Downgrade Options

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe isn't in the side to cover injuries, he is in based on his own good form and the poor form of other forwards. Will definitely play this week and could very well play out the year!

Alright best backline downgrade options this week probably are:
Howard, Nicholson, Strauss & Simpkin

Wallysixx above is bullish on Howards prospects for the rest of the year, can anyone else shed some light on the JS of the others? Being a bombers supporter Id steer clear of Browne. Hurley and watson to come in next week along with Hocking the week after

Dang. Really need a midfield downgrade this week, and there's bubkis out there.

Ledger - I'll take a look.

Anyone else who is due to resume/start soon who might be worth a punt?

Dan Nicholson, if he plays this week, will be into his third game. Due to our injuries he should play a few more games until Tapscott or Bail come back.
Keep an eye out for Sam Blease too.

Who should I go this week? Toy - Howard, Straus or Nicolson?

I can also downgrade Atley and McKernan if there are better options in the forwards or mids, but I haven't been able to find any and Toy isn't even playing so getting rid of him is a priority.

Who should I go this week? Toy - Howard, Straus or Nicolson?

I can also downgrade Atley and McKernan if there are better options in the forwards or mids, but I haven't been able to find any and Toy isn't even playing so getting rid of him is a priority.

Atley and SMacK are very handy SC players. Not great points getters (actually pretty crap) but playing almost every week and a good reliable 60 points when you need them. Toy is expendable.

For most rookies coming through it is a complete guess as to whether they will play more than a handful of games.

I would lean (just) to Howard IMHO. If the bullies get rolled this week it the will be looking to rebuild. If they win then he is a contributor to a winning team and might hold his spot...maybe.

Atley and SMacK are very handy SC players. Not great points getters (actually pretty crap) but playing almost every week and a good reliable 60 points when you need them. Toy is expendable.

For most rookies coming through it is a complete guess as to whether they will play more than a handful of games.

I would lean (just) to Howard IMHO. If the bullies get rolled this week it the will be looking to rebuild. If they win then he is a contributor to a winning team and might hold his spot...maybe.

Hmm I’m leaning toward Straus, everyone is saying he will be replaced by Tapscott when he comes back which is a concern, however Toy isn't even getting a game so I don’t have much to lose. Really wish I jumped on Hibberd/Pup/Pedersen when I had the chance.

l kinda was hoping that Callinan bloke was going to a downgrade in a few weeks.l should of jumped on tom lynch but missed the boat.l have a few players still have some of money to make like eg hibberd,jacobs wallis,darling,batch,l hope Richardson gets some games soon.

getting some good downgrades could be hard.but with some sides out of the finals hopefully some young kids get some games.

Howe is up for grabs next week. Had 2 pretty good games, average around 70 and should be in the team for a few weeks, possibly even for the rest of the season. Max Gawn also might get 1 more game if Jamar is still not ready to come back, not sure if anyone has any money on the bench in their rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know much about Strauss and more so his job security? Averages 78 after 2 games. 112k backmen.

Dunno. Not rated highly by some supporters, others think he is part of the future. Was a high draft pick but taken a long time to break back into the side. Might stick around whilst Grimes is gone but i wouldn't be surprised if he got dropped soon (Tapscott, Garland are defenders to come back into the side, both possibly this week)

Dunno. Not rated highly by some supporters, others think he is part of the future. Was a high draft pick but taken a long time to break back into the side. Might stick around whilst Grimes is gone but i wouldn't be surprised if he got dropped soon (Tapscott, Garland are defenders to come back into the side, both possibly this week)

Hmmm...maybe two Melbourne downgrades this week for me (Thompson/Heppell/Lower for Strauss and Matera for Howe). Had been planning to go an upgrade to Broughton. Gives me big bucks for my final two upgrades (Hibberd/Iles to Pendles, Thompson/Lower/Heppell to Broughton/Fisher/Shaw).

Who to downgrade though?

13 trades still in the bank and looking at making a few trades.

Who do I downgrade?

D: Duigan, L.Thompson, Lower

M: Libba, Harris, Hibberd, Jacobs,

F: Krak, Darling, Tpasoctt, Matera

Who should I trade out?

Backline, Thompson easily. Lower and Duigan are both scoring well whereas he has dropped off a bit, and I always like the mature agers for scoring and JS.

Mid downgrade would be Hibberd largely because he has GF bye so no use there, plus I have concerns about his JS (although you would know better than me on that). If he plays the next couple of weeks and scored well enough to get the price in the high 200's, he'd be the one to trade. Harris will play all year and is great cover, Libba should as they'll play the kids and Jacobs definitely rock solid JS.

Fwds is tougher, I'd trade either Tapscott or Matera. Krak is great for the MPP cover, and will keep scoring well. I know Darling was flat on the w/e but I'm not jumping off him yet.

Tom Simpkin? 61 in less than three quarters in first two games not bad, job security only problem with j Blake back soon and young tommy Walsh pushing for selection.

^^ I'd say his job security isn't that good, and you want someone who can cover for you in the second half of season.

I'm stuck about which of my rookie defenders to keep, and which to trade.. all seem to be doing pretty well.

Heppel, Lower, Stanley, Puopolo, Hibberd - Get rid of 2, but which 2??

I'm gonna keep 3 of them, downgrade 1 and upgrade 1. Pretty interested in who will play the most games from here on in and who has made most of their money already. All 5 seem to be able to hold their spots, i'll be getting rid of those that are least likely to.
Cheers for any help guys.

^^ I'd say his job security isn't that good, and you want someone who can cover for you in the second half of season.

I'm stuck about which of my rookie defenders to keep, and which to trade.. all seem to be doing pretty well.

I'm gonna keep 3 of them, downgrade 1 and upgrade 1. Pretty interested in who will play the most games from here on in and who has made most of their money already. All 5 seem to be able to hold their spots, i'll be getting rid of those that are least likely to.

Imho to drop 2, lower stays, heppell stays but will be rested soon, hibberd poor JS, Stanley will be swapped for kids later and poo might just play every game given how many hawks are getting injured

heppell has breakeven of 120, im moving him on

Go for delaney....scott has stated he's the form backman at the club...... He'll stay til the end now.....

A few weeks back pondered Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney Pedersen Delaney

Landed on Delaney. Form has been good, Roos have a gap and they a are winning with him in. All signs look good.

Your news is good.

I can't decide who to trade in as a downgrade this week

Alot of people are mentioning Howe/Strauss...are there many other options?

I could do two upgrades this week but I don't want to miss out on a 2nd gamer who is having their 3rd game this weekend.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back