List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's nothing wrong with Max King's kicking. Everyone is scarred by the Butcher experience and watches that one highlights tape. It was a very windy day and he's 203cm. You try kicking for goal on a windy day. Then try dropping the ball from the height he has to drop it from.

The technique is good. Plays a lot like Paul Salmon but has the build to be a formidable monster.

I can try kicking for goal on a windy day but I won't grow 30cm overnight. :p

It's good to know that his kicking is ok and only affected by the wind that day. We will keep you to that. ;)

What became of Jordan Butts? At 196cm he was touted as a KPD prospect last year and went undrafted.
Might have something to do with the name.
Hi Jordan, we'd like to draft you but we have a problem with your name.

I mean, seriously...... Jordan? We just got rid of a Jasper and a Jared.....

For the 100th time, no-one will trade out of the "Super 7"- no-one. It is possible to move up within the Super 7 but the gate is shut to outsiders.
If there’s a left field pick in the first 3 or 4 (don’t do it Port), then someone might be willing to go to another pick 10 or under, as a club May think the player they have an eye will be available still and get another pick as a bonus. I don’t think anyone will get that high using a pick outside 10, even with next years first.

Is 5, 10 and 15 for 3 and 6 realistic? Silly? Could ensure we get rankine and one of Rozee, king or Smith.
Maybe, BUT, the only problem with that is Gold Coast's list numbers

They currently have only two list vacancies, two players out of contract (Lonergan and Leslie), and five picks in the first two rounds of the draft, so even if those two are delisted, that's still one too many picks. If anything, they'll trade picks for future selections. My bet is that someone will trade their future first round pick for their pick 6,

It could be us, and that'd be ok.
St. Kilda seems a possibility, so they could draft Max and Ben King
Adelaide can't be ruled out.

Maybe, BUT, the only problem with that is Gold Coast's list numbers

They currently have only two list vacancies, two players out of contract (Lonergan and Leslie), and five picks in the first two rounds of the draft, so even if those two are delisted, that's still one too many picks. If anything, they'll trade picks for future selections. My bet is that someone will trade their future first round pick for their pick 6,

It could be us, and that'd be ok.
St. Kilda seems a possibility, so they could draft Max and Ben King
Adelaide can't be ruled out.

That makes sense. I feel like our future first and one of our this years firsts for 3 is a possible option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to trade in a future third with any trade of a future first. Whether it be beforehand with another club or with Gold Coast.

Talent is one thing but which players have the right attitude is just as important.

Is Rankine just going to be another Wingard that comes in and has 3 amazing years and then loses interest?

I want an ultimate pro, someone like Nick Riewoldt, Warren Tredrea, Nathan Buckley where you have this perfect mix of talent and intense desire to get the best out of themselves, with a strong will to win.
You want Smith then!
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-07/obsessed-mid-smith-rockets-into-top10-calculations

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back