Do Geelong supporters cringe?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but i do cringe at opposition supporters who are so juvenile and one-eyed that they cannot appreciate a brilliant side and instead make pathetic recourse to some far-flung idea of "umpire bias". Grow the **** up!
The brilliance is roundly acknowledged and appreciated, thus other fans find it frustrating when brilliance gets an armchair ride as well.

As a cat fan you are less likely to see it.

I sat on the couch as a neutral and thought it was my dislike of Geelong that was making me think they get a nice run from the umps, but it was just too obvious in the end.

No, but i do cringe at opposition supporters who are so juvenile and one-eyed that they cannot appreciate a brilliant side and instead make pathetic recourse to some far-flung idea of "umpire bias". Grow the **** up!
What you got last September is what you will receive again this year:thumbsu:

The great Essendon team of 99-01 only won the 1 flag and you'll do us proud and follow along the same tradition of not fulfilling your potential.

Look forward to it just like I look forward to next week.

Tell Selwood and co. to HTFU if you get the chance.

Cheers.

I am not disputing that Geelong are the best team in the competition at the moment, along with St Kilda, but it just annoys me that Geelong continually stages for free kicks when they probably don't need to because of how skillful they play.

What also annoys me is that Geelong supporters do not admit to this but rather attack oppostion supporters for stating the obvious truth.

Geelong's staging for free kicks style of play will ultimately cost them a premiership as it did in last years grand final.

This is because on umpires refuse to play ticky touch free kicks on grand finals.

Really disappointed with the umpiring tonight, that's all I say.

We had our chance to win it even after all that and didn't.

[youtube]rTEeBkLbXic[/youtube]

Get a clue. The lot of you.
Yeah, nah. Hard players don't turn into little princesses at every opportunity to flail the head backwards as if shot. Your team is full of these ********s and like last September will be exposed again:thumbsu:

G'day John. After your running battles with Bulldog supporters all week, why am I not surprised at your eloquent post?

Sorry the smashing you were so desperately hoping for didn't eventuate.

To think that a few years back you where my 2nd favourite team. :D

Actually I was hoping for a smashing but the fact that you lost by a kick in hind site is so much better.

Funny - I saw that exact thing happen at least half a dozen times tonight, but no free kicks were paid to the doggies. What is nigh on impossible is to get a hold in the ball free kick against Geelong

So I'm guessing you missed Ablett getting pinged for exactly that in the first quarter then. Hey, looks like nothing's impossible after all. :p

Best team won. Get over it whingers.

Quoted for truth. :thumbsu:

Geelong's staging for free kicks style of play will ultimately cost them a premiership as it did in last years grand final.

This is because on umpires refuse to play ticky touch free kicks on grand finals.

I would also add that the inability of the bullies to kick straight will lose them a game let alone a grand final if they ever make it to one;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny - I saw that exact thing happen at least half a dozen times tonight, but no free kicks were paid to the doggies. What is nigh on impossible is to get a hold in the ball free kick against Geelong

That was the thing that really got me. The amount of times Geelong players were allowed to drop the ball in a tackle or simply place it on the ground was just inexplicable within the rules as they seem to be interpreted for every other team.

The brilliance is roundly acknowledged and appreciated, thus other fans find it frustrating when brilliance gets an armchair ride as well.

As a cat fan you are less likely to see it.

I sat on the couch as a neutral and thought it was my dislike of Geelong that was making me think they get a nice run from the umps, but it was just too obvious in the end.

No offence, but given the team you support i find it highly unlikely that you were "neutral" watching tonights game. And seriously, what are you suggesting exactly? That the umpires have all got together and decided to give Geelong an easy ride? Please! Do you know how bizarre and paranoid that sounds? Or how much it belittles the fact Geelong are winning games with such record breaking frequency? Geelong have made it to 9-0 with a serious injury list. That is a decent achievement, and deserves better than being put down to bad umpiring. I realise this is big footy, but come on man!

Undoubtedly Geelong get a decent run with the umpires the best players always do. This has been the way for years. Not just in AFL, look at Manchester United and Liverpool.

Steve Johnson is a stager, I'll give you that. Chapman is as well. Ablett gets a away with a lot, but is also subject to incredibly unfair tactics on occasion, i don't think he stages. Selwood is not stager, he just puts his head over the ball. If people knock it off, that is a free kick. Scarlett gets away with a lot, but that is part of his genius. Best defender of all time and all that.

I couldnt care less what people make of Geelong as long as they win. It won't cost them anything, it didn't cost them in the Grand Final, kicking did, they got an amazing run in the Grand Final.

Yeah, nah. Hard players don't turn into little princesses at every opportunity to flail the head backwards as if shot. Your team is full of these ********s and like last September will be exposed again:thumbsu:

Matthew Lloyd has never dived in his life.

Okay, your turn to talk out of your arse.

I have never seen so many people want to see a team so desperately fail. Bulldogs played an awesome game, pushed us right to the end, and possibly put on the best game of the year to date.

Yet all people want to do is invent reasons why we should have lost. Who's to say if just one of these 50/50s what we got went the Dogs way instead, that the player wouldn't have shanked it directly back to us, resulting in a rebound goal?

You're all just embarressing yourselves inventing these 'what if' scenarios, because when you think about it, they're absolutely ****ing pointless.

What you got last September is what you will receive again this year:thumbsu:

The great Essendon team of 99-01 only won the 1 flag and you'll do us proud and follow along the same tradition of not fulfilling your potential.

Look forward to it just like I look forward to next week.

Tell Selwood and co. to HTFU if you get the chance.

Cheers.

You seem pretty confident there buddy. You should go on down to your local TAB and pop some money on another team other than Geelong winning the flag this year. The return is bound to be excellent!

Re: Geelong - a month in the tackle...

The umps seem to be in awe of Geelong lately. They expect Geelong players to be good enough to get the ball away while being tackled so they give them the time to prove it. Time that other teams don't get.

For any other team...... prior opportunity + tackle = immediate whistle before the player even has time to try dispose of the ball.

For Geelong...... prior opportunity + tackle = ump waits to see whether Geelong player gets ball away before blowing the whistle.

All you opposition supporters are just sore losers because Geelong pumps all your teams.

Thats now 51 from 54. Read it and weep.

We are Geelong the Greatest team of all...

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Geelong supporters cringe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back