Review Dogs 61 def Roos 47 - Cammo78 #lolnorf edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Dahl was injured at one point. Was walking while the ball was near him in North's hands. Will definitely need 1-2 more games to get his edge back.

Don't think he was injured mate, sorry should have made that clear. Maybe just a little sore or a little way off being fully match fit - came back in pretty quickly after injury after all. Could be a bit of management there too. We didn't hesitate to throw him in the middle more when Clay went off so that hints more at planned management than any sort of carried injury to me.

Fair enough

It doesn't lower my concern for our medical staff they have made some bad calls in the last year.

Just saw Ben Brown and Firrito on the news RE: the targetting of bontempelli and Ben Brown said "We usually pick one target from the opposition to go after each week"

My question is why? Why not just play football instead of going after an opposition player?

Just the wrong attitude for sport in 2016 entirely.

I would suggest not sooking about it. Their plan failed, and many other teams do this each week.

It's part of footy and Bontempelli is a big boy now.

Just saw Ben Brown and Firrito on the news RE: the targetting of bontempelli and Ben Brown said "We usually pick one target from the opposition to go after each week"

My question is why? Why not just play football instead of going after an opposition player?

Culture. You know, that valiant shinboner spirit shit they pedal

Anyone else think Dal looked lame last night? Great effort as usual, but just looked like he couldn't get out of first gear.

I was sitting by the players and the trainers spent heaps of time late in the first quarter working on the backs of his thighs. I thought he might be gone for the night. Not 100%.

Hadn't noticed that - sounds like BS if he needed to point it out. Wonder who they will target v Hawthorn :rolleyes: Just dumb and cowardly enough to think they could do it successfully to a 20yo in a young team.

I would suggest not sooking about it. Their plan failed, and many other teams do this each week.

Not exactly sooking not to let cowardice and attempted bullying slide. Good on the Bont for handling it so well though.

It was pretty noticeable that Dahl was very short of a gallop last night. You can't expect a guy that plays with his manicness, hunger and intensity around the ball to slip straight into gear and pick up where they left off as it must be an incredibly taxing way to play the game. Its something that only super rare talents like Libba can do.

He'll be flying again as we hit the finals.

It's for the same reason that they have their rediculous obsession with the Bont over on their board. They're still shitty about his comments about something that I don't even recall that they preceded to blow it out of all proportion in a typically the norfs way and thought this was their chance to square up. Unfortunately for them the came off looking like Wile E Coyote to the bonts roadrunner!

Beep! Beep!

Edit: DR below prompted my memory that it was Lindsay Thomas' antics that drew a comment from the Bont. Talk about choosing your battles...ffs going to bat for that perennial cheat and then carry on like spoilt children. I guess thats what shinboner spirit horseshit is all about then.

Last edited:
Hadn't noticed that - sounds like BS if he needed to point it out. Wonder who they will target v Hawthorn :rolleyes: Just dumb and cowardly enough to think they could do it successfully to a 20yo in a young team.

Can't believe I just found out Firrito's nickname is Spud. Has there ever been a more fitting nickname?

"Duh...Let's go out and rough up a 20-year-old superstar and fire him up for calling out our sniping little diving mate over an incident four months ago...duh".

Hilarious.

Definitely not sooking about it but I disagree. It isn't part of football anymore.

No other team tasks their no-talent plugs to go after the stars of the opposition team with the regularity of North Melbourne. You go through a list of the most chippy games this season full of over-officiation and they tend to have north as one of the sides.

In the NHL, a sport which I follow religiously, you can match goons, fight the other goon and punch his lights out for the small punishment of a 5 minute penalty. In AFL, there is no way to protect yourself from this sort of goon-treatment without getting suspended. The result is a flog like Firrito going after stars of the competition with reckless abandon and never suffering any consequences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought it cost them the game. They were to preoccupied and never had their minds on the game and failed to recover and switch on. It was poor coaching. This kind of thing worked for Brisbane but Nth are a completely different unit.

on the mark Bont took for his goal, Scott Thompson's shithouse attempt at a spoil just typifies how annoying he is as an afl player. He's built a career on making the game less aesthetically pleasing often at the expense of his opponents wellbeing. Loves a snipe, a late hit or to flop all over his opponents legs when the mark it- very dangerous. Can't stand that guy

Not exactly sooking not to let cowardice and attempted bullying slide. Good on the Bont for handling it so well though.

"Bullying" - it's football mate. It is and always will be a big part of it.

It was way worse 15 years ago. Instead of "bullying" they would straight up knock your head off and snipe.

Definitely not sooking about it but I disagree. It isn't part of football anymore.

No other team tasks their no-talent plugs to go after the stars of the opposition team with the regularity of North Melbourne. You go through a list of the most chippy games this season full of over-officiation and they tend to have north as one of the sides.

In the NHL, a sport which I follow religiously, you can match goons, fight the other goon and punch his lights out for the small punishment of a 5 minute penalty. In AFL, there is no way to protect yourself from this sort of goon-treatment without getting suspended. The result is a flog like Firrito going after stars of the competition with reckless abandon and never suffering any consequences.

Haha, so if North did the same to Danger do you think we would be complaining?

I personally found it funny to see them go for Bont and for him to literally give no ****s. It's also a credit to him as a player that they targetted him.

The game of football is very soft now compared to what it used to be. Let's not get all riled up because some guys tried to rough up our precious Bont. We won the game, time to move on.

"Bullying" - it's football mate. It is and always will be a big part of it.

It was way worse 15 years ago. Instead of "bullying" they would straight up knock your head off and snipe.
But in the old days one of yours could just line one of theirs up behind play. Can't get away with that shit nowadays.

I didn't mind them targeting our players at all. Great to see kids like Dunkley and Cordy getting stuck in and flying the flag. Dunkley looks about 16 when you see him up close.

Store it in the memory banks and rub their faces in their own shit next year.

Note to Brad Scott: better to get your players chippy & lippy for a home game not an away fixture. Otherwise you may be hoist by your own petard.

Haha, so if North did the same to Danger do you think we would be complaining?

I personally found it funny to see them go for Bont and for him to literally give no ****s. It's also a credit to him as a player that they targetted him.

The game of football is very soft now compared to what it used to be. Let's not get all riled up because some guys tried to rough up our precious Bont. We won the game, time to move on.
I wouldn't be complaining but I would completely understand if the Cats fans got salty and wanted to send a goon after Wells.

North have been prepared to initiate and flop with legs like gumby when the opposition retaliate for far too long. I would take a reasonable amount of pleasure in a guy properly going back at them and cleaning one of their clocks.

It's the hockey fan in me but it would end all that rubbish once and for all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 61 def Roos 47 - Cammo78 #lolnorf edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back