Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Youngsters twerking, drag queens making suggestive movements
… no
I won’t
That doesn't sound like a DQST.

Aware of a few isolated events like this - we discussed one in another thread awhile back, where the info on the event was along the lines of "children can attend with parents but if you wouldn't let your child see an R rated movie this isn't the event for you".

Not something I'd support but parents let their kids see shit that many others wouldn't approve of every day ¯\(ツ)

As previously asked - what is the motive and if it is for children to have “story time “ why don’t these men present as men ?
As previously answered

I mean.. what other demographic would you expect be into library story time? They do comparable work with other demographics, a point which you were pretty dismissive of despite you being the one to bring it up in the first place (looking forward to your answer to my question above).

For some they would probably see it as a normalisation/reducing discrimination effort, ie. getting to the kids before they're influenced by external factors into forming negative views about LGBTQ stuff. For others I suspect its just a paying gig as dogsfan mentioned.
At some stage you probably need to address the counter points being offered as opposed to just la la la-ing with your fingers in your ears.

Pretty sure you don't know the definition of 'virtue signalling'

One would virtue signal in support of drag queens.

Opposing drag queens is not 'virtue signalling against'

Conservative virtues. He wants them installed everywhere. That’s why he is against drag queens.

He is virtue signalling.

I can answer that, I don't think kids of formative mind should be exposed to anything adult.

That includes anything sexual, political (in this discussion, virtue signalling).
Personally I'd probably agree, but in the end its up to the respective parents.

I also don't think a bloke in makeup is inherently sexual, and the people trying shut these events down are clearly making it more political than those putting them on (not to mention displaying a fashy tendency to enforce their values on others).

Again
You choose to insult rather than answer a valid question
Just answer his question instead of inferring he doesn’t know
Beginning to think YOU don’t know
Simply amazing posting and self-awareness here mate :tearsofjoy:

This from a bloke who still can't give us a straight answer on if children shouldn't know drag queens exist whatever the context despite being directly asked the question 3 times :drunk:

Pretty sure you don't know the definition of 'virtue signalling'

One would virtue signal in support of drag queens.

Opposing drag queens is not 'virtue signalling against'
Dunno. If such is your virtue that you oppose drag queen story time, you can signal your virtue by opposing it. Letting others know your opposition IS the signal.

Simply amazing posting and self-awareness here mate :tearsofjoy:

This from a bloke who still can't give us a straight answer on if children shouldn't know drag queens exist whatever the context despite being directly asked the question 3 times :drunk:
I can ask why should children under 5 be saddled with gender fluidity issues ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can ask why should children under 5 be saddled with gender fluidity issues ?
Sure can. You're great at asking questions, just not so good at answering them.

I'll have one more crack though - can you explain why children knowing drag queens exist = they now have gender fluidity issues?

Its like you think they'll just absorb 'drag' or 'gay' via osmosis or something :drunk:

Personally I'd probably agree, but in the end its up to the respective parents.

I also don't think a bloke in makeup is inherently sexual, and the people trying shut these events down are clearly making it more political than those putting them on (not to mention displaying a fashy tