Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkzzz

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2007
Mt Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I realise a fierce rivalry is building between Hawks and Cats. I understand a lot of u have a certain amount of contempt for the Hawks. Personally, I admire the Cats and Thompson. I have had my angry moments with Thommo and his comments pre-Tassie game, where we just scraped over the line.

The Grand Final was amazing for Hawks supporters. But hey, you guys were massive winners in 07.

I firmly believe both sides will come out stronger next year.

It will be fascinating to see how Geelong approaches round 1. Likewise the Hawks. Surely the most anticipated game in a loooong time.

I am a touch sorry for how some Hawks supporters carry on - crap like we "own" the cats. At the same time, the Cats will feel a bit ripped off by the Hawks, so a unique rivalry is building. You guys are still a little ahead of us. If Hawkins steps up, you will be a handfull.

Back to the thread title. Do you hate us? If so why? You guys really carried on after the 07 win, that you can't deny. I hope we don't do the same. I don't visit bay 13 much but I'm sure it's coming thick and fast there.

Hate/respect/despise/? Or other. How do you guys feel right now.

I realise a fierce rivalry is building between Hawks and Cats. I understand a lot of u have a certain amount of contempt for the Hawks. Personally, I admire the Cats and Thompson. I have had my angry moments with Thommo and his comments pre-Tassie game, where we just scraped over the line.

The Grand Final was amazing for Hawks supporters. But hey, you guys were massive winners in 07.

I firmly believe both sides will come out stronger next year.

It will be fascinating to see how Geelong approaches round 1. Likewise the Hawks. Surely the most anticipated game in a loooong time.

I am a touch sorry for how some Hawks supporters carry on - crap like we "own" the cats. At the same time, the Cats will feel a bit ripped off by the Hawks, so a unique rivalry is building. You guys are still a little ahead of us. If Hawkins steps up, you will be a handfull.

Back to the thread title. Do you hate us? If so why? You guys really carried on after the 07 win, that you can't deny. I hope we don't do the same. I don't visit bay 13 much but I'm sure it's coming thick and fast there.

Hate/respect/despise/? Or other. How do you guys feel right now.

Of course a lot of us carried on; 44 years it took..........a lot of frustration gets let go then.....

I dont hate the Hawks, I have contempt for the trollers on BF who say that we're owned by the Hawks.....that just makes the greater population join in and say theyre knobs.....

Oh, plus I cant stand Franklin.....:D

I used to hate Hawthorn in the early 90's, but not anymore.

I respect the way they have rebuilt their club and list. Some of the players are knobs, but you get that with every club.

However I have to admit to a deep sense of disappointment at the way our season finished. Without wanting to sound arrogant or disrespectful, we are the best side over the last 2 seasons. For (some, not all) Hawk supporters to suggest they are better than Geelong based on the GF is fairly childish. :eek:

Now it's Hawthorn's turn to defend the flag. 21-1 is the new benchmark. ;)

Best of luck.

Bring on Rd 1.

Of course a lot of us carried on; 44 years it took..........a lot of frustration gets let go then.....

I dont hate the Hawks, I have contempt for the trollers on BF who say that we're owned by the Hawks.....that just makes the greater population join in and say theyre knobs.....

Oh, plus I cant stand Franklin....
.:D
Totally agree! I hated the Hawks way before the Grand Final because of their idiot supporters on Bay 13.

Really dislike Franklin as well, his arrogant strut pisses me off.

You guys really carried on after the 07 win, that you can't deny. I hope we don't do the same. I don't visit bay 13 much but I'm sure it's coming thick and fast there.

I will deny this. Give some examples of how we went over the top after 07? I thought that the majority were controlled and composed merely rejoicing after waiting 44 years for a premiership, but there appears to be a belief that we were cocky. This to me is more just a generalised comment with little substance by jealous opposing supporters.

Totally agree! I hated the Hawks way before the Grand Final because of their idiot supporters on Bay 13.

The arrogant strut is unfortunately a topic that got me into trouble with some people after bumping into him during a night out....since then.....he can get f**ked

I will deny this. Give some examples of how we went over the top after 07? I thought that the majority were controlled and composed merely rejoicing after waiting 44 years for a premiership, but there appears to be a belief that we were cocky. This to me is more just a generalised comment with little substance by jealous opposing supporters.
Agreed, it's absolute tripe.

I hate Hawthorn simply because they are so successful. They generally win Grand Finals, having won the last four they have contested, and if you go from 1976, they have gone win, win, win, loss, loss, win, loss, win, win, win, win. They also are the huge thorn in our club, that have knocked us over four times in finals since 1989.

It is probably jealousy on my part, but seeing Hawthorn win this year is a little like seeing James Packer win the powerball jackpot. They have it all, a young list, they bottomed out in the right year to get Buddy and Roughead (If they did so in 2003 they'd have had Silvia and McLean for heaven's sake!) and now they come from the clouds to deny us an exclamation mark on possibly the best two years of footy ever displayed. You have to give them credit for creating a successful side out of a team that three years ago was very raw, but again they succeed at our expense. I so hope we can find a way to overcome the Hawthorn hold they have over us in games that count, and since the Bruns elbow clash in 1985, Hawthorn have dominated us like no other side has in our history.

