Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The gap between the top 3 and 4th is widening. 3 games between 3rd and 4th now.

Top 3 looks locked in but pleasingly for onlookers there’s been enough results where other teams have beaten them or given them a scare to keep all finals interesting. Eg SB look a long way ahead at times but Boronia got within a kick of them and Mulgrave beat them… in a do or die final that’s enough to put doubt in their mind should the other side get some momentum. Keeps it interesting.

Who said D2 will be on the MCG of the East Walker Park.Finals venues have not been announced I thought.
Maybe finals venues might have a new look this year. The new clubs, Berwick and Beaconsfield both have wonderful facilities and a history of hosting big finals crowds in other comps. I wonder if they will be considered?
Perhaps first year in might be too soon.

Maybe finals venues might have a new look this year. The new clubs, Berwick and Beaconsfield both have wonderful facilities and a history of hosting big finals crowds in other comps. I wonder if they will be considered?
Perhaps first year in might be too soon.
I am pretty sure they can put in for them and be considered. If they want to pay to host finals, their money is as good as any other clubs. The league has to do its due diligence and accept the best facility on offer.

No chance imo. Too far away and would impact neutral crowds on GF day.

Expect Bayswater, Boronia, East Burwood, Mitcham and maybe Glen Waverley as usual. Probably not Ringwood as it’s a building site.
If the choice is Scoresby and Berwick, they would be not doing their job in giving it to Scoresby. The facility is substandard. Build it and they will come.

If the choice is Scoresby and Berwick, they would be not doing their job in giving it to Scoresby. The facility is substandard. Build it and they will come.

There’s enough grounds in the east though.

On the podcast they were talking Div 3 at Ringwood, Div 4 at East Burwood.

Premier will be at Baysy.

I’d imagine Glen Waverley or Boronia for Div 1 and Mitcham for Div 2.

There is plenty of choices if the clubs wish to put up the money to host the finals. In saying that clubs are struggling with cash flow, it's a financial risk hosting finals especially as we still have Covid.

Who said D2 will be on the MCG of the East Walker Park.Finals venues have not been announced I thought.
Me. Why, is Mitcham considering not putting in for the finals?
Happy to play at Glen Waverley, surface cover isn't as quite as good, but much nicer in size and they have a grand stand as well.

Me. Why, is Mitcham considering not putting in for the finals?
Happy to play at Glen Waverley, surface cover isn't as quite as good, but much nicer in size and they have a grand stand as well.

All I am saying is the EFNL have not announced finals venue yet.BUT pretty sure venues will be Bayswater,Boronia,Mitcham East Burwood and Glen Waverley.Other venues,Ringwood and East Ringwood perhaps.Glen Waverley to big,windy for me and that muddy centre but similar at all venues with turf wickets.

I've been to a few finals at Mitcham and enjoyed it. Has a great atmosphere for spectators I reckon, it's a little bit of a cauldron. Probably due to the ground being smaller, which I appreciate wouldn't suit some teams on field.
Having played there a lot over the years. Perfect size for cricket. A touch small for footy. I have, however, seen some really great games there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rams by 4 points over Tempy with a goal from the last kick of the day. At halftime EB lead by 5 goals. The wind picked up in the 3rd quarter and Tempy played much better than us and were 11points down at the end. 4th quarter two quick goals to Tempy put them ahead by a point. EB goaled but Tempy answered. In time on, EB were 8 points down. They then kicked a goal and with seconds left took a mark only metres out but on a tight angle. The EB player played on and kicked the ball. As the ball was going through the goals the siren went and EB pinched the game by 4 points. Also saw what looked to me, the mark of the year.

The new scoreboard will be in place for the finals. The old scoreboard will become a corporate box.

Last edited:
A nail-biting finish with a bit of controversy thrown in. The rams are happy to take the four points after a game of two halves. Rams flying in the first half and the Dockers flying in the second half.

Rams by 4 points over Tempy with a goal from the last kick of the day. At halftime EB lead by 5 goals. The wind picked up in the 3rd quarter and Tempy played much better than us and were 11points down at the end. 4th quarter two quick goals to Tempy put them ahead by a point. EB goaled but Tempy answered. In time on, EB were 8 points down. They then kicked a goal and with seconds left took a mark only metres out but on a tight angle. The EB player played on and kicked the ball. As the ball was going through the goals the siren went and EB pinched the game by 4 points. Also saw what looked to me, the mark of the year.

