Game Day Draft day 2022 - Its Here!! Live Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You really going to act that daft you can't get people prioritising addressing our midfield with our first 2 selections BEFORE taking the punt on a speculative Allan?

Think you'll find very few people on here were saying he's crap, just didn't want to spend either of our first 2 picks on him.

Soon as the Hewett pick got tucked away he would've been ideal.
Yeah it seems some on here think if you have a preference, it means you think anyone else is rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty bloody happy. Hewitt continues a long proud indigenous player group at West Coast. Welcome aboard Elijah. Havent been this happy since Liam Ryan. The indiggy boys make our club

In the absence of Keys I went down for a trundle this morning to check out the Eagles draft haul. Just a few random notes I took down...

• A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
  • Ginbey looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2023.
  • Hewett went up against Ginbey in the ruck contests and I'd say that Ginbey has the inside running at the moment.
  • Ginbey looked a class above the other midfielders bar Hewett. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. Ginbey was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Ginbey. Doesn't bode well for his captaincy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
  • Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Hewett looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Ginbey was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Hewett, I suppose.
  • Hewett kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
  • Hewett looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Ginbey in particular seemed to be following him around.
  • Gee Hewett has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
  • What interested me the most was that Ginbey split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2023. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Ginbey in a forward role.
  • Ginbey is very fast - Ginbey was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
  • Ginbey is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
  • There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Hewett, but I'm sure I was wrong...
  • Hewett was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
  • No sign of Hewett, Ginbey or Ginbey. Couldn't tell you why.

Will upload pics later if I have time. Let me know if you have any questions!

With Ginbey and Hewitt, really exciting to imagine our midfield round 1.

Probably something like

Kelly Gaff Sheed
Naitanui Shuey Yeo
Bench: O'Neill
Sub: Culley
Emg: Chesser, Ginbey, Hewitt
+ Hough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back