Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, there's no real doubt about the spin Essendon have played on this. They have done nothing but obfuscate and spin half truths from the get go. '"I've never spoken to a New York doctor" (to discuss a testosterone cream that is undetectable) became, 'Hird's evidence is understood to include an admission he spoke with a New York-based pharmacist '. 'That drug wasn't from Mexico, it was from New Mexico' became, 'actually it was from Mexico, but we know it's safe, even though we don't know what it is'.

Then there's the whole AOD debacle. At first they deny using it. Then they say they had permission to use it. THEN they said they were able to use it because of a loophole if they used a compounding pharmacist and then when that was shut down, they went back to denying using it. Since then they've had a constant attack on AOD - making it the almost the entire focus (keeping everyone's mind off possible S2 banned substances). They've also instigated a sustained attack on ASADA and called them incompetent - which is perhaps the most ironic thing of all. Now they are saying they want this over with, but are threatening ASADA with a long, drawn out legal battle. Truly spectacular bullshit of the highest order.

The best part is you point out these inconsistencies to their fans and it's fingers in the ears. For a club that was adamant it would be fine, their story has been curiously changing since the start of the saga.

The Daniel Morcombe investigation took 8+ years - and they suspected Cowan from the get go. It took them that long to set the trap.

I would hope that if there wasn't enough evidence, this thing would have finished last year. I strongly suspect, though, that there is sufficient evidence that needed to be confirmed, backed up, cross checked and this is all due to the fact that there is no positive test, which demands a higher level of proof.
Agreed.
If they didn't have evidence it'd be done and dusted!.
Because,it would appear they do,they need to take as much time as possible to ensure 'natural justice' occurs.
Otherwise many innocent people may be wrongfully accused!.
The EFC and the AFL should be very proud of the work and time that ASADA has committed to their process!.

Last edited:
Because the court will say "there is already mechanisms in place to deal with this." and send EFC off to CAS and the QC's will get paid for a case that last 10mins in front of a legal court

Bet you the court won't say that, and you wouldn't hire a QC for a first appearance, would be a SC. The court will have to rule on due process and that is an absolute legal minefield.

such specious reasoning. So innocent people don't need bother getting quality representation? You'd just represent yourself if falsely accused of murder I guess?

Your whole approach to avoiding suspensions from ASADA seems to be built aroung legal argument, ie; AOD was not a banned substance, you can't prove who took what cos there are no records'.

Your club stuffed up Lance and despite appearences it does not want to deal with the full consquences and is seeking to use legal aveneues to stop what most indepdendent people think is your just deserts. The simple question is did the EFC inject its players with banned substances.

There is only one body in the world that decides what is banned and when it was banned from, WADA. And it has clearly said AOD is banned. Your club is just using technicalities to get off, it might succeed with the help of good lawyers but you will never be innocent.

The EFC and the AFL should be very proud of the work and time that ASADA has committed to their process!.

Yeah it has been so good the head of ASADA got sacked LOL. Has been a shambles from day 1. Not excusing Essendon but don't tell me ASADA was great!

Essendon supporters and their club are so boring YAWN ..... hit them with the sledgehammer already ASADA .... Tired of all this drivel.

Your club is just using technicalities to get off, it might succeed with the help of good lawyers but you will never be innocent.

So what you are saying is Essendon are doing the right thing. Thank you. Take it to court, Coolingwood would do the same!

Does Little think that Crameri, Reimers and Monfries etc will stick with the EFC strategy?

Or is it realistic that they would prefer a 6 month suspension rather than a 2 year penalty. I wonder have any of them had anything to sign this week from ASADA?

They're gonna look silly taking a 6 month hit while our boys are trotting around the park having been cleared of all accusations.
Signing affidavits is something that was always going to be a part of this process. The fact it has taken so long to get it done is an indictment on ASADA. ASADA cheerleaders celebrating the development as a step closer to IN's being issued simply highlights a lack of knowledge of the process.

Good lord.

The idea that innocent people don't need legal representation and advice every bit as much as guilty people is one of the worst lines of bullshit that get pushed by cop shows and law enforcement. You absolutely need representation if you are innocent, and as good as you can pay for. The facts may be the facts but you still need someone to speak for them at a trial or to law enforcement, and even innocence comes in many shades.

I like how the closer it gets to show cause notices been issued, the louder the whining about ASADA from Essendon staff/supporters gets. These attempts to discredit ASADA and paint them as the bad guy in this saga are blindingly obvious. No danger of accepting responsibility.

So what you are saying is Essendon are doing the right thing. Thank you. Take it to court, Coolingwood would do the same!

i guarantee you if this was collingwood the board down to the boodstudder would have been taken down to yarra falls day one and risk drowning if they didnt fess up to everything they knew - and the guilty party shot at dawn.

END OF STORY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're gonna look silly taking a 6 month hit while our boys are trotting around the park having been cleared of all accusations.
Signing affidavits is something that was always going to be a part of this process. The fact it has taken so long to get it done is an indictment on ASADA. ASADA cheerleaders celebrating the development as a step closer to IN's being issued simply highlights a lack of knowledge of the process.
Oh, Iggy.

You should look at changing up the cheerleader avatar every now and then. Gotta stay fresh and relevant.

Gimme an A

Gimme an S

Gimme an A

Gimme a D

Gimme another A

what does it spell...

...ASADA...ASADA...ASADA

Yay ASADA

images

i guarantee you if this was collingwood the board down to the boodstudder would have been taken down to yarra falls day one and risk drowning if they didnt fess up to everything they knew - and the guilty party shot at dawn.

END OF STORY.
Footnote for readers:
Description of Collingwood internal investigatory processes and self-sanctions may be allegorical.

Or then again, maybe not, hard to tell with the Pies.

Bet you the court won't say that, and you wouldn't hire a QC for a first appearance, would be a SC. The court will have to rule on due process and that is an absolute legal minefield.
The court will say "Why have you not gone through the prescribed process for such matters as those relate to the matter at hand?"
EFC will then say ???

END OF STORY.

Yeah right. Collingwood like Essendon would fight to the very end if that means court so be it!

You do realise that this is the same level of legal appointment? Most states just got rid of the queen bit of the title.

One costs half of the other, but yes it is the same. The QC's will be used in proceedings but not at the start!

The court will say "Why have you not gone through the prescribed process for such matters as those relate to the matter at hand?"
EFC will then say ???

I shouldn't know, that is up to the lawyers. I don't blame Essendon for suing them, it has gone on long enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dons players could launch legal action to end investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back