List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

A BIG NO to Max King
I reckon he's a classic one to slide, because clubs will take the lower risk options. To continue the Butcher comparison, he was touted as #1 at times during his draft year, ended up at 8.

All the tools are there, but especially with the year off, there's a bit of work to do.

I wouldn't base opinions on prospective players on YouTube highlights videos, scouts will look for other things that aren't shown in those videos like defensive efforts, how they read plays, situational awareness, attitude and body language (especially towards team mates), fitness and positioning on the field.

Last edited:
I wouldn't base opinions on prospective players on YouTube highlights videos, scouts will look for other things that aren't shown in those videos like defensive efforts, how they read plays, fitness and positioning on the field.
on top of all of that, the video isn't a highlights video rather just the snippets of footage when he had possession of the ball for one game

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...t/news-story/d3e1e9fb0f7a3aec202c71be4c228482

"Max King, in particular, was unstoppable inside the forward 50, booting a whopping eight goals to go with 19 disposals and nine marks (eight inside 50, six contested) to inspire Sandringham to a 23-point win over the Oakleigh Chargers."

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/tag/max-king/

"September rank: #4

The tall forward is one of the best tall prospects we have seen in recent years and is most certainly in the mix as a top five pick, despite the fact that King will not play another game this season. After booting a few goals in the opening quarter for Haileybury College at school football, King’s knee buckled from underneath him in the second quarter and he was stretchered off. Scans later confirmed that the talented forward suffered a torn ACL. Nevertheless, King is a superb prospect who is outstanding in the air (thanks to a big wingspan) and a goal-kicking option, having booted 8.5 against Oakleigh Chargers earlier in the TAC Cup last month. A real strength of King’s is his ability to collect the ball when it hits the ground, with a strong recovery helping the 201cm tall. While some say he could slip down the order due to injury, he won’t be falling outside the top 10, or even maybe the top five due to his impressive skill set."

Pretty sure he's not sliding too far but yes if we've aready got the best mid.

Lol - never seen Back to the Future but I'm guessing the sequel is worse than the original. Pass.

Mate how can you not have seen back to the future?

And no, the sequel is not worse than the original and neither is the 3rd film.

They are all equally as good.

Post reported for admitting publically to have not seen back to the future.

Last edited:
I feel like you're always taking a bit of a risk when it comes to key forwards and ruckmen come draft time. It's never quite clear whether these guys actually have the goods or whether they're just beating up on guys they have physically dominated in an underage comp. And you never quite find out until you develop them in an AFL environment and then see how they go up against men. The King brothers seem like the classic example of this conundrum to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watch, we sell the farm for 6 and they jump in and get 4.
how did u guys sell the farm for 6? i thought that was a great trade to get higher in this sa draft. youre above us now and only gave up pick 23 or something right?

i mean personally id rather get one of the top sa talents i thought that was great for you guys and pissed me off ahah. rankine and rozee look completely phenomenal and you will probably get one of them. i dont think picks over 20 mean as much as the top 20 in this draft are supposedly so strong

how did u guys sell the farm for 6? i thought that was a great trade to get higher in this sa draft. youre above us now and only gave up pick 23 or something right?

Polec, Pittard, 23 30, 45 and 46 with pick swaps next year. Thats giving up a lot, it its gets us Rankine great, but if you guys get 4 or 5 its back fired.

i mean personally id rather get one of the top sa talents i thought that was great for you guys and pissed me off ahah. rankine and rozee look completely phenomenal and you will probably get one of them. i dont think picks over 20 mean as much as the top 20 in this draft are supposedly so strong
I’d rather get 2-3 of them. Espically if Wingards going.

Polec, Pittard, 23 30, 45 and 46 with pick swaps next year. Thats giving up a lot, it its gets us Rankine great, but if you guys get 4 or 5 its back fired.
i think losing polec is a big blow and the picks potentially for future depth. but this is probably the best sa draft i can remember and if you can get a couple elite talents then your team can build around them considering a lot of players are getting a bit older. i personally would love the crows to be more aggressive and trade stuff away to get a few of these guys. rankine is ready to go from r1. he could well be the next best player in the comp soon after that with his ability/athleticism. i feel personally like the crows have traded away guys like mcgovern, lever last year for a strong draft hand only to probably be pipped by you blokes so its not all doom! id understand if it was another regular draft thought

I’d rather get 2-3 of them. Espically if Wingards going.
i think if wingard goes you probably will get a couple. and tbh wingard hasnt looked as good in the last couple years. rankine looks like a guy who, like wingard, can dominate from a very early age. rankine for wingard could potentially be looked at as a big positive within like 2 years imo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back