Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

And this is the thing.

You're viewing drag queens reading books as nefarious, but it likely isn't or rare, it IS more like your footy team trip.

Drag queen reading a book to kids, likely not there to 'sexually groom' or 'virtue signal inclusivity'. Likely paid entertainers with nothing sinister in mind.

But all you see is 'drag queen = sexuality, must be grooming kids sexually'

Same as footy trip dress up, not dressing up to fulfill a fantasy or to convert their team mates, just there to let some steam off at season end and have a bit of fun.
I’ve not once used the word “grooming” or “gay” or inferred “pedo” tendencies - the lefties have raised all 3

My issue is that children should be left to be children and adult concepts and anything that can create unnecessary confusion can wait until they are older

If that’s construed as an appallingly conservative opinion then so be it

I’ve raised my own children as boy and girls without this 5000 gender nonsense and they tuned out extremely well adjusted

Or when they're dressing up as kids or like you say a footy trip, a party, a stag do, a play at school, or even ahem to do Shirley Bassey at karaoke. Nearly everyone has done it and there's no harm or hidden agenda intended to it at all
Isn’t that what I just said ?

You said “Whereas most blokes at some point in their life drag up.” As if they’re donning a frock to shoot down to the shops.

Books such as

View attachment 1707978
surely are not necessary.

Children under 5 should only be concerned with things that affect under 5’s
Like Emma’s Yellow Bow and Where’s Spot
Are they reading these types of books exclusively?

And chalk up another straight question you're utterly incapable of providing a straight answer for.

Last edited:

IF drag queens reading books to kids with the intention of virtue signalling about inclusivity or worse grooming kids with sexual notions, then yeah that'd be definitely inappropriate and I'd be against that, as would most people. These are for adults, not for children of formative mind.
'Most' people would be against leveraging such events to teach their kids about in inclusivity/tolerance?

Yeeeaah not sure about that.

I’ve not once used the word “grooming” or “gay” or inferred “pedo” tendencies - the lefties have raised all 3
That's because you keep dancing round the edges making vague (yet still pretty clear imo) inferences.

You've asked the question of others enough, any time you'd actually like to tell us what your thoughts are as to why these events exist go right ahead.

Are they reading these types of books exclusively?

And chalk up another straight question you're utterly incapable of providing a straight answer for.
Another fail
I never said they were exclusively reading these types of books did I ?

But you could have looked it up yourself
None of these titles are familiar to me

IMG_5703.jpeg IMG_5704.jpeg

Randomly googled 1 title

That's because you keep dancing round the edges making vague (yet still pretty clear imo) inferences.

You've asked the question of others enough, any time you'd actually like to tell us what your thoughts are as to why these events exist go right ahead.
I never used those words and I believe I made my point crystal clear here

You struggle with this don’t you

My issue is that children should be left to be children and adult concepts and anything that can create unnecessary confusion can wait until they are older

I’ve raised my own children as boy and girls without this 5000 gender nonsense and they tuned out extremely well adjusted

'Most' people would be against leveraging such events to teach their kids about in inclusivity/tolerance?

He also said most people would be against “grooming kids with sexual notions”

Er yeah

Most people but not you

Another fail
I never said they were exclusively reading these types of books did I ?

But you could have looked it up yourself
None of these titles are familiar to me

View attachment 1708043View attachment 1708047

Randomly googled 1 title
lol. So, so angry :tearsofjoy:

I know you didn't say that, I was asking a question. I sure don't know what books they're reading.

What did you look up mate, what was the search term? Before you fly off the handle again I just want to know what I'm looking at here in the top section of the image - is it a program or schedule? A list of recommendations? What?

I never used those words and I believe I made my point crystal clear here

You struggle with this don’t you
Yep, I'm sure you believe a lot of things :tearsofjoy:

To quote a wise man
Clearly you have comprehension issues
Another fail
I know you never used those words, genius. And no, at no point have you ever declared in clear simple terms what you think the motivation is of those putting on these events. Nor will you, which is kinda telling.

He also said most people would be against “grooming kids with sexual notions”

Er yeah

Most people but not you
Once again
Clearly you have comprehension issues
Note the parts of his post I bolded, in conjunction with the use of the 'or' operator.

