Draft camp Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

YAKUZA said:
Because the information was given to me in confidence and I am not convinced that all the invitees have been informed therefore, unlike some ego trippers on this forum I am not prepared to post them on here.

Thats fair enough Yakuza, but can you tell me the number of WA boys invited to the camp than? Footyman guessed 13 boys, i would think it would be a little more??

Tiger12 said:
Thats fair enough Yakuza, but can you tell me the number of WA boys invited to the camp than? Footyman guessed 13 boys, i would think it would be a little more??

Footyman is correct, the thirteen that Ted38 named are correct. There are 20 named to attend the State Screening. I will name them tomorrow.

philhawk said:
Is he related to Tom Curry?
no but he is brothers with paul currie who is on the sydney rookie list
He is 200 cm with a very athletic body and good skills could easily get picked up this year bottom age

Draft Camp

Clint Benjamin
Nathan Krakouer
Eric McKenzie
Jarryd Morton
James Thomson -theres your boy yakuza
Brad ****
Leuneberger
Moss
Gumbleton
Hawksley
O'Brien
Reimers
Clayton Collard
Jetta

State Screening

Liam Bedford
Josh Hill
Liam Anthony
Jamie McNamara
Andrew McCarrey (Ex Eagle)
James Venturini
Shawn Colbung
Ben Howlett
Dane Ugle
Grae Grant
Brett Speldewinde
Brennan Stack
Sharrod Wellingham
Blake Broadhurst
Robert Forrest
Matt Virgo
Greg Broughton
Trent Dennis-Lane

Lingsface said:
Draft Camp

Clint Benjamin
Nathan Krakouer
Eric McKenzie
Jarryd Morton
Brad ****
Leuneberger
Moss
Gumbleton
Hawksley
O'Brien
Reimers
Clayton Collard
Jetta

State Screening

Liam Bedford
Josh Hill
Liam Anthony
Jamie McNamara
James Venturini
Shawn Colbung
Ben Howlett
Dane Ugle
Grae Grant
Brett Speldewinde
Brennan Stack
Sharrod Wellingham
Blake Broadhurst
Robert Forrest
Matt Virgo
Greg Broughton
Trent Dennis-Lane

You mean your boy. By the way you left two off the Screening list namely C.Wilson and D.D-ck.

Lingsface said:
yeah it was a joke because i know how much you dont rate him.

It wasn't so much a case of not rating him I just wasn't impressed with certain aspects of his game and also his character. I have no doubt that he could've made a contribution had he made the U18's providing he was used correctly unlike some of those who clearly weren't and he is a chance to get picked up. I know of one Club who is particularly interested.

where are you guys getting this info from??
if there is an article on it or something could you post it?
i cant find much at all even for draft camp/state screening invitees from other states.
cheers

McPhee said:
Robbie Gray didn't get invited down from Oakleigh. It was only DMAC and Smithy that got invited. Batsi played a blinda on the weekend and I though that both Robbie Gray and Batsi were really stiff not to get an invite there. Gray is a freak, plays like Kayne Pettifer and Batsanis is an elite midfielder, who's struggled with a few injuries this year. I also heard that both didn't even get a state screening. That might not be the case though.
Ive played footy against both these blokes,
while my mate played cricket with Robbie gray, and i played rep cricket with Batsi.
Batsi was a gun footballer when we played them, while i cant remember much about Gray as this is going back 3 years.

YAKUZA said:
I have no doubt that he could've made a contribution had he made the U18's providing he was used correctly unlike some of those who clearly weren't QUOTE]Glad others noticed that, I had also noticed some of the kids that played for Vic country were not played to their full advantage. Do you think this can hurt them in the selectors eyes if they don't do very well in the championships or are the selectors smart enough to realise that these kids can/have done a much better job during their season?

The Flying Belgian said:
Couldn't see this anywhere else, so I thought a thread on guys who've been invited to the draft camp would be appropriate. Post lists from a state or TAC U/18 club.

These are the Qld kids who've been invited:

David Armitage - 18 - 183 - 79 - Mackay/Morningside
Daniel Dzufer - 18 - 186 - 81 - Caloundra/Zillmere
Gavin Grose - 17 - 193 - 85 - Southport
Shaun Hampson - 18 - 201.5 - 93 - Mt.Gravatt
Haydn Kiel - 18 - 178 - 79 - Southport
Ricky Petterd - 18 - 184 - 77 - Broadbeach
Albert Proud - 17 - 179 - 80 - Mt.Gravatt
Brent Renouf - 18 - 199 - 92 - Southport
Chris Smith - 18 - 184 - 80 - Caloundra/Mt.Gravatt
Kurt Tippett - 19 - 199 - 98 - Southport
Gavin Urquhart - 18 - 186 - 78 - Rockhampton/Morningside
Ben Warren - 17 - 185 - 80 - Zillmere
Jesse White - 18 - 197 - 95 - Southport

