Autopsy Dogs V Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else a little bit frustrated with how often Libba handballs to a bloke under more pressure than he is rather that just kicking himself?

3 kicks and 19 handballs suggests that to me, and you can't tell me that of the 22 times he disposed of the ball, only 3 times out of those 22 that the right decision was to kick as opposed to handball..

I get that Libba has always been a handball happy player, and that he's playing differently to what he did under McCartney, but last year he kicked twice for every three handballs. This year he's closer to kicking once for every three handballs.

Dal is capable of putting the ball in front of a leading forward accurately with a dinky 30 pass when running at full speed, but when he goes for distance, it seems random - maybe he is putting it to the hot spot where he is supposed to, but there is no point doing that if we arent in a position to contest it.

Boyd has been done and dusted and cooked before, and I think again, rumours of his demise will prove premature. He has to nurse himself through to the finals, and he is still getting to all the right spots and contesting the ball well when he gets there. He will drop a couple of clangers a game, but so what? Murph is the same. The +ves >>> -ves with those two.
Dal wasn't close to putting it in front of someone, man. It was trash delivery. Genuinely trash. Even his 30m dinky passes as you've aptly named them aren't much good. They always have too much air. It wasn't that he was going for a hotspot, he was just bombing it as hard and high as he could in a panic. He's not a good kick at all, but we were all aware of that. My suggestion would be for Bev to do exactly what he's done with Jong and subtly mention that he should look to handball before kicking every time into 50. Rance was having a field day with it.

This is different though. Maybe he's injured or sore, I don't know. He wasn't right though. Murph had a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers, but Moyd was bad. Plain and simple.

Anyone else a little bit frustrated with how often Libba handballs to a bloke under more pressure than he is rather that just kicking himself?

3 kicks and 19 handballs suggests that to me, and you can't tell me that of the 22 times he disposed of the ball, only 3 times out of those 22 that the right decision was to kick as opposed to handball..

I get that Libba has always been a handball happy player, and that he's playing differently to what he did under McCartney, but last year he kicked twice for every three handballs. This year he's closer to kicking once for every three handballs.

Lol my god you didn't just say this??????

But another player can do this EVERY week and it's excused as development

Just gotta keep shaking my head and looking at champion data to help me de ode who played well.

Lol my god you.didn't just say this??????

But another player can do this EVERY week and it's excused as development

Just gotta keep shaking my head and looking at champion data to help me de ode who played well.
Libba has kicked 35 times and handballed 95 times this season.
Jong has kicked 49 times and handballed 90 times this season.

One decided to kick 27% of the time. One decides to kick 35% of the time.
Libba handballed 3/22 times, or 14% of his disposals, this game. Jong has not done that since Round 10, 2015 where he was carrying an injury and was dropped - ie has not done it for 27 games.

Libba's also a better kick than Jong, so I'd want him kicking more as a proportion.

Why does everything have to be about Jong? I didn't talk about Jong. I didn't mention Jong. I made a very valid point about Libba which you have to introduce Jong (and then in other threads you'll claim "I never bring him up, only others do!" which is clearly incorrect as proven here), but then, with such your desperation to introduce Jong, literaly make shit up that Jong "does it ever week" which is just blatantly a factually incorrect statement to justify your hate for Jong.

But this isn't a thread about Jong, this is a review thread that shouldn't be populated with your bile, so I'll ask again.

Does anybody else think that Libba is choosing to handball rather than kick too often? Only 3 of his 22 touches were kicks. I'd like to think of the 19 times he chose to handball he could have chosen to kick four or five of them from memory.

Libba handballed 3/22 times, or 14% of his disposals, this game. Jong has not done that since Round 10, 2015 where he was carrying an injury and was dropped - ie has not done it for 27 games.

Libba's also a better kick than Jong, so I'd want him kicking more as a proportion.

Why does everything have to be about Jong? I didn't talk about Jong. I didn't mention Jong. I made a very valid point about Libba which you have to introduce Jong (and then in other threads you'll claim "I never bring him up, only others do!" which is clearly incorrect as proven here), but then, with such your desperation to introduce Jong, literaly make shit up that Jong "does it ever week" which is just blatantly a factually incorrect statement to justify your hate for Jong.

But this isn't a thread about Jong, this is a review thread that shouldn't be populated with your bile, so I'll ask again.

Does anybody else think that Libba is choosing to handball rather than kick too often? Only 3 of his 22 touches were kicks. I'd like to think of the 19 times he chose to handball he could have chosen to kick four or five of them from memory.

The frustrating thing is that Libba is actually a pretty tidy short kick. I'd definitely like him kicking it more

Lol if you can't see the comparison and the difference in reaction to players then I simply can't help you anymore. You've joined the lemmings and can't see the Forrest.

Oh and by the way I wasn't saying it's good or bad I was just laughing at the comparison and how ridiculous it is. Libba has spent far more time in and under then normal trying to pick up the slack for the players in the mid not doing as much which your champion data stats back up so you should be all over it

You made this negative not me buttercup :)

Said next to heck all about him for weeks but form let the real stats get in the way of your sooky story.

