Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok

I don’t tend to react strongly either way to just one game, but I understand that others can.

I think we are the same team we were before yesterday, and the dogs are the same flaky team they were before yesterday.

We played badly and they played well, but the conditions were bizarre and not good for our style.

The game has had no impact on my opinion of either team.
Surely you must believe the Dogs have an enviable structure with English, Darcy, Lobb, Buku, JUH, Naughton, (Jones), Bont, Liber, Treloar, Richards, Duryea- all in great form; their talls handled our bog superbly. That is the sad truth. Whatever your opinion is of the Dogs, no team has belted us and humbled us at Geelong like that for a long time
Heard a rumour that the new stadium roof is discharged into the grounds drainage so when it rains heavy the water can't get away quick enough from the playing surface. Either way the VFL should have played Sunday or elsewhere
Hard to accept the relevance of that watching the Dogs handle the conditions so well.

The theory of the Cats being an old side doesn’t hold true anymore. I’m so tired of lazy commentators.

We had 6 of our 22 players 21 or younger (and Neale (21) was a late withdrawal).

The dogs had 3 players 21 or younger.

The result, we were beaten up in a wet slog by more mature bodies.

Our fleet footed young team works well in dry weather but isn’t so good in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yet they are 9th on the ladder. Makeyouthink eh?
Irrelevant until rd 23, but form, potency, and quality of list is not irrelevant. If they beat Swans next week, possible, then watch them rise.
Lions are now second, and staying there or third, imho- not many thought that 5 weeks ago.
% also a key factor, and Doggies are third there.

Last edited:

The theory of the Cats being an old side doesn’t hold true anymore. I’m so tired of lazy commentators.

We had 6 of our 22 players 21 or younger (and Neale (21) was a late withdrawal).

The dogs had 3 players 21 or younger.

The result, we were beaten up in a wet slog by more mature bodies.

Our fleet footed young team works well in dry weather but isn’t so good in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We still fielded the second oldest side of the round. Dogs had more players under 50 games, 100 games, and 150 games.

Irrelevant until rd 23, but form, potency, and quality of list is not irrelevant. If they beat Swans next week, possible, then watch them rise.
Lions are now second, and staying there or third, imho- not many thought that 5 weeks ago.
% also a key factor, and Doggies are third there.
Be a surprise if the beat the swans up there, and they don’t really have an easy run home. No guarantee they make the 8 yet. If they do, they are right in it. I reckon they are top 4, but not there yet. They are certainly a far more complete team than they have been for awhile and great to watch.

Don’t know that we will be managing anybody against North next week. They are playing too well for us to muck around in Hobart
Anybody thinking this is must win?
It might be for ladder positions, but NM in Tassie would likely be favourites- great form recently, and many strengths in areas we are weak.

Surely you must believe the Dogs have an enviable structure with English, Darcy, Lobb, Buku, JUH, Naughton, (Jones), Bont, Liber, Treloar, Richards, Duryea- all in great form; their talls handled our bog superbly. That is the sad truth. Whatever your opinion is of the Dogs, no team has belted us and humbled us at Geelong like that for a long time

Hard to accept the relevance of that watching the Dogs handle the conditions so well.
Exactly right. Some NFL games are played in snow. Just get on with it.

They have an enviable structure.

But they are as flaky as a croissant.

They are the ultimate example of coaching being important. Bevo is their biggest weakness, and it will be a fatal flaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody thinking this is must win?
It might be for ladder positions, but NM in Tassie would likely be favourites- great form recently, and many strengths in areas we are weak.
Why do you always have to take it one step too far?

It's a massive danger game, and if we're not switched on and go down there thinking we can just walk off the plane and win, then North will beat us.

....but we'll be favourites - rightfully so - and if we go down there and treat the game with respect we'll win, and win well.

They are the ultimate example of coaching being important. Bevo is their biggest weakness, and it will be a fatal flaw.
Already won an impossible flag, they look okay to me under his care. Fatal as in no flag, or no finals?

Why do you always have to take it one step too far?

It's a massive danger game, and if we're not switched on and go down there thinking we can just walk off the plane and win, then North will beat us.

....but we'll be favourites, rightfully so, and if we go down there and treat the game with respect we'll win, and win well.
Told you why, it's my role here.
Enough fans here talk us up week after week; I look (objectively )at our opponent and tell you why they could or should win, and then request how we deal with them.
In the case of yesterday, all I got was if we're serious, we'll smash 'em...
Next week, Clarko and NM will rightfully believe we are very gettable over there.
True, them being favourites is not on with the bookies, but that means zilch to me this season. Any team can beat any team any week

Last edited:
Good post. And I think there is an imminent line through (or in the Doggies case threw) a few of our gems. I can't see Hawk unless as said previously plonk him in the goal square vs WCE and do Pagan's Paddock. Tououuohy done. Duncan?

You get the point and most of us know the point. But clearly we need some in and unders and a good bloody ruck who can get on the park.

And I do wonder sometimes how long CS has to go? Maybe we have a Kingy as the next coach?
You'd have to be inside the club to know, but my guess would be our trajectory with Scott is similar to Sydney's with Longmire.

Both coaches have a monopoly on the job, and have probably earned the right to coach as long as they see fit, and will be grooming assistants to take over when the time comes.

Whether that's Rahilly, King, Kelly, or Cox for Sydney - we don't really know - but it would make some sense, as both clubs are the envy of the league in their ability to keep the organisation stable, and I expect they'll both want that formula to continue.

On the list management stuff, that will come in a few months time.

We'll be saying goodbye to a few champs, delisting some other solid soldiers, and from there on our trade period will tell us where we sit.

Whether it's Smith, Nash, both, someone else entirely, or nobody and we just go to the draft, I'm happy with where sit, and I'll back Wells, Mackie, & Scott to find the players that we lack at this point in time.

Winning at KP was a big incentive for them given their dismal record here
Obviously a big build up, whereas a lot of our guys were just phoning it in.
Interesting to see how they perform against the Swans next week. Big job for Bevo to get them up for that gig.

No flag.

2016 was a long time ago, he has been proven to be tactically highly suspect since then.
No flag is a tough call. Only one team can do it, and top 4 seems important. They are not top 8 yet

Winning at KP was a big incentive for them given their dismal record here
Obviously a big build up, whereas a lot of our guys were just phoning it in.
Interesting to see how they perform against the Swans next week. Big job for Bevo to get them up for that gig.
Big chance I think.
Papley is a significant out for Swans, and they're clearly beatable, if only just.

We would need to have some miracle turnaround to occur for us to make a GF this year.

There have been too many games where sides have just run all over us for any single one to be considered an aberration. It's not just a few things to tweak; there are some very fundamental and profound areas of weakness all around, and it's looking unlikely we have the personnel to fix them this season.

It could totally happen as the league is crap. Whoever is in form for 3 weeks will win it.

Because the dogs have a totally different structure in their 22 and its obvious why ours is not setup to handle a mud pit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Doggies Woof all over Cats by 47 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back