Does Geelong have the worst midfield in the AFL?

Does geelong have the worst midfield in the AFL??

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted it for you, because you do have shown adoration for him over the journey. And look, a reply.

Things like score differential from clearance since round 16, that is fact and not coloured by some sort of ambiguous algorithm.
yeah but what about the vibe? does it have the skibidi rizz factor

I posted it for you, because you do have shown adoration for him over the journey. And look, a reply.

Things like score differential from clearance since round 16, that is fact and not coloured by some sort of ambiguous algorithm.

Means f all on game day. Richmond had “statistically” one of the worst midfields in the league in 2020. Idk what Hardwick did exactly I think he switched around the midfield mix in finals from the St Kilda game onwards and we beat the oppos midfields which were better on paper.

Means f all on game day. Richmond had “statistically” one of the worst midfields in the league in 2020. Idk what Hardwick did exactly I think he switched around the midfield mix in finals from the St Kilda game onwards and we beat the oppos midfields which were better on paper.

That’s the whole point one way or the other.

Whether it’s on paper or not, is our midfield the worst in the league?

Well on paper, just looking at names, it’s pretty un-glamorous.

On the eye-test, it was ok for the first third of the season, got put in its place for five weeks albeit still managed to generally compete (the Suns game aside) then had a couple more staggers against Carlton and the Dogs.

On paper statistically it’s passed the test to ‘not be the worst.’

I think the first of those three ‘tests’ is irrelevant anyway - not having big names doesn’t really matter as they’re just names on a team sheet.

On the other two tests where people actually establish if players are doing their job, we’ve clearly shown we aren’t the worst.

The Cats making the prelim and winning by 88888 points and such an even ladder this year confirms to me this season no one was simply any good, and it was just a horrid year.
Swans were superb early but petrol is low

The Cats making the prelim and winning by 88888 points and such an even ladder this year confirms to me this season no one was simply any good, and it was just a horrid year.
Swans were superb early but petrol is low

That sounds like something someone would say when their team didn't make the historically hardest Finals to make in VFL/AFL history.
Whoever wins this season will be a truly mighty effort with how close the competition is.

Parity and equalisation is working. Big 4 Vic Clubs can't just buy their way to a Premiership anymore.

We were running with Parfitt, Bruhn and Atkins as starting mids for parts of this season. That is by far the worst in the league.

The coach got Dangerfield back from injury, moved Stewart to the sweeper role in the midfield (we were leaking goals on the spread, though didnt play last night) and has pushed Mannagh high who has had a huge impact. Hinckley was totally outcoached with a far more talented midfield at his disposal.

He has replaced Stewart's kicking and drive from defensive with Humphries with Stewart floating I kick behind play when needed. Some really good coaching to get the most out of the list to hide the deficiency in the midfield.

You can see the way Scott has hidden list deficiencies in the past and they look pretty obvious in retrospect.

This time though, I was looking at the assignment and thought there's no way to hide a bad midfield. If you have a bad midfield, you have a bad team.

I'm shocked and want to tell all my mates about it but no one wants to catch up and talk footy at the moment?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Geelong have the worst midfield in the AFL?

Back