Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Maric_Rd1109_246a.jpg

I know it's the done thing to boo former players when they turn out against you and being nice to the opposition isn't really what it's all about... but big Ivan is a slightly different case.

He gave every ounce of passion he had for us. Yeah he was only moderately talented, wasn't all that athletic and we are all much happier with Jacobs... but we did love him. He would go in to bat for team mates and fly the flag in an era when this sort of behaviour was systematically drummed out of us. In the emotionless Crowbot era he was the heart and soul.

The mullet competition between big Ivan and our very own Tails shows our players are still on good terms with him. If they can do it, so can we. No one should begrudge him the move to Richmond. He finished up battling at the Magpies here, his time was up. He got a second chance but was still man enough to front up at our B&F, unlike certain others.

He's the one player Neil Craig visibly lost his temper with. For that alone he holds a special place in my heart.

Who's with me? And how do we spread the word?

If we're winning, he can play as well as he likes. BOG if he likes.

If we're losing and he's playing well and dominating, I'll boo the bastard.

It's all about us.

Sorry Carl - but what a softcokc thread.

I can't imagine anyone will boo him. He did his service with us and left for better opportunities, and I don't think anyone would rather he was still here instead of Jacobs. Good on him, but meh. I'm glad he went somewhere and is getting a game, and I'm glad of the pick we got for him. Not that I think that much about him.

Sorry Carl - but what a softcokc thread.

I can't imagine anyone will boo him. He did his service with us and left for better opportunities, and I don't think anyone would rather he was still here instead of Jacobs. Good on him, but meh. I'm glad he went somewhere and is getting a game, and I'm glad of the pick we got for him. Not that I think that much about him.
Sorry, but you can't criticise a thread and then agree with every single point raised in it.

Who ever boos this great man needs to have their head read!

His reasons for going are legitimate but no one can question his commitment to the club when he was here. He is a champion club man and a champion bloke. Will always love Ivan and to me he will always be one of us no matter who he plays for (unless its Port of course).

I could never boo Kane Johnson and there is no way I can boo big Ivan. Absolutely love him and I am thrilled that he is playing as well as he is and has found his place at Richmond.

Big Ivan is a champion bloke and should be respected...he deserves that much!

It is a bit of a strange thread

the only thing we should be doing is bagging all the dickhead richmond supporters who during trade week proved how little they knew about football.

Ivan Maric, the temporary ruck man keeping the spot warm for some "young gun"" ruck man that the Tigers have been developing your 10 years.

I liked Ivan, but I learnt to hate Richmond fans thanks to Trade week.

Who ever boos this great man needs to have their head read!

His reasons for going are legitimate but no one can question his commitment to the club when he was here. He is a champion club man and a champion bloke. Will always love Ivan and to me he will always be one of us no matter who he plays for (unless its Port of course).

I could never boo Kane Johnson and there is no way I can boo big Ivan. Absolutely love him and I am thrilled that he is playing as well as he is and has found his place at Richmond.

Big Ivan is a champion bloke and should be respected...he deserves that much!

Totally agree with you Stiffy. :thumbsu:

I've nothing but respect for big Ee-van in the way that he's grabbed his opportunity at Richmond to show that he is a good player in his own right. He has improved in leaps and bounds this year.

Good bloke, good player. No boos from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anyone that knows anything about footy boo him? Even complete asshats and morons on here know a little about footy so you're preaching to the choir.

I find this hard to say but I totally agree with you Carl.

As pointed out by others, Crows supporters do not have a record of booing players who left on good terms. Examples are Modra, Mattner, Skipworth etc. I wouldn't boo Tony Armstrong either.

As for Fiscal Phil and Gunna, I'm happy to lead the chorus.

I find this hard to say but I totally agree with you Carl.

As pointed out by others, Crows supporters do not have a record of booing players who left on good terms. Examples are Modra, Mattner, Skipworth etc. I wouldn't boo Tony Armstrong either.

As for Fiscal Phil and Gunna, I'm happy to lead the chorus.

The only thing that would keep me from booing Armstrong, is that I couldn't care less about him not being here anymore. Not even worth the effort.

I used to wonder whether Stiffy 18 and Macca 23 were the same person.

I definitely won't be booing Ivan. But he will be booed by a few morons at aami. 5aa have even got a banner comp to sledge Ivan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't boo Ivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back