In addition another seven will attend the state screening test:

Scott Clouston - 19 - 191 - 84 - Morningside
Brad Howard - 18 - 183 - 72 - Toowoomba/Redland
Rhys Magin - 17 - 182 - 69 - Noosa/Suncoast Lions
Adam Mueller - 18 - 187 - 73 - Redland
Simon Plummer - 17 - 192 - 82 - Mt.Gravatt
Shaun Tapp - 17 - 194 - 91 - Western Magpies
Tauryan Zimmer - 17 - 186 - 82 - Southport

Ben Warrens goin to draft camp but didnt play for QLD (think he might have benn injured) anyone know what hes like.......what chance does he have???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saintlynewby said:
YAKUZA said:
I have no doubt that he could've made a contribution had he made the U18's providing he was used correctly unlike some of those who clearly weren't QUOTE]Glad others noticed that, I had also noticed some of the kids that played for Vic country were not played to their full advantage. Do you think this can hurt them in the selectors eyes if they don't do very well in the championships or are the selectors smart enough to realise that these kids can/have done a much better job during their season?

I don't know about Vic C but it was certainly the case with WA. By selectors I presume you are referring to Recruiters, no they are smart enough and have seen enough of the kids to sum them up fairly accurately although I have yet to meet one who hasn't got it wrong!

YAKUZA said:
saintlynewby said:
I don't know about Vic C but it was certainly the case with WA. By selectors I presume you are referring to Recruiters, no they are smart enough and have seen enough of the kids to sum them up fairly accurately although I have yet to meet one who hasn't got it wrong!

Unlike the people who post on BF :p

brisbane1 said:
Ben Warrens goin to draft camp but didnt play for QLD (think he might have benn injured) anyone know what hes like.......what chance does he have???

not a star..has hieght and athletism. i dnt think he will get drafted this year..maybe nxt..played for qld in last eyars nab national u16 champs and didnt dominate watso ever..

Lingsface said:
Draft Camp

Clint Benjamin
Nathan Krakouer
Eric McKenzie
Jarryd Morton
Brad ****
Leuneberger
Moss
Gumbleton
Hawksley
O'Brien
Reimers
Clayton Collard
Jetta

State Screening

Liam Bedford
Josh Hill
Liam Anthony
Jamie McNamara
James Venturini
Shawn Colbung
Ben Howlett
Dane Ugle
Grae Grant
Brett Speldewinde
Brennan Stack
Sharrod Wellingham
Blake Broadhurst
Robert Forrest
Matt Virgo
Greg Broughton
Trent Dennis-Lane

A few suprises there. Liam bedford is a fast reasonably talented kid, but not draft material. A name i'm suprised is not on the list is Luke Nugent?? didn't get much of a chance at state champs but i saw potential? Maybe others just dont rate him?? Whats your opinion of this kid Lingface? No chance?

Tiger12 said:
A few suprises there. Liam bedford is a fast reasonably talented kid, but not draft material. A name i'm suprised is not on the list is Luke Nugent?? didn't get much of a chance at state champs but i saw potential? Maybe others just dont rate him?? Whats your opinion of this kid Lingface? No chance?
Shocked me that he didn't get at least Screening. Was poorly used at Champs and missed about 5 games after he returned due to a minor knee injury that he is getting fixed after season. He is playing in East Freo's colts team finals series and will possibly come up against Leuenberger. I remember during state trials when he gave Michael Gardiner a tough hit out and even Leuey was unimpressive against Gardy that night. Don't think too many 18 year olds would have any success against Gardiner but he took it to him.

Tiger12 said:
nah nugent and foster definitley deserved at least state screening.

If a kid isn't invited to the draft camp or screening there chances of being drafted or even rookie listed is near to none?? That is generally the trend? or is that a misconception?

Tiger12 said:
If a kid isn't invited to the draft camp or screening there chances of being drafted or even rookie listed is near to none?? That is generally the trend? or is that a misconception?

I can't recall the figures but yep. As near to none as makes no difference.

The exceptions are sometimes the State League players who a club might take late. Those guys are rarely at Draft Camp - although there is often 1 or 2 most years.

Probably the only chance left now for most non-invitees is to put togehter an eye-catching finals series. Lots of clubs really prize a guy who can put it all together in the biggest games.

you would think that those who are only attending a state screening would also have a very small chance or being drafted? not sure how things have gone in the past few drafts but would be interesting to know what chance, if any, these guys have.

Andrew McCarrey - An interesting one I find. What do you think Lingsface / Yak.

It's a no from me.

Broadhurst has kicked 45 goals ( I think) for Subi, but would be lucky to get a gig. Maybe a rookie listing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft camp Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back