The new scoreboard will be in place for the finals. The old scoreboard will become a corporate box.
The Tempy view I heard was he ran around the mark, the siren went and so the ball was dead before he kicked it!!

I don't think that is correct on the technicalities though. My understanding is that the game ends when the umpire's arms go up, and they didn't, so the goal counts.

Our guys shouldn't really grizzle. Didn't start playing till quarter time, and let EB back in at the death knell. Keep the ball down the other end, and it doesn't matter when the siren went.

The Tempy view I heard was he ran around the mark, the siren went and so the ball was dead before he kicked it!!

I don't think that is correct on the technicalities though. My understanding is that the game ends when the umpire's arms go up, and they didn't, so the goal counts.

Our guys shouldn't really grizzle. Didn't start playing till quarter time, and let EB back in at the death knell. Keep the ball down the other end, and it doesn't matter when the siren went.
Yes, that was what they complained about, but the ball was definitely in the air when the siren went. Field umpire confirmed with the goal umpire, who then signaled a goal. It was after that when Tempy protested to the ump. A second later and the player might not have kicked the ball before the siren. Anyway they can always check the game video. It was hard to believe but that's definitely what happened.
Just on Cameron Cloke, he looks cooked and shouldn't play after this season. He'd be taking good money out of the club and not performing on the ground.

Last edited:
Yes, that was what they complained about, but the ball was definitely in the air when the siren went. Field umpire confirmed with the goal umpire, who then signaled a goal. It was after that when Tempy protested to the ump. A second later and the player might not have kicked the ball before the siren. Anyway they can always check the game video. It was hard to believe but that's definitely what happened.
On Cameron Cloke, he looks cooked and shouldn't play after this season. He'd be taking good money out of the club and not performing.
First time I've seen them this year. I think he did a hamstring earlier so maybe hampered by that... but he didn't get too far out of the goal square

Cloke was hobbling after the first qtr. His first goal he fell over and got a free-kick, second goal the Rams player fell over and gifted him a mark and a goal. His ruck work in the final term was really good as he didn't really have to move. In the first qtr the Rams rebounded out of the backline and were prepared to leave him alone and make play going forward and head back to him on turnover. That set them the Rams up in the first qtr. I could not believe the run Templestowe had in the second half. It was a different team than the first half.

Having played there a lot over the years. Perfect size for cricket. A touch small for footy. I have, however, seen some really great games there.

I can assure you if D2 finals are at the MCG of the East Walker Park we will look after all clubs involved.We tick all boxes as a venue other then ground size could be bigger but that creates the awesome atmosphere which personally I like.The newly redeveloped rooms with the new viewing room added I hope you all check out plus a 250 plus 2 tiered car park behind the grandstand and please"use"

I can assure you if D2 finals are at the MCG of the East Walker Park we will look after all clubs involved.We tick all boxes as a venue other then ground size could be bigger but that creates the awesome atmosphere which personally I like.The newly redeveloped rooms with the new viewing room added I hope you all check out plus a 250 plus 2 tiered car park behind the grandstand and please"use"
The car park is part of the Whitehorse Councils $78 million Art Centre. Hugely popular with the people next door to it, NOT. Now they are short of money for new developments. Anything in the pipeline won't be happening any time soon. All new developments are seeking private investment funding and won't go ahead without it. Philip Daw's lasting legacy, in more ways than one.

The car park is part of the Whitehorse Councils $78 million Art Centre. Hugely popular with the people next door to it, NOT. Now they are short of money for new developments. Anything in the pipeline won't be happening any time soon. All new developments are seeking private investment funding and won't go ahead without it. Philip Daw's lasting legacy, in more ways than one.

The new car park will be accessible for all people that wish to use Walker Park on sporting days and will be free.You say short of money for new developments can you please elaborate or are you talking about Whitehorse Council.

Whitehorse Council have little left for any new significant developments and it will probably be like that for at least a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back