Dom Sheeds goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Never would have happened if the first free was paid.

Just admit your flag is tainted so we can move from this unpleasantness.
The first free kick of that contest should've gone to Rioli when he copped a forearm to the head which was the first contact between the two players.

Any thought of any other perceived free kick is moot after that point.

Haven't found footage of the Eagles box, but did find some of the pies supporters here

WHUvhiH.gif

Why would you want to see our coaches box when you can watch Julie Bishop do that weird wiggle/dance thing over and over

That sums up the whole Channel 7 organisation, just that sh!t alone.

A historical day, buggerall coach reactions, but every 5 minutes we see this duck prancing around like she is at Seekers concert.
I just wanted to kick the friggin TV in everytime I saw the idiot, but I paid three grand for it.

Generally, I think set shots on goal after the siren to win the game are quintessentially more "clutch".

However, given the context, the game up until that point, the time left, the preceding passage of play, the angle and the drop punt, and premiership on the line, it has to be arguably one of the most clutch goals in the history of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pies player clearly dragged the ball in just before half time when tackled by Cripps. Would have and should have been a certain goal to WCE.

Evened out.
Don’t forget darling having to have his arm ripped off 15m out from goal. They actually owe us a goal :rolleyes:

You can find it on Youtube under 'When blatant free kicks cost a team a premiership'.
What free kick? Did anyone else see where we got a free kick in the last that stole the Premiership? I must have watched that last quarter half a dozen times and couldn't find it.
Ill keep watching for it though- I'm sure you wouldn't be wrong Frank.

Twiggy Dunn's was pretty timely.

My personal favourite
1994 SANFL PF v Norwood. Port trail in the last qtr and somehow kicking into the stiff wind get to within a goal. Then up steps Scott Hodges with a magnificent clutch goal with the final kick of the game at the 29 min mark.

(footnote in the 96 GF. Port Adel trailed by 6 goals at qtr time, whittled it down to 2 goals at 3qt, then Scott Hodges kicks FIVE last qtr goals and handed 2 off as well in a stunning display.)

For old times sake, the classic Maynard high contact free that wasn’t paid:

View attachment 580438

Nice pic.

You gotta ask why was Maynard facing towards Rioli instead of Sheed ?
My guess he was expecting another team mate to come through.
How the F was it 2 on 1 down there at that point of the game.
That quick turnover from McGovern to Sheed caught them on the back foot.

Rest is history.

2 minutes to go actually, but Im happy, and pleased for this epic moment to grow into mythical proportions. after the siren it is. 15 rows back when he kicked it.

Kicked it off one leg, and I mean literally one leg as the doctors were forced to amputate his right foot at 3QT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back