Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me a bit like Jobe. Definitely someone to build a midfield around.

Yeah a lot of Watson about the way he moves, takes his time to assess options and handballs.

So excited with Sheed, Duggan, Waterman, Lamb, Nelson - the next gen talent! These are the guys who will win us a flag one day - I've lost hope in Masten Selwood Shuey and co.

Yeah a lot of Watson about the way he moves, takes his time to assess options and handballs.

So excited with Sheed, Duggan, Waterman, Lamb, Nelson - the next gen talent! These are the guys who will win us a flag one day - I've lost hope in Masten Selwood Shuey and co.

We'll need them all playing well if we are to win a flag. Why you think getting rid of Shuey, Selwood and Masten will bring us any closer to a premiership seems absolutely bizarre.

We'll need them all playing well if we are to win a flag. Why you think getting rid of Shuey, Selwood and Masten will bring us any closer to a premiership seems absolutely bizarre.

Yeah I agree they'll all need to play well to win a flag, never mentioned getting rid of them, its that the new gen will be the one's who will add the oomph and cream we need to take us there.

Loved Sheed's kick to Kennedy where he kicked the ball deep inside 50 to Kennedy's advantage over the top of a couple of Carlton players - weighted and directed it to perfection.
Sorry but I have to say that that kick he did was over 50 meters and something that priddis couldn't do. This is one of the reasons I am excited at the prospect of Sheed replacing proddis. He has so much more composure, great kicking skills with depth and vision with hand balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO he resembles Jobe Watson, though not as good overhead and hopefully not on Thymosin. He'll be the play-starter we need to replace Priddis, sooner the better but probably not for another season at least. Only 20...

To build a premiership team you need a composite of youth and experience. Shuey will be an important part of our next go at a flag.

Selwood's injuries are the big concern with him, they're effect on his match readiness and form is telling. He's not good enough to be anything but 110% fit and firing.

Still looking for that classy group of mids.

Gaff took his game up a notch last night, lets hope it continues and the likes of Masten and Sheed follow.

Still looking for that classy group of mids.

Gaff took his game up a notch last night, lets hope it continues and the likes of Masten and Sheed follow.

I'm about ready to give up on Masten after last night, I think Wellingham takes his spot next year once Duggan can run out a full game. Not just because of clangers, not just because of pace, not just because of speed of playing on (all three of which hurt us numerous times), but he just didn't take the game on when he had opportunities to.

At his current age he should be peaking and I'm not sure his footy nous will get any better. I felt he was best 22 last year but he was woeful this game, arguably worse than McGinnity who at least didn't kill any run on our part.

EDIT: On the topic of Sheed - was generally happy with him tonight, did some nice things. Still a bit too slow and fumbly for my liking. As others have said, next week will be a much better test.

I'm about ready to give up on Masten after last night ...At his current age he should be peaking and I'm not sure his footy nous will get any better. I felt he was best 22 last year but he was woeful this game, arguably worse than McGinnity who at least didn't kill any run on our part.

This is his eighth season and we know what he's like.

Definitely trade bait, and he's not the only one.

This is his eighth season and we know what he's like.

Definitely trade bait, and he's not the only one.

What I liked about watching the first half of that game is that our different setups at the center at each bounce really helped to clarify what worked and what didn't.

Masten was part of the "didn't" in that game. Even more than Priddis. Would love to see one bounce with the following set up by the end of this year:

C: Gaff Sheed Duggan
Fol: Yeo Naitanui Waterman

And then we still have Shuey, Selwood, Wellingham able to line up there as needed but with complementary players who offer us more ways to get the clearance and get it to our advantage, rather than limited players who turn it over.

What I liked about watching the first half of that game is that our different setups at the center at each bounce really helped to clarify what worked and what didn't.

Masten was part of the "didn't" in that game. Even more than Priddis. Would love to see one bounce with the following set up by the end of this year:

C: Gaff Sheed Duggan
Fol: Yeo Naitanui Waterman

And then we still have Shuey, Selwood, Wellingham able to line up there as needed but with complementary players who offer us more ways to get the clearance and get it to our advantage, rather than limited players who turn it over.

Waterman and Sheed? Wow.

My favourite line would be:

C: Rosa Shuey Wellingham
Fol: Naitanui Priddis Yeo

What gives me most hope about Sheed over the past couple of rounds is seeing him get more involved and confident as the game goes on. He's started slowly in both and worked his way in. Some really composed clearances this week, kept his feet much better than against the doges. Certainly gunna help his development to have both Shuey and Gaff firing like they were against Carlton, give him the confidence to get the ball knowing someone will be around to receive.

Looking forward to seeing the Sheed + Waterman + Duggan combo at stoppages in the future, although injecting a bit of pace in there is going to be important. However, I'm kinda still holding out hope that Lamb could develop a bit more composure and play through the middle more often in the future. We know he's got the tank, he addressed his critics so far and brought the effort in the contest. If his skills improve as well I reckon he'd slot right in.

Anyway, the imagined future is a great place to be, regardless of how terribly we get dominated in the midfield next week! That's my favourite thing about this thead

Remove this Banner Ad

Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back