Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

The conditions were horrific but Knevitt was really disappointing last night.

I’m really excited with some of the kids coming through. Knevitt is the one I’m worried about though. Just seems to be very reactive and gets lost out there.

Compare that to the likes of Humphries / Clark / Bruhn or even Clohesy …… they have a bit more composure or polish. Clohesy more a grunt type player but at least it’s a point of difference. Not sure what Knevitt has other than a few extra cm in height. Find some harder attack on the footy - or be more influential in the air with his supposed marking skills. If neither of those then I’m not sure what he brings.

List clogger as of now though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m really excited with some of the kids coming through. Knevitt is the one I’m worried about though. Just seems to be very reactive and gets lost out there.

Compare that to the likes of Humphries / Clark / Bruhn or even Clohesy …… they have a bit more composure or polish. Clohesy more a grunt type player but at least it’s a point of difference. Not sure what Knevitt has other than a few extra cm in height. Find some harder attack on the footy - or be more influential in the air with his supposed marking skills. If neither of those then I’m not sure what he brings.

Yep. 100 percent agree after watching last night.

Ok

I don’t tend to react strongly either way to just one game, but I understand that others can.

I think we are the same team we were before yesterday, and the dogs are the same flaky team they were before yesterday.

We played badly and they played well, but the conditions were bizarre and not good for our style.

The game has had no impact on my opinion of either team.
I agree. 4 points could matter of course in the scheme of where we attack the finals from so that was disappointing. And we have no real room for another real bad one.

But I think our game is better suited now to mcg and dry conditions so as long as we qualify in the right spot I am not writing us off yet

Biggest loss at home since Rd 3 2006. Hawks beat us by 52 pts.

There’s a few worrying signs - but you could say the same about a few of the so called challengers this year.

We’re a bit thin in our best 22 once you get past about player 15-16 I reckon. That’s the difference against better sides and we’re getting exposed. The ruck situation needs to be fixed. We don’t need Max Gawn but we need to invest a list spot into a Conway back up and Stanley replacement. Just find a journeyman …. It’s one list spot FFS.

Well I guess we can look forward to more failure like the tough years after 2006 then ❤️

Even last night Humphries is showing so much promise and they will all be better for finals exposure to get them motivated for a massive pre season in the gym

Humphries deserves all the hype on this board he’s going to be special
I'm buying Ted stock too.

He'll never be an Ablett/Daicos skill wise, but geez the kid gives an effort.

I know that sounds lame, in the sense that every player should be giving effort, but there's varying degrees.

He's just got that reckless abandon that will propel him to being a senior footballer almost singlehandedly.

Biggest positive was Clohesy’s game. I wouldn’t mind keeping him in for a full game next week and giving Clark another game in the 2s.

Bruhn, Neale and hopefully Atkins back and we look much better.
Clohesy, 6 disposals, 3 tackles after the heat had gone out of the game. Ok, but if that's the biggest positive then the rest of the team must have been crap.

Despite the doomsayers I think Knevvit will come good in time. Just not this year.
I don't think we really know how to use him yet but there's enough ingredients that you can turn him into a player.

194cm
Great contested mark
Runs all day
Good by foot
Was damaging by hand at junior level

But slow to accelerate with a wide turning circle

You could make him a Gaff type winger, he might be a good key defender with a bit of size, some strength work and he could chase stoppages, maybe a key forward even.

If you can't cook a footballer up with those ingredients then get out of the kitchen

I'm buying Ted stock too.

He'll never be an Ablett/Daicos skill wise, but geez the kid gives an effort.

I know that sounds lame, in the sense that every player should be giving effort, but there's varying degrees.

He's just got that reckless abandon that will propel him to being a senior footballer almost singlehandedly.
There was one kick he bit off from half back to wing and I thought it was a level above what I expected from him.

Admit I haven't been glued to the VFL

The conditions were horrific but Knevitt was really disappointing last night.
Not as disappointing as Jezza OH OllieD Miers and even TS.
All players bar OllieD that have years and games under their belts.
So he was inline behind a few rippers there.

Yeah well said.

I just thought for a player trying to break into the seniors he would offer more.
Extremely disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the doomsayers I think Knevvit will come good in time. Just not this year.
Would like to see him on a dry track too.

His main asset is his marking. Not only was that harder to do last night, but we hardly used an entire side of the ground due to the mudpool.

Think he suffers a bit too that we don't seem to ever have both our wingman play well in the one game. It's one or the other, and Dempsey's been brilliant in just about every game.