As I'd hoped would be obvious, thats the part of the post I was replying to. I'll try to dumb it down a bit more next time for your exclusive benefit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I'm sure you believe a lot of things :tearsofjoy:

To quote a wise man

I know you never used those words, genius. And no, at no point have you ever declared in clear simple terms what you think the motivation is of those putting on these events. Nor will you, which is kinda telling.
Then why do you keep laboring the point if you know ?
And
Yea
I did
I even requoted my post
The web page was shown in the screen shot but you are clearly limited so here- I’ll help you out

Knock yourself out

Last edited:
Once again

Note the parts of his post I bolded, in conjunction with the use of the 'or' operator.

As I'd hoped would be obvious, thats the part of the post I was replying to. I'll try to dumb it down a bit more next time for your exclusive benefit.
Maybe you should try quoting
Your post did not preclude the “grooming” issue.
Maybe take the time to do it properly - posting when you’re overwrought leaves you “hoping” people don’t think you’re in favour of grooming

Anyway
You are hard work
Repeating myself and providing links that you CBF looking up

So I’ll leave you with your word salad posts and let others decipher and help you along with quoting etc

Last edited:
Then why do you keep laboring the point if you know ?
And
Yea
I did
I even requoted my post
Yes, you requoted your post in which you mumble something about children should be left to be children and stuff that may cause confusion can wait until they are older.

I don't want to get into the whole syntax and machinations of the english language with you, but if you re-read your post you may notice that nowhere in it are any musings about what the motivation or intent is of the people who put on such events. Or not lol.

The web page was shown in the screen shot but you are clearly limited so here- I’ll help you out

Knock yourself out

Thanks!

So, a list of recommendations from organisers in San Francisco focused on explaining exactly why the man reading the story at the event kids are attending might be wearing a dress, in amongst similar outrageous affronts to literature and civility such as And Tango Makes Three, This Day in June and I Am Jazz.

The horror :tearsofjoy:

Maybe you should try quoting
Your post did not preclude the “grooming” issue.
Maybe take the time to do it properly - posting when you’re overwrought leaves you “hoping” people don’t think you’re in favour of grooming

Anyway
You are hard work
Repeating myself and providing links that you CBF looking up

So I’ll leave you with your word salad posts and let others decipher and help you along with quoting etc
Look mate I already said I'll dumb it down for your exclusive benefit next time. Not sure tunneling under that particular bar is even possible but I'll give it a red hot crack :tearsofjoy:

Totes agree, and I think most people would share this sentiment.

Again, drag queens reading kids books to kids is not exposing them to adult concepts, you give the impression you believe that drag queens reading books to kids IS doing that.

Are you able to confirm this is your implication?

In the real world yeah, obviously not here on srp bf, because leveraging to teach about inclusivity/tolerance is NOT for lil kiddies of formative mind.

Kindy kids don't give a flying about 'being inclusive and tolerant', they're of formative mind, they just wanna be entertained and play with their toys, they're not concerned about adult things like advocating for tolerance / inclusivity - that's for later in life.

Values/judgement call, completely subjective.

I'm sure people who do choose to attend these events would consider many things hardcore conservatives engage their children in 'wrong' as well.
Ummm no, we're talking about adult concepts, advocating for minority groups is NOT a space for toddlers to be educated about.

Totes agree, and I think most people would share this sentiment.

Again, drag queens reading kids books to kids is not exposing them to adult concepts, you give the impression you believe that drag queens reading books to kids IS doing that.

Are you able to confirm this is your implication?
I don’t know how much clearer I can be

I feel there is no need to create issues with children under 5 by confusing them with any of this.

I feel there is no need to create issues with children under 5 by confusing them with any of this.
So you do believe that drag queens reading kids books to kids is at best advocating for tolerance of a minority group, at worst exposing kids to adult sexuality.

Glad we cleared that up.

Do you think that if as a child you had attended a drag queen story time event, you would be more accepting of diversity and have a more open mind?

You will start getting targeted ads now.

Algorithm is gonna mess with you.
I don't think it would change any existing algorithm.

Anyone who thinks drag queens is a sexualized experience by definition finds drag queens sexual.

Another Ted Haggard type, most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back