Draft picks off limits.Tarrant trade on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barra just said that Carlton are apparently all over Tarrant. Paul Connors [Tarrant's manager] was in talks with Steven Icke. How on earth could they pull that one, they just confirmed that they'll give pick 11 for McLean?

Carlton's second rounder and Steven Browne/Dennis Armfield would be the starting point. And if that was the case, I would definitely take Browne over Armfield. I think we could also probably squeeze out a swap of our fourth rounder for their third rounder too.

Pick 27 (Fyfe) + Pick 43 (Houghton) + Steven Browne for Chris Tarrant + Pick 52.

Let me start by saying some opinions on this board are that far off the mark its not funny.

The bagging of the likes of Peake, Thornton, Drum, Murphy, Campbell et al reek of little knowledge and immature attitudes.

All those mentioned above have given more to the Fremantle Football Club than all of you combined. It will always be that way. You'd best remember that.

The problem with today's AFL is that there is no real connection to the club, so though most comments are shite, I'll forgive you for that as rocking up once a week for your dough gives you that right.

As far as Tarrant, Drum and Peake go - I say trade them if they want to go and we get suitable compensation.

If that doesn't happen I have no doubt that they will commit 100% to bettering the FFC, just as they have done in the past few seasons.

They are professional, not snipers on a message board.

What a load of sanctimonious shite. However, it does beg a few questions. Please Catch 22, from your lofty position of greater knowledge and moral authority, let us know
- how have Peake and Drum have bettered the FFC in the last few seasons?
- have they done this out of altruism or because of what the FFC offers them?
- Is their commitment greater than ours, who pay our memberships every year, turn up for the games every weekend, cheer them on, suffer the misfortunes of our losses and defend our players and club against any who slander them, and finally,
- what would be suitable compensation for Tarrant, Peake and Drum.

Barra just said that Carlton are apparently all over Tarrant. Paul Connors [Tarrant's manager] was in talks with Steven Icke. How on earth could they pull that one, they just confirmed that they'll give pick 11 for McLean?

Meh.
Seems a little strange that Melbourne and Carlton would agree on terms for McLean before trade week. Unless Carlton have another trade in mind perhaps involving Yarran to Freo or WCE. Would not surprise, some talk that he is homesick, where there is smoke there is fire.

Where did you stop reading this time?

I read a little bit more and came across this:

"Is their commitment greater than ours, who pay our memberships every year, turn up for the games every weekend, cheer them on, suffer the misfortunes of our losses and defend our players and club against any who slander them"

The answer is a resounding yes. Yes they are more committed than you.

What a stupid thing to question.

I read a little bit more and came across this:

"Is their commitment greater than ours, who pay our memberships every year, turn up for the games every weekend, cheer them on, suffer the misfortunes of our losses and defend our players and club against any who slander them"

The answer is a resounding yes. Yes they are more committed than you.

What a stupid thing to question.

And pray tell us why? Will Drum be going to Freo games in 20 years? Will Peake be supporting the club with his feet and his hard earned? Freo offers them not only employment but the chance to fulfill their boyhood dreams and gain a measure of fame and fortune. They have to be committed to the task at hand, as anybody who wishes to succeed in anything must. Please, explain your reasoning rather than making an unsubstantiated statement and telling me my question is stupid.

By the way, haven't Tarrant, Peake and Drum asked for trades? I fail to see the commitment in wanting to leave the club.

They have to be committed to the task at hand.

And you're saying they're not. As do others on this forum.

I have no doubt they are.

I don't need to answer anything you ask.

Do you think Peake means to stuff up in games after training for months, doing strength and team meetings on the oppo all week? You reckon he does that to piss you off?

Do you reckon Campbell wanted Sandi to unfortunately knock him out when he finally got his chance after working his arse off down at the club and for West Perth? Let you down?

Do you reckon Murphy doesn't want to convert his WAFL form into AFL form? You reckon he just takes his money and prances around for South Fremantle?

