Strategy CEO Thread - Jennifer Watt - Started Jan 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Given how much SA pay all the other clubs for Reacher Round, and given how much the WA teams are whinging about travel, we could really push Freo, Weagles, and the WA govt to put up or shut up.
Yes, imagine the gov/stadium promoting essentially a double header there (over two nights). The city would be pumped coz it would increase foot traffic and overall it would promote the sport too.
I don't see why players would care either. Might even help us retain or attract WA talent.

You got to love the tool who rolls out “woke”, really helps highlight the clowns in the thread.
A real club would do something about the way we have gone in the last 4 years .
This club is no longer the Shinboners we are the softboners .
We have gone backwards in every department on and off the field we have made some disgraceful decisions this club has become a laughing stock but it gets harder every year as clubs like St.Kilda ,Melbourne and Western Bulldog's who less then a decade couldn’t even lick our boots have streaked miles ahead of us.
But in 2025 I will continue to spend over $1k+ on reserved seating,merchandise and raffles to support my club but I want bang for my buck I want to surrounded by North supporters not a splatter of North and other supporters .
I want to be part of a winning culture as I’m sick of my club Fu:king losing games I want to go to games that we are not a %10 winning but %90 chance of winning.
I can’t speak about other North supporters but surely they be wanting a season that we are winning on a regular basis.

Yes, imagine the gov/stadium promoting essentially a double header there (over two nights). The city would be pumped coz it would increase foot traffic and overall it would promote the sport too.
I don't see why players would care either. Might even help us retain or attract WA talent.
Yeah look, I can appreciate why Victorian members want 11 home games in Victoria, but if that can't happen for financial reasons, then your idea of extracting virtually the entire Tasmanian revenue from just 2 games in Perth is really clever in that it balances the books and essentially provides a platform for doing things like Bendigo or Lavington once or twice a season (if we still wanted to do that.)

A real club would do something about the way we have gone in the last 4 years .
This club is no longer the Shinboners we are the softboners .
We have gone backwards in every department on and off the field we have made some disgraceful decisions this club has become a laughing stock but it gets harder every year as clubs like St.Kilda ,Melbourne and Western Bulldog's who less then a decade couldn’t even lick our boots have streaked miles ahead of us.
But in 2025 I will continue to spend over $1k+ on reserved seating,merchandise and raffles to support my club but I want bang for my buck I want to surrounded by North supporters not a splatter of North and other supporters .
I want to be part of a winning culture as I’m sick of my club Fu:king losing games I want to go to games that we are not a %10 winning but %90 chance of winning.
I can’t speak about other North supporters but surely they be wanting a season that we are winning on a regular basis.
Some very reasonable arguments there but still can’t stop thinking that you are a clown because you call things woke.

tense-table-smash.gif

How does St Kilda manage to have all it's home games in Melbourne but we can't?

Nothing against Sonja/Jen but if anyone wanted to challenge them and seek voting approval from the members....all they would have to do is promise to bring all home games back to Melbourne.

tense-table-smash.gif

Nothing against Sonja/Jen but if anyone wanted to challenge them and seek voting approval from the members....all they would have to do is promise to bring all home games back to Melbourne.
The Saints have quite a significant debt, they probably need to sell a few games.

We clearly sell the games for the needed financial benefit we receive from doing so. Going against that is making decisions with your heart over head.

Be nice to have told the members first that she is auctioning off the Tassy games. Early days so lets see what develops but if the club thinks they will just sell off the four games to the highest bidder and not give any back to lthe members she has to be kidding. Doesn't sound like an exit strategy to me.

North Melbourne vs GWS in Saudi Arabia

The Saints have quite a significant debt, they probably need to sell a few games.

We clearly sell the games for the needed financial benefit we receive from doing so. Going against that is making decisions with your heart over head.
That’s the point. They are 7M in the red and it was 10M + not so long ago.

And yet they are slowly paying back whats owed whilst all Home games are in Melbourne.

We have no debt.

We have no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the point. They are 7M in the red and it was 10M + not so long ago.

And yet they are slowly paying back whats owed whilst all Home games are in Melbourne.

We have no debt.

We have no excuse.
Well we are behind other clubs in regards to football departments, facilities etc.

We do need to continue to re-invest into making our football club stronger and if that means have to sacrifice a few home games outside of Melbourne to help generate further cash then so be it.

If we’re not lobbying the Albury City Council we’re seriously out to lunch.

3 hours drive north of Melbourne. Get the AFL on board to commit to fixturing a larger club once a year to maximize impressions. Throw in some tourism media buys during the game.

100% no brainer. Just need to work the council hard.

****ing hell 😂

A reminder that even at AFL level some of the decision makers can be delusional.

Cairns is not Launceston Jen.

Traveling to Cairns 4 times a year in lieu of home games along with every other ground the AFL can possibly send us to, would be suicidal for any contending team.

Absolute madness (and complete stupidity to be honest) if the club go down this path.

She never mentioned Cairns that I can see? I didn't listen to the radio interview though.

Reality is we need the cash, we don't make enough from Marvel games.

We've also been selling games for 30 odd year now, not like its Jen who has invented the idea

Will be Darwin or Perth against a neutral opponent. That will be a thing to alleviate WCE travel watch this space. We stay up there for the week etc.

Yes, AFL keen to shut the WA clubs up here, agree Perth makes most sense from $$$ perspective, AFL approval, we have lots of members there ... also we seem to do OK at Optus lol.

Trying to sell 4 to the highest bidder but will end up 2.

Sounds about right.

Won’t be Cairns, GC will take there.

Yep.

Def won’t be regional Vic.

Days of Spring Street throwing money at these things are gone for a whole now aye.

If we’re not lobbying the Albury City Council we’re seriously out to lunch.

3 hours drive north of Melbourne. Get the AFL on board to commit to fixturing a larger club once a year to maximize impressions. Throw in some tourism media buys during the game.

100% no brainer. Just need to work the council hard.

Yeah **** that

Not sure what ‘wokeness’ has to do with anything, but I equally am frustrated by the never ending talk of us being the Travelling Wilburies. .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Its the Travelling Wokeberries. Get it right.

tense-table-smash.gif

Anyone who made that promise would need to be introduced to the fiduciary responsibilities and liabilities of company directors under the Corporations Act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy CEO Thread - Jennifer Watt - Started Jan 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back