Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't been a fan of Biggsy in both the AFL and VFL games that he's played this year but he played a fantastic. Mopped up well, coped with good Saints forward pressure, and made the right decisions by playing within his limitations. Played a, dare I say it, Matty Boydesqe role - the curse was broken because we had a similar playing playing an equally effective game!

Haven't been a fan of Biggsy in both the AFL and VFL games that he's played this year but he played a fantastic. Mopped up well, coped with good Saints forward pressure, and made the right decisions by playing within his limitations. Played a, dare I say it, Matty Boydesqe role - the curse was broken because we had a similar playing playing an equally effective game!
Glad to see you're coming around on the decision not to play Boyd mate ;)

Workmanlike win - with lots of poor disposal, not just shots at goal, but missed targets going forward. Need to address that across the board.

Oh, and wish we had good young players like Billings and McCartin, and a gun recruit like Carlisle. Those 3 were unstoppable today....

Which ones were they again?

Consider this

Adams- pick mid 30s
Dale- mid 30s
Caleb- mid 40s
Hunter- high 40S
Williams- high 30s
Jong- mid 40s

All did a lot better than the first rounders of the Saints- Billings, Gresham, McCartin, Acres, Longer, Sinclair etc...

Glad to see you're coming around on the decision not to play Boyd mate ;)
Was never fully serious about the curse - a bit of it was me stirring people up!

Surprised Macrae isn't getting a bit more praise. He was absolutely fantastic today around the stoppages. Won so much of it in tight and his composure to side step and clear the ball out of the congestion or link up in the middle was great. Not eye popping numbers but really filled in for Libba today well and was one of our best
Mate, McRae is the quite achiever, Nobody notices he is playing, but he is the reason we often win. today was another example. the most underrated player in the league. totally agree with you!

Consider this

Adams- pick mid 30s
Dale- mid 30s
Caleb- mid 40s
Hunter- high 40S
Williams- high 30s
Jong- mid 40s

All did a lot better than the first rounders of the Saints- Billings, Gresham, McCartin, Acres, Longer, Sinclair etc...
Sinclair is really average.

Acres has the the physical attributes but isn't smart.

Billings is a seagull who plays well against soft teams.

Saints drafted a below average size KPP lead up forward with the #1 pick.

Longer is literally scared to dispose of the footy.

Lot of similarities between today and how we played in the 2016 H&A season in my opinion - didn't execute that well but weathered the storm brilliantly defensively until we found our game. Complete with fourth quarter lapse when we got a good lead! There were obvious pros and cons from today's game, but overall, a positive step forward.

As for changes post-bye...

Out: English (omit.), Murphy (inj.), Jong (only if injured)
In: Cloke, McLean, Webb (misses if Jong is ok)

Although I do wonder if Roberts is a good option for the Swans.

How good is it to have the Package back. Was amazing and unlucky to not have another 3 goals to his names as we burnt some serious chances in the last.
Was worried he would struggle as his knee was heavily taped but i felt that was the best his moved all season.

Dale was also impressive. The young fella even used his hips to wiggle out of a tackle and set up a goal. Has some serious good ball use.
Caleb was back to his best as well and did lol at him smothering Carlisle.
Wallis continues to look good and glad English got a run but we will need a bigger body against the swans.

Also Adams and Wood were very good.
Hopefully Murphy isn't out for long but he was off the boil today. Caught a few times and used the ball poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, or was there absolutely **** all St. Kilda supporters at the game today?

34,000 crowd and at least 26-27,000 were Bulldogs I reckon. Was like a game vs Brisbane or Sydney.

100% agree. Think we got pass for attendance(just), but the saints get a fail even though it was an away game for them. Very poor showing.

Great to see them beat the Saints. Showed a bit more skills and Stringer was wonderful. When he is up and about, you know we play well. Very happy.

Honest question

Just wondering if some handball to kick ratios bothered you today as they did with Libba ?
Yes. I made a post about it in the game-day thread about Jong specifically, which is what you're insinuating.

Pretty sure you said you were going to block me - that clearly isn't the case!

He almost pulled off a replica efforts - i think in the 3rd quarter - unfortunatly didn't result in a goal though
True, the constant pressure after he fell down. Amazing

Also laughable at people whining about Bev & MC regarding the selections - They said a massive **** you to the doubters

True, the constant pressure after he fell down. Amazing

Also laughable at people whining about Bev & MC regarding the selections - They said a massive **** you to the doubters
English one is still dubious, but we got the result and blooded him for a game - only a positive.

He probably won't play vs Sydney, but wouldn't surprise me if Bevo sticks with him if he likes that structure. Redpath and Cloke didn't have 'great' games in VFL even though we had a massive win.

Last edited:
Still can't believe how good Wallis has been coming back from that injury. Need to get him and Lib firing on all cylinders come September.

Mate, McRae is the quite achiever, Nobody notices he is playing, but he is the reason we often win. today was another example. the most underrated player in the league. totally agree with you!
Have to slightly disagree, I think Dale 'Don't Ever Retire' Morris is the most underrated by a far margin. Macrae no doubt underrated by the opposition though.

Yes. I made a post about it in the game-day thread about Jong specifically, which is what you're insinuating.

Pretty sure you said you were going to block me - that clearly isn't the case!

Didn't see game day thread I was simply asking a question

I haven't previously been a fan of Stringer at full forward as the main focal point as I've always felt he plays better when he has that partner to work off but it worked well today and I enjoyed it. I think in the past he'd stay deep forward and we'd bomb long, high balls on his head and he'd be stuck in a wrestle which isn't his strength, but today he got on his bike and found a lot of space with good leads and reaped the rewards. Question still has to be asked if the forward line would function better with another key forward down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back