Oh, plus I cant stand Franklin.....:D

THANKYOU!!!!!

i thought i was the only one who hated buddy franklin!! can't stand him.

Anyway yer i kind of do hate the hawks at the moment but it is just because you beat us in the grandfinal! but i would have hated anyone that beat us. I also hate that chance bateman? you know the one with the dreadlocks. can't stand him either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those who say they HATE Buddy can not seriously say they would NOT be ecstatic if WE had him. Much as I would love to HATE the HAWKS, it is really LOSING to them that I HATE most. IMO, 2008 started sourly when NABLETT went awol, and his absence was the missing link on GF day. I know, he's gone for good, but it cuts me up so badly as he, in all likelihood, would have improved with another year, but his head was missing and wasn't meant to be. I HATE to say this , but I did fear what happened, even with 21/1. At least 2009 we know who to hunt and what we have to do, and if we get pipped by the HAWKS yet again, then I will HATE them eternally.

i don't know if i would want him to play with us :rolleyes:. We are a very unselfish team and will share goals around. So i don't think he would have as much impact with us. But i don't know, probably worng.

I also miss nathan!

i don't know if i would want him to play with us :rolleyes:. We are a very unselfish team and will share goals around. So i don't think he would have as much impact with us. But i don't know, probably worng.

I also miss nathan!

But that has been a majr source of frustration for the GFC supporters, the sharing is caring crap that went on at times was absolutely excruciating to watch......hopefully therell be some change to team rules where if you can take the shot, then bloody take it!!!!! Mooney, Hawkins and SJ...

I miss NAB too......:(

But that has been a majr source of frustration for the GFC supporters, the sharing is caring crap that went on at times was absolutely excruciating to watch......hopefully therell be some change to team rules where if you can take the shot, then bloody take it!!!!! Mooney, Hawkins and SJ...

I miss NAB too......:(

I was never to happy with the builders lack of want........

IF all of the BF Hawks board were to take all the BF Geelong board out for a drink and a bite to eat, I am sure that it would be a pretty good social activity.
C'mon cats fans, you know that we aren't all that bad.

pretty sure thats his natural walk

would you say to a disabled person to stop acting disabled because u just want attention lol

You guys really carried on after the 07 win, that you can't deny.

"Lies make baby Jesus cry"

Stop making up bullshit.That halfwit geelong_crazy26 might've carried on,but we all know that idiot clearly isn't playing with a full deck.

What about the crack whore Dawk supporters all though 2007 and 2008 carrying on like they done something in the last 15 years ? Then when we win the 2007 GF the Dawk trolls come up with excuses as to why every other club failed

Just be thankful for the word injunction.Without it your team would be more screwed than a Bali bomber.

Now piss off !!!!

I don't hate them, I admire the team and the coaching staff. (Kennett pisses me off though).

I hated the team of the 80's because they were so successfull but that is a different era and has nothing to do with the hawthorn of today no matter how much their supporters try and tell us otherwise.

I couldn't believe how much some hawk supporters hated being beaten by us in round 17. It's almost as if they must beat us in every game so as to keep this air of superiority over us, imagine if we would to beat them in a grand final, I reckon a few of them would be swinging from the rafters.

I think most Hawk supporters have been spoilt by success, I found many of them quite obnoxious after their grand final win and constant cries of handbaggers and chokers really made my blood boil. I would love to see them taste a grand final loss - I don't really care if it's us but I would prefer if it was because at least then they would STFU about this "ownership" bullshit.

On a side note I like Franklin and love watching him play but I would be worried if I baracked for the hawks because he is one selfish bastard around the goals and I think the hawks may have won more games in 2008 if he shared it around a bit rather than just spraying them everywhere.

Interested to see the main reason for hate seemed to be about Buddy. I think if you really look at him, he is just a fun loving kid that still needs more time to mature. Put yourself in his shoes. The first Aboriginal to achieve 100 goals.

And unlike other players, he is only on about 450k pa. He could easily held out for much much more - that must surely say something about who he is deep down. We are all arrogant to some extent - Franklin has to deal with rediculuos fan fare, media and day by day scrutinization. No idea how I could handle that....

All that said and done, I think there a touch of empathy I feel for you guys coz you lost to us when you were clearly the most dominant side. That is one of the anomalies in the system. So be it.

But.....I still desperately want to beat the cats again in a GF. That's cruel I know, but it's the nature of the beast. If we won 5 in a row against them:p (B/shit) then I may feel it's time to let you guys win one. But most likely not.....:eek:

Anyway, good luck for next year. You guys will be hoping for Egan to come back and for a big preseason and contribution form Tomma in 09.

PS: I think Buddy may not kick as many goals next year, but I reckon he will improve. His modest return from the GF will spur him on. He needs to get a bit more bulk and improve his positioning. Will be interesting to watch considering he had a pretty stuffed shoulder all year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back