Even back to 2022, in the back end of the year Holmes was super (#1 ranked wingman in the comp) and Smith was hardly stringing together two good games in a row, including two poor finals by his high standards.

Grand Final day comes, Max is out, and Smith is best on ground. It's just something about the way we play, and maybe the competition as a whole, that only one wingman will get the stats and the glory on any given weekend.

Last night was the first time I've really watched him. And I'm not seeing what others are seeing.

What's his strength? It's certainly not pace off the mark or endeavour to chase. He was just looking for others to chase and then he just backed off when they did.

Last night was the first time I've really watched him. And I'm not seeing what others are seeing.

What's his strength? It's certainly not pace off the mark or endeavour to chase. He was just looking for others to chase and then he just backed off when they did.
Knevitt has largely been tentative, hesitant and a deer in the headlights at AFL level.

In the VFL he goes well.

Who knows if he will make the step up. He hasn't played in the seniors much. To me it looks like he currently lacks the belief that he belongs.

Much bigger concerns last night of course were our stars and fairly experienced mid rangers (Miers et al) being terrible.

Book the Doggies in for a Prelim.
Haven't seen us get a lesson like that at home in decades.
They have a great spine with 3 really nice Talls and 2 Smalls in the front arc.
Bont Libba AT Richards English in the guts.
Now with Lobb & Jones(who was missing) as their 2 big backs.
They are better than most pundits think.
As for our boys.
We are about where we should be.
A 5th - 8th side. Had us 7/8 prior the first game.
Not bad for a side transitioning.
I like we have got here with adding/more games into the likes of.
Tanner Bruhn, The Good Ollie, Clark, Humphries, Conway, Mannagh, Mullin, Neale even Knevitt & Ted of late.
Which will hold us in good stead going forward.
We have a decent run to finish off the year.
With wins over Roos Crows Eagles should see us end up playing a finals game.
Anyways don't drop ya heads fellas as we got beaten by a better outfit last night.
Cheers!

Knevitt has largely been tentative, hesitant and a deer in the headlights at AFL level.

In the VFL he goes well.

Who knows if he will make the step up. He hasn't played in the seniors much. To me it looks like he currently lacks the belief that he belongs.

Much bigger concerns last night of course were our stars and fairly experienced mid rangers (Miers et al) being terrible.
Oh last night was terrible full stop. Even if we'd won it would have been terrible to watch.
Who was the idiot who let the VFL play beforehand?

Clohesy, 6 disposals, 3 tackles after the heat had gone out of the game. Ok, but if that's the biggest positive then the rest of the team must have been crap.
Haha-well, plenty of them had a below par night. A few tried hard all night and helped keep us in it longer than we deserved. ( and their poor kicking).

Book the Doggies in for a Prelim.
Haven't seen us get a lesson like that at home in decades.
They have a great spine with 3 really nice Talls and 2 Smalls in the front arc.
Bont Libba AT Richards English in the guts.
Now with Lobb & Jones(who was missing) as their 2 big backs.
They are better than most pundits think.
As for our boys.
We are about where we should be.
A 5th - 8th side. Had us 7/8 prior the first game.
Not bad for a side transitioning.
I like we have got here with adding/more games into the likes of.
Tanner Bruhn, The Good Ollie, Clark, Humphries, Conway, Mannagh, Mullin, Neale even Knevitt & Ted of late.
Which will hold us in good stead going forward.
We have a decent run to finish off the year.
With wins over Roos Crows Eagles should see us end up playing a finals game.
Anyways don't drop ya heads fellas as we got beaten by a better outfit last night.
Cheers!
Absolutely, comes back to perspective.

I was the same in the pre-season. Even if we were going to miss finals, if we'd gotten games into the kids then I would've been fine with that.

We've done that, and look like we'll make the 8 too...so it's hard to be disappointed.

Worst case scenario would have been ignoring Dempsey, Conway, Neale, Clark, Bruhn, Humphries, etc and finishing in a similar spot, but with no development. That's when it becomes a wasted year.

I know there's a few on here who expect a flag every year, or think complacency has set in if haven't done so....but we just don't have the cattle at the peak of their powers right now, and it doesn't take a football guru to see that.

Some shrewd trades & drafting could push our window forward, likewise some poor list management could push us back...but I still believe we'll be coming good as a legitimate premiership contender around '26 or '27.

Oh last night was terrible full stop. Even if we'd won it would have been terrible to watch.
Who was the idiot who let the VFL play beforehand?
Heard a rumour that the new stadium roof is discharged into the grounds drainage so when it rains heavy the water can't get away quick enough from the playing surface. Either way the VFL should have played Sunday or elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back