List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checking, if a club bids on Rhylee West before the Bulldogs' pick, they have to use 7 to match don't they?
Yes, but they would get points back to use on a later draft pick.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We had 3 in the first 16. Butcher 8, Moore 9 and Pittard 16. That was after trading out an absolute gun to Hawthorn. See where I am going with this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Butch gave me enough excitement for a pick 8. Heppell about the only pick 8 since that I would trade those couple of butch excitement games for.

Didn't one of the guys in the know say they were confident we would still end up with picks in the 20's after we traded them out early in the period...?

I have a strange feeling in my gut (which is probably more attributed to our trading over the last couple of days ) that the crows are going to throw everything for St Kilda’s pick 4 and likely get it. The Saints second pick isn’t till pick 36.

I’m hoping we gave Hombsch away for nothing knowing GC have agreed to do something with us re pick 3.

Ie:
5+15 for 3+24 (hypothetically speaking)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they are really targeting Rankine and think he will be a special player then give up 5 and 10 for 3. If not i think we get Rozee at 5, slim chance at Rankine. Dont think we'll choose Smith over Rozee if they're both there at 5. We don't get Smith at 10.

If they are really targeting Rankine and think he will be a special player then give up 5 and 10 for 3. If not i think we get Rozee at 5, slim chance at Rankine. Dont think we'll choose Smith over Rozee if they're both there at 5. We don't get Smith at 10.
I would take Smith over Rozee in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are underestimating the cost of trading pick 5 up from here.

It's going to cost a tonne to get to pick 3.

Probably picks 5 and 10, for pick 3 and 29

We ain't getting any higher unless it's at significant cost.

If we did that deal we would have to get the pick 29 or similar because if we didn't we would be left with 3,15 and 85. We took Billy Frampton at 84 but I would not be certain of any sort of player this time around. I am not sure if we still need to take three selections in the Draft these days. We would basically be throwing the bulk the 2018 Draft away for the sake of one player. I do not see the wisdom in that.

As things stand two hours before the end of proceedings we only have four picks in the draft 5,10,15,85. We have only two vacant slots on our list atm. If we decide not to use 85 that means we will only need to delist one player. We have Jake Neade, Trent McKenzie and Jackson Trengove who are not contracted. Who will go?

PS We may elevate a rookie with the 85 pick. If we did that we would have to delist two players.

Last edited:
When was the last time we had three picks in the top fifteen? When was the last time we had pick 5?

Rankine Lukosius and Rozee are outstanding SA kids and we will probably get one of them with 5. There are more players in the Draft than those three.

I would not go anywhere near the King twins because if we take one he will eventually want to return to Victoria to play with his brother.

NB Interesting that the AFL draft board has ranked the top 20 players and has Rankine at no5. I hope it works that out that way. They have also rated Jackson Hateley from Centrals at no 11 so we might have a shot at him.

Mates have a greater pull than family prehaps?
Success has a pretty good pull?
We take one King and get the other Wakelin later.

As things stand two hours before the end of proceedings we only have four picks in the draft 5,10,15,85. We have only two vacant slots on our list atm. If we decide not to use 85 that means we will only need to delist one player. We have Jake Neade, Trent McKenzie and Jackson Trengove who are not contracted. Who will go?

PS We may delist two of course and elevate a rookie with the 85 pick. If we did that we would have to delist two players.
For me Trengove stays he’s the best of the bad by a long way.

People are underestimating the cost of trading pick 5 up from here.

It's going to cost a tonne to get to pick 3.

Probably picks 5 and 10, for pick 3 and 29

We ain't getting any higher unless it's at significant cost.

This points-based shit needs to go imo.

I'd draft at 5 & 10 and take the chance of getting at least one, possibly two excellent to star players, than try to go up again and bet the farm on everything going right with 3 (with 29 a comparative shot in the dark).

Trading down from 3 (for 5 & 10) would happen in a heartbeat in the NFL.

For me Trengove stays he’s the best of the bad by a long way.

Yes I'd keep Trengove. Neade seems to be a favourite of Ken's but he could be delisted, take his chances in the Draft and be rookie listed if Ken wanted him that badly. Lienert could also stay on the Rookie List for another year but I like him and think he is worth an AFL deal on the senior list.

GC are saying they're probably taking 2, 3 and 6 to the draft

Part of me thinks "suck shit Crows"
Part of me thinks that sucks for us
Part of me thinks we'll do well taking 5, 10, 15 and 85 to the draft.

5 - Rozee or Rankine
10 - Hately, Caldwell or Collier-Dawkins
15 - Sturt, McLennan, Valente or Duursma
85 - Pudney

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back