Game Day Dogs v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 goals f’ing 13 behinds…… should be at least 8 goals in front. Love the pressure and the tackling, love the defence by Jones, Ed, Baz, Doc and Gardy but we have to take our opportunities in front of goal. Especially the set shots from right in front. No excuses for those misses. Some of the shots have been really tough but quite a few were straight forward shots.

I don't think I've seen a worse umpiring performance.

It has been horrible.

What even is holding the ball any more?

In regards to the game, we've shot ourselves in the foot yet again with the shithouse kicking.

We have kept them in it and we're going to have to fight our way out of Adelaide's run on in the second half.

Calm down, other end has been the scoring end so far. If they maintain the elite pressure intensity they will win

A few of the shots in the first were difficult so you could forgive the misses, but some there were as easy as it gets.

Doesn’t help when the umpires miss 2 obvious frees right in front of goal.

Playing so well though - hopefully we can put them away in the third with the breeze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Controlling the game, but per usual we seldom seem to turn around the ground dominance into scoreboard dominance. Understandably the conditions are not great. But our set shots 30m out directly in front has to be one of the more frustrating things to watch, as we keep missing them. Libba, and someone else with those set shots, and then Bonts rushed kick in play from the same spot. Should be on 60 points at least. Means they are still in the game.

As long as we keep controlling the play, the scoreboard will take care of itself. We cannot play much better than we have, aside from being a little cleaner.

Frustrating as all ****, the Bailey Williams into their shit goal one very costly. Again this is Ballarat footy but, read any game day thread from the past few years and it’s the same shit every time so not sure why we expect any different.

We are dominating this game, will probably be a shitty 30 point margin all things said and done we’re not losing this lmao so just relax.

Missed two sitters, hit the post 3 times and maybe kicked 1 out of about 12 50/50s. They will swing back as they do and we’ll hopefully trouble the scoreboard a bit more in the 2nd half.

Cruisey day out so far in what everyone thought was a massive danger game, very impressed with our continuous improvement in 99% of the game. The goals will come, connection inside 50 always going to be difficult today.

Keen to hear from anyone at the ground what the conditions are like, wind looks difficult and swirly rather than favouring an end

Surely we are due some change in luck.

Endeavour, system, effort all there. Well done lads. However we just never seem to get the cheap goals to enable us to hit cruise control.

Liam Jones gotta be in the mix for AA selection after a year out from AFL footy

Agree mate but given our last month it seems unrealistic that we can maintain that pressure, we’ll have a lapse at some stage.

As frustrating as the 2nd qtr was and for the cheapies that the Crows got im not concerned at this stage. English is running their ruck ragged and he’s struggling

Oskar Baker was a freebie and he's not even 25 yet. Really good pick up for nothing
Mmm I’ve eaten my words on him great pick up, but I hope we move past him. He’s 20-25 on the list at best and that’s fantastic for free, but he’s pretty costly at times. To get where we need to get too I’d love him to be good dependable depth but not a walk up start, for example if we brought in Bergman this year that’s what he would become - which would be great

Oskar Baker was a freebie and he's not even 25 yet. Really good pick up for nothing

Does all the little things you want from your winger, runs really hard both ways. His foot skills and lack of composure still lets him down a little too often but its still very early in his career. When he cleans that up, and with Bailey Williams really finding his feet on the other wing, we're looking well set.

Umpire was right there and saw the trip and calls play on….. that’s about as clear a trip as you could ever see gezzz

When Port did that a few weeks ago to Naughts that umpire on Twitter said if initial contact is above knees and then slides down it’s play on. I call bullshit but there it is apparently. Except when it is paid other times🤷‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back