Downgrade Options

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen either of his games, but what do people think of Tom Lynch (GC) as a downgrade fwd target?? stats looked solid against the crows...

Matera out for Lynch next week I think. He's sounded pretty good so far, knows how to take a mark. Didn't see his game against Adelaide though.

I've got a lot of rookies that I want too offload including B.smith (priority with a be over 100) atley, matera and toy. I also really would like I.Smith, Jacobs (for mpp purposes) and Lynch.

My question is with 15 trades left should I be trying to replace these guys with the good young guns coming through, or should I just resign myself to these player being in my team and use some of my better non-keepers instead (kraks, darling, tapscott, L thompson, harris, liber) so I can cash up and get some premos?

Mail coming through on some likely debutants in some crucial positions in coming weeks.

Nathan Vardy (Geelong/Ruckmen)
Matthew Panos (Western Bulldogs/Forward)
Lewis Johnston (Sydney/Forward)

All could be debutants in coming weeks, add to that a couple of Melbourne rookies (Michael Evans or Dan Nicholoson) who look like earning a game and these downgrade options are starting to come through.

Also, some Muzungi is apparently coming on very nicely in the west.

Looks like Hibberd will get a few weeks to prove himself now with Watson, Hocking, Hurley, Slattery all out. Still think Jacobs has better JS but reckon a few will take a risk on Hibberd (with me included).

anyone starting to gather a list for trading out cash cows within their squad ?

players who were cheap at the start and may have already reached their peak value wise - may continue to score well for a rookie but essentially have peaked. when downgraded to a hibberd/puopolo/lynch/i.smith they create extra cash for upgrades to use til the finals.

for mine those that fill this criteria include lower, heppell, petrie, duigan, darling, plus others i havent got like mckernan & b.smith.

i am reluctant to include GC players yet as many have had a slow start but keep getting games, therefore still have a way to go to reach their peak.

any others ?

Harvey was on the radio this morning saying that Mzungu is really close and that he may start straight in the AFL........................

I was going this week

Matera > Lynch

Then next week

Tapscott > Mzungu

Should be close to a profit of $250/300k.

Mail coming through on some likely debutants in some crucial positions in coming weeks.

Nathan Vardy (Geelong/Ruckmen)
Matthew Panos (Western Bulldogs/Forward)
Lewis Johnston (Sydney/Forward)

All could be debutants in coming weeks, add to that a couple of Melbourne rookies (Michael Evans or Dan Nicholoson) who look like earning a game and these downgrade options are starting to come through.

Also, some Muzungi is apparently coming on very nicely in the west.

Still on the rookie list, luke dahlhaus will be elevated come round 11 instead of him, wont get a game any time soon.

Hibbard will probably get a few games due to injuries, suspensions.

Once a few of the players come back in his JS will get a bit more dicey.

I'd say he's most likely got 3-4 definite games. After that he may stay in due to form, or be dropped due to no place for him once the others come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of Swannies debutants getting a run this year, no idea on job security though. Luke Parker played his first game against Port after coming on as a sub in the 4th and racked up 7 possies in 15-20 minutes.

Played footy against him in juniors, kid is a gun. Sydney very lucky/fortunate to get him with the pick they did.

Hopefully he gets a good run this year, tough as nails mid that can rack up the ball is always good for SC.

Jeremy Howe ($103,600 FWD), Max Gawn ($110,200 RUCK) and Michael Evans ($91,700 MID) are a few players from Melbourne who may get time very soon. Evans i would say is the most likely to get a gig and keep his spot for some time, as a rookie he is cheap too. Just a heads up!

Winmar named this week who is M/F if i remember correctly.

Wholesale changes at the Saints with a couple of senior names dropped probably means his JS is pretty dodgy. Might be one to keep an eye on though.

What about downgrading Petrie (giving me nothin') to Vardy. Have Z. Smith on the bench with the bye. The cash could help out with some upgrades elsewhere on the field.
thoughts?

What do you guy's reckon of Sippos js. I was going to go I Smith but he isn't named this week. Really through a spanner in my plans!

Okay, so I've gone with a risky one. Riewoldt's obviously declining and not gonna give me the scores I nabbed him at the start for.

Over the last 3 weeks, Jack Watts has averaged 92 and he's only $284,800. Huge risk, but I'm downgrading to him cos I feel he's found confidence in his own ability and will start to really hit around the 90 park most weeks, which is what Riewoldt is doing anyway. Kind of a risky sideways trade to make $100,000.

Plus now I have $384,900 in the bank for next week when I upgrade some cash cows into premiums (probably Heppell and Curnow).

John Butcher (PA) forward @ $110k may get a game soon

Won't get a game until near the end of the year... we're being frustratingly cautious and patient with him. He's doing well in the SANFL, but the development coaches are treating this year like his 'first year'. Won't see too much game time until next season, but I think he will debut later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back