Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I was wrong the Basin knocked off Boronia and the Rams just won't give up. 11 goals to 1 second half and run out comfortable winners. Some great moves by the coaching staff to change the team up in the second half. Another debutant who played really well and the Rams just keep wheeling out these young kids that just have a crack. I think Basin now sits 5th and Boronia head to Ram Stadium next week.

Well Cliff and all you East Burwood people on BF it is official.The EFNL have just announced the 2nd divisions finals will be on the MCG of the East Walker Park and we will look after you.Walker Park ticks all boxes on being one of the best facilities in the EFNL.If only the ground was 15m longer and hold a 10,000 crowd Premier finals would be there.Spread the word we now have a 2 level free car park which can take 250 plus cars and is behind the grandstand and entrance gates will be open there.

Last edited:
Well Cliff and all you East Burwood people on BF it is official.The EFNL have just announced the 2nd divisions finals will be on the MCG of the East Walker Park and we will look after you.Walker Park ticks all boxes on being one of the best facilities in the EFNL.If only the ground was 15m longer and hold a 10,000 crowd Premier finals would be there.Spread the word we now have a 2 level free car park which can take 250 plus cars and is behind the grandstand and entrance gates will be open there.
Look forward to the finals there. Hope the burgers are good because as of now Boronia leads the pack by a long way.

It was always London to Brick that it would be GMac.

Brick? Didn’t he play at mitcham years back? Fairly sure he was the poor bastard Ian Bremner leveled in a final at baysie in the 80s. I reckon I was about 7-8 so mid 80s when bremner coached mully

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was that Thick As ........

Rams go down to a Gutsy Boronia, no chance they were coming from behind this week. Sth Belgrave over the Basin and someone's either put the scores in wrong or Ringwood had a shit day,

ri.png

Not greatly disappointed considering that we lost 15 players to injury and Covid. There were a lot of 2's playing in the seniors and gave a good account of themselves. Got the numbers for the 2's team, but without any players on the bench and still managed to win comfortably.

Not greatly disappointed considering that we lost 15 players to injury and Covid. There were a lot of 2's playing in the seniors and gave a good account of themselves. Got the numbers for the 2's team, but without any players on the bench and still managed to win comfortably.
I think all clubs may be struggling for numbers Cliff. A spate of mid-season injuries is normal and then Covid, flu and overseas travel take their toll as well. Boronia was missing 21 listed players as ill or injured across firsts and seconds today, with one in the UK. That's how it goes.

I think all clubs may be struggling for numbers Cliff. A spate of mid-season injuries is normal and then Covid, flu and overseas travel take their toll as well. Boronia was missing 21 listed players as ill or injured across firsts and seconds today, with one in the UK. That's how it goes.

Mitcham in trouble had similar problems today.Heard Balwyn had the same issues.

Last edited:
That's football in the current pandemic, at least we can still keep playing. I wasn't 100% yesterday and couldn't attend but got to see the live stream. Boronia deserved to win they played solid football for 3/4's and sure we can talk about who's in and who's out but you still have to field a team and it's 18 v 18 on the field. It was a good game to watch and I was told plenty of people in the rooms after the game were getting looked after by the club. Well done EB for getting right behind NAIDOC week, the Jumper is fantastic as is the story behind the art. A big thank you to Boronia for being there and sharing the moment before the game. Great to see Federal and State MP's as well as the Mayor of Whitehorse getting together on the day. This is community football that we can all be proud of.
A.png
b.jpg

Plenty of talk pre season that South Belgrave would do this easy (they still might) but for all that this looks like possibly the most interesting division.

They are doing as expected but Ringwood just keep winning, East Burwood have surprised, Boronia have been very competitive with the top 3 (beat EB, lost to SB by a kick).

Then you have 4 teams within a game of each other fighting it out for the last finals spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of talk pre season that South Belgrave would do this easy (they still might) but for all that this looks like possibly the most interesting division.

They are doing as expected but Ringwood just keep winning, East Burwood have surprised, Boronia have been very competitive with the top 3 (beat EB, lost to SB by a kick).

Then you have 4 teams within a game of each other fighting it out for the last finals spot.
Finals are different and in saying that I will still sit with Sth Belgrave as one of the Grand Finalists and any team could be their opponents on the day. Injuries and how much depth you have can come into play. East Burwood has to win 2 of the remaining games if they want a double chance. That isn't as easy as it sounds after they lost to Boronia.

Finals are different and in saying that I will still sit with Sth Belgrave as one of the Grand Finalists and any team could be their opponents on the day. Injuries and how much depth you have can come into play. East Burwood has to win 2 of the remaining games if they want a double chance. That isn't as easy as it sounds after they lost to Boronia.
Even though we will lose a further 7 players next week, you would think that one of those wins will be next week's game against Oakleigh Districts.

Even though we will lose a further 7 players next week, you would think that one of those wins will be next week's game against Oakleigh Districts.
You would hope so. I have no footy boots to play in the magoos next week, will runners do? Won't do anything but I can stand there to make up the numbers. I will play for Dim Sims.

We will get a few back, but those 7 are going OS for a holiday. Hard for me to comprehend, but that's the younger generation. If Slats is there forget about any notion of Dim Sims, they'll all be gone quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back