and Instragram I am not with but Facebook I do.Perhaps need people who have facebook to post on their club sites the quarter by quarter scores but then not every one is on Facebook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked the same question and have been told it is.
Another example of how the EFNL could improve their game in keeping everyone informed. It would be great if they had the finals fixture up the Gameday page. Surely if they can put up the complete season fixture they can put it up for finals as well. They don't need to know the grounds being used to show how it will be played.

Seems unnecessary. I guess they’re trying to make up for no finals having been played over the past couple of years.
Yeah, it looks like half the Division makes the Finals. You can only think that it brings in a bit more money to the EFNL and clubs hosting finals.

I asked the same question and have been told it is.

D1 seems to be a final 5 as well.I just noticed the ladders and saw a line under the 5th team in D1 and D2.Perhaps getting ahead of myself with finals venues but would finals be at Ringwood this season.The reason I ask is it looks like no parking at the southern end of the ground,any of you D2 people been there this season and can clarify that one.

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you Dave. Please pass on my and many fellow Rammers our thank you to all of the committee, volunteers, workers, and supporters. I had a great day near the fire pit and a great yarn with Big Bill and enjoyed Horse's bar. Best Hamburger I have had at local footy in years. Everyone was great and enjoyed a few bevies in the rooms after the game. That's what local footy is about. All the best for the rest of the season and we look forward to seeing you guys at Ram stadium and repaying the warm hospitality.
We very much appreciate your feedback on a good afternoon at the club. I will pass your message on to Flash and co. 186A8344.jpeg

I went to the match centre and I went through each round and let the predicter select winning teams and scores. The final ladder came in as below, I did
laugh. I think there is only one correct position on this ladder. I did this a few times and came up with the same result.
Ladder.png

I went to the match centre and I went through each round and let the predicter select winning teams and scores. The final ladder came in as below, I did
laugh. I think there is only one correct position on this ladder. I did this a few times and came up with the same result.
View attachment 1390480
I tried it as well, same result. No point playing out the season lets get straight on to the finals.

View attachment 1390480

Just looking at the ladder, tbh it doesn't look that ridiculous. Everybody is expecting SB to go undefeated but them aside I'm not sure any other side is that ridiculously placed on what we've seen.

View attachment 1390480

1 correct position yes,Oakleigh District 10th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back