Do you Hate Us? Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, didn't actually read the original post ... oops. Anyway, I still stand by the comments.

You answered a question that wasn't even asked.

He claimed after the loss that if they played again next week Geelong would win, and that he can't wait to beat the Hawks in '09. Smarmy and humble are not the same thing.

Show me evidence of this.

Granted, he's a second-rate full-back at best. What full-back wouldn't look good on a team like that?

Look, I couldn't give a flying you know what about BF pissing contests about who's got the best full-back. Scarlett won AA selection at full back in '03, before this team was great.

And as far as the salad roll was concerned, the point is that he wasn't even watching the game. We was prancing around the box chatting to all and sundry smiling and laughing; all while his team was raping some poor side. That's arrogance made flesh.

No, he was watching the game while eating.

Show me evidence of this.

From the Oxford dictionary as an example of "arrogance":
"We were red-hot favourites to win. Maybe if the game was played next week we would probably do it better and beat the Hawks, but on this day they've got the points and the premiership and they thoroughly deserve it," he [Thompson] said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/28/2376117.htm

I know what I saw. So do you. We all do.

Okay! After deep and meaningful thought I’ve now come to realise what it is about your club that I really truly hate. It’s those bloody dreadful colours. Now c’mon guys, you’d have to admit, they are s#@*house.:eek:

If you wore those colours off a footy ground you'd be shot on sight

"We were red-hot favourites to win. Maybe if the game was played next week we would probably do it better and beat the Hawks, but on this day they've got the points and the premiership and they thoroughly deserve it," he [Thompson] said.

http://news.theage.com.au/sport/wind...1119-6awz.html

Hawthorn captain Sam Mitchell says the window is wide open for the reigning AFL premiers to win more flags and he would not have returned if he was satisfied with just one.

Ahem! :rolleyes:

He claimed after the loss that if they played again next week Geelong would win, and that he can't wait to beat the Hawks in '09. Smarmy and humble are not the same thing.

Seems your comprehension skills aren't great.

Belief in the existence of an opportunity and dissatisfaction = arrogance?

"... next week we would probably do it better and beat the Hawks."

Even after getting found out on the biggest day on the footy calendar, he's still arrogant!!! He still reckons his team is better, even after getting beaten!?! I almost fell off my perch when I heard him say this.

(BTW, I know this is off topic, but they keep goading me as I try to leave it alone.)

Belief in the existence of an opportunity and dissatisfaction = arrogance?

"Maybe if the game was played next week we would probably do it better and beat the Hawks."

Even after getting found out on the biggest day on the footy calendar, he's still arrogant!!! He still reckons his team may be better, even after getting beaten!?! I almost fell off my perch when I heard him say this.

(BTW, I know this is off topic, but they keep goading me as I try to leave it alone.)
Edited for accuracy.

Seems your comprehension isn't great.
Edited for grammatical accuracy.

Maybe and probably isn't much to hang your hat on. If someone came up to you and said "maybe next week I'll probably root your girlfriend", would you think it's okay because he threw in probably and maybe?

It gives insight into his state of mind. That was my comprehension. A humble man would have said. "Hawthorn beat us fair and square. [full stop]"

this has to be the lamest troll I have seen in a long time. I was tempted to delete your post but I think a bit of ridicule is just what you need.:rolleyes:

I hate you for creating this thread as a constant reminder and for it always being at top of our board, (it was already at the top when i wrote this so im not a hypocrite)

We dont need this thread anymore, please Mods, delete or close

Time to move on............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this has to be the lamest troll I have seen in a long time. I was tempted to delete your post but I think a bit of ridicule is just what you need.:rolleyes:

It was not a troll, it was proof which was specifically asked for by one of your own. Delete it if the truth hurts, how can a referenced quote possibly be a troll? The only club board that gets trolled by their own coach.

(And as I keep saying, I would like to drop this, if you would all stop coming at me.)

Okay! After deep and meaningful thought I’ve now come to realise what it is about your club that I really truly hate. It’s those bloody dreadful colours. Now c’mon guys, you’d have to admit, they are s#@*house.:eek:

They are not s@$*house, they are unique... ;)
Thats why I like them anyway, its a football club, not a fashion icon.

I heard the footage was actually filmed before the game had even started. Any truth in that?

Typical Essendum supporter - thick as a brick :rolleyes:
Take your head out of your arse next time and read the thread before sticking your nose in.

LMAO. :D:thumbsu:

At least you dont have to live with the tools like I do. :rolleyes:

I hate you for creating this thread as a constant reminder and for it always being at top of our board, (it was already at the top when i wrote this so im not a hypocrite)

We dont need this thread anymore, please Mods, delete or close

Time to move on............

this I do agree with. The GF is over and it is time to look forward to next year. I am sure our coaches and team are doing just that. So should we, you can't change the past. If some tools think we are arrogant then let them. Winning sides always seem arrogant to others and despite the GF we are a winning team. Thread over!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back