You're a clown mate, a clown who reckons a couple of hundred bucks a year makes you an expert.

Clown.

Meh.

I smell bullshit. It would take a first rounder to persuade Harvey and Rosich to even think about it.

Post an oipinion and suddenly you're someone who disagreed with one of your opinions before hey boys?

Pat yourselves on the back as much as you want.

I am not Roundhouse but I have been reading this forum for a while (it was the DAB or DBG or whatever it was that prompted me to register) and I do know of who you speak.

Hounded out or banned wasn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're saying they're not. As do others on this forum.

I have no doubt they are.

I don't need to answer anything you ask.

Do you think Peake means to stuff up in games after training for months, doing strength and team meetings on the oppo all week? You reckon he does that to piss you off?

Do you reckon Campbell wanted Sandi to unfortunately knock him out when he finally got his chance after working his arse off down at the club and for West Perth? Let you down?

Do you reckon Murphy doesn't want to convert his WAFL form into AFL form? You reckon he just takes his money and prances around for South Fremantle?

You're a clown mate, a clown who reckons a couple of hundred bucks a year makes you an expert.

Clown.

Look mate, I'm sorry you can't cut it, but hey, move on. Abusing me and avoiding the issue doesn't help.

Carlton's second rounder and Steven Browne/Dennis Armfield would be the starting point. And if that was the case, I would definitely take Browne over Armfield. I think we could also probably squeeze out a swap of our fourth rounder for their third rounder too.

Pick 27 (Fyfe) + Pick 43 (Houghton) + Steven Browne for Chris Tarrant + Pick 52.
Hang on... let me get this straight...

a 29 year old + a 4th rounder for a 20 year old solid hard nut tough defender + 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder... dude stop being so generous... i think you can safely add Armfield too and i guess we dont need 3 number one picks, so one of murphy, gibbs or kruzer... + we don't have a first rounder so would brock mclean do?

I mean the one year service for the greatest ever footballer doesn't come cheap, does it?

Look mate, I'm sorry you can't cut it, but hey, move on. Abusing me and avoiding the issue doesn't help.

Jeebus. Do I have to go back two posts every time?

First bolded - funny stuff.

Second bolded - you raised commitment I gave appropriate examples.

Clown.

Armfield is a bit "meh" isn't he? We already have Broughton, deBoer and Crowley, how many battlers can you have in one team? I guess we can't be too picky though

I don't see how they can fit Tarrant's contract in with McLean joining also

Armfield is a bit "meh" isn't he? We already have Broughton, deBoer and Crowley, how many battlers can you have in one team? I guess we can't be too picky though

I don't see how they can fit Tarrant's contract in with McLean joining also

You dont think that something like a salary cap is going to stop carlton from getting their man do you? Flat out cheaters, just look at the Judd deal, come on. They will make it fit and they will get away with it.:mad::thumbsdown:

Gibson and Burgoyne to the Hawks and McLean to Carlton makes it unlikely that Tarrant will be traded.

I guess the Saints are still in the mix especially if Hawkins/Mooney kick a few this weekend.

Hang on... let me get this straight...

a 29 year old + a 4th rounder for a 20 year old solid hard nut tough defender + 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder... dude stop being so generous... i think you can safely add Armfield too and i guess we dont need 3 number one picks, so one of murphy, gibbs or kruzer... + we don't have a first rounder so would brock mclean do?

I mean the one year service for the greatest ever footballer doesn't come cheap, does it?

I'm not sure why I am actually bothering to reply....

But if the rumours of Carlton actively pursuing a contracted player in Tarrant are true, than you are going to have to pay the price. Clearly Carlton think they are only a key defender away from a Grand Final, so is a Grand Final worth giving up a fringe player and two picks for?

So I would suggest thinking before you post, and to take your attempts at humour somewhere else.

It does sound like the Blues are thinking their premiership window starts next year. Judd is not getting any younger. Tarrant would make huge sense in that context, but it is hard to see how they could make the trade happen. Bower?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft picks off limits.Tarrant trade on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back