Regardless looks like we have many more weeks of him as the injuries just keep coming.

Last edited:

I missed the game, was up in bendigo, but I'm not surprised that that happened again. It's happening far too often this year, especially as libba is a very very good kick.

Then you question why is it happening. Is it a directive from the coach? Is it libba being a little lazy and taking the first handball option too often? Or something else entirely?

Lol if you can't see the comparison and the difference in reaction to players then I simply can't help you anymore. You've joined the lemmings and can't see the Forrest.

Oh and by the way I wasn't saying it's good or bad I was just laughing at the comparison and how ridiculous it is. Libba has spent far more time in and under then normal trying to pick up the slack for the players in the mid not doing as much which your champion data stats back up so you should be all over it

You made this negative not me buttercup :)

Said next to glory be all about him for weeks but form let the real stats get in the way of your sooky story.

Regardless looks like we have many more weeks of him as the injuries just keep coming.

Beep beep beep.

Dal wasn't close to putting it in front of someone, man. It was trash delivery. Genuinely trash. Even his 30m dinky passes as you've aptly named them aren't much good. They always have too much air. It wasn't that he was going for a hotspot, he was just bombing it as hard and high as he could in a panic. He's not a good kick at all, but we were all aware of that. My suggestion would be for Bev to do exactly what he's done with Jong and subtly mention that he should look to handball before kicking every time into 50. Rance was having a field day with it.

This is different though. Maybe he's injured or sore, I don't know. He wasn't right though. Murph had a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers, but Moyd was bad. Plain and simple.

Have to agree with all this Dale.
Whist we all love him , his kicking is terrible. If forwards are not getting separation at least try and kick it to an advantage point. Bont will always put the ball to advantage.
Was tearing what's left of of my hair out in that first quarter watching kick the ball straight to Rance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey TNP, thanks for the question.

Here's the answer: players don't think about their kick to handball ratio during a match. If the handball is there then they handball, if the kick is there then they kick. Footy isn't as simple as kick to handball ratios. When Libba has the ball his brain isn't processing his kick to handball ratio, it's processing how much time he has to get rid of the ball and who he can get it to.

Have to agree with all this Dale.
Whist we all love him , his kicking is terrible. If forwards are not getting separation at least try and kick it to an advantage point. Bont will always put the ball to advantage.
Was tearing what's left of of my hair out in that first quarter watching kick the ball straight to Rance.

He isn't kicking the ball anymore he is kinda nudging it short distances. Not driving his foot through it at all.

I actually find Dahl a ordinary handballer also. Even his handball have to much loop and he has a really strange shovel type technique.

He is having a good season though,finding a fair bit of the ball. We have a lot of players for a premiership contender with ordinary or dinky disposal.
We are rather unique in that regard.

Last edited:
I actually find Dahl a ordinary footballer also. Even his handball have to much loop and he has a really strange shovel type technique.

He is having a good season though,finding a fair bit of the ball. We have a lot of players for a premiership contender with ordinary or dinky disposal.

So let me get this right

You think Luke Dalhaus is an ordinary footballer?

I actually find Dahl a ordinary footballer also. Even his handball have to much loop and he has a really strange shovel type technique.

I might be pissed with his kicking now and then , but he ain't an ordinary footballer.
Has a heart the size of Phar Lap's

He is actually a really good kick, agree, don't know why he doesn't use it more often

I might be pissed with his kicking now and then , but he ain't an ordinary footballer.
Has a heart the size of Phar Lap's
Sorry lol,bloody auto correct. I was meant to say handballer. That post of mine is completely stupid how it came out. I think Dahls a great footballer,he's one of my favorites.
I'm very embarrassed and will edit my mistakenly stupid post.

Sorry lol,bloody auto correct. I was meant to say handballer. That post of mine is completely stupid how it came out. I think Dahls a great footballer,he's one of my favorites.
I'm very embarrassed and will edit my mistakenly stupid post.

Lol nope you can't blame auto correct for that

Changing footballer to handballer does not help.

Guess that flat earth makes you say strange things hey

Hahahahhaha just too easy

Hey TNP, thanks for the question.

Here's the answer: players don't think about their kick to handball ratio during a match. If the handball is there then they handball, if the kick is there then they kick. Footy isn't as simple as kick to handball ratios. When Libba has the ball his brain isn't processing his kick to handball ratio, it's processing how much time he has to get rid of the ball and who he can get it to.

Of course, Scrag, but that was the very question - among the 19 times that Libba handballed, were there a half-dozen or so that he could have kicked? I remember him handballing to players under more pressure than what he was under, than kicking it himself. Players like Libba is clearly going to handball more than he kicks, but I think he chose too many times to handball than kick, given he's made a poor choice in the means that he gets rid of the ball.

Lol nope you can't blame auto correct for that

Changing footballer to handballer does not help.

Guess that flat earth makes you say strange things hey

Hahahahhaha just too easy
I said I think he's a good footballer and said I made a mistake when King Harold pulled me up.
I said I'm an idiot and offered an apology for a mistake that I didn't mean.
Are you seriously all there?
I love Dahl,one of my favourites,massive heart like KH suggested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs V Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back