Draftable players who didn't play at the championships

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe the biggest name is Joel Selwood.

Impressed last year in the TAC Cup but was to young to be drafted...was considered a top 5 pick this season but missed the Carnival and TAC Cup this season with injury, it'll be interesting to see where he goes....could have another Chris Judd situation on our hands.

cypher said:
In what round will Alex Lee be drafted?
This time last year Alex would probably have expected to be a second or third round draft selection at this years draft. Played the trial games for Vic Metro U/18's and played well as a first year player with Dandenong Stingrays. Kicked a couple of goals in the TAC Grand Final loss to Gippsland and was also selected in the AIS Academy Team.

Has struggled from that point on. Was inconvenienced with OP and only resumed playing with the Stingrays in late May. Has played 9 games and averaging just under 10 possessions and 3 marks a game. IMO he would need to show some dramatic improvement in the last 3 games to be selected in the draft. At the moment I would think a rookie selection at best.

Has probably played too many games over 2005/06 to be considered a chance to play TAC again next year as a 19 year old.

seen a few matches this season, liked the look of a rebels player, rohan mchugh.
not sure if he is in any recruiters eyes, but i liked the look of him.
agree joel selwood is probably the biggest name not to be in the championships, IMO will go a few places furthe down the order than expected due to injury concerns, etc.

matthew cambell, nick gill, lee reswick.. all playing for north adelaide seniors and under the age of 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rho McHugh- Rebals- After a strong finals campain last year( best on for rebals both games) opted to stay at rebals one more year hasn't set the world on fire this year but still could sneak under the radar..Possible Rookie List

Dream Boat said:
just on hayes - seeing he played metro last year. has he had any injuries or just lack of form that left him out of this years squad...
]
He has had a few problems which caused him to leave Eastern for a while and he was injured but he is back now and hopefully getting back to his best.

missionpossible said:
1 out of 3 isn't to bad

Matt Campbell - 19
Leigh Ryswyk - 21
Nick Gill - 23

Matt Campbell is too small I think.. Maybe Crows rookie list if anything because of the Crows lack of small crumbing forwards.

Leigh Ryswyk was on Brisbanes rookie list then he got elavted onto the senior list. From the games I've seen him play I don't think he is worth a place on both the rookie list or senior list.

Nick Gill would not be without a chance... Very athletic and can take a good grab.. COULD be worth a place on someone senior list but who would take him is the question?

what are your thoughts on Anthony Carlile being drafted this year, can play forward and back, and is very skilled when the ball hits the ground.
Is more versitile then his brother Alipate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draftable players who didn't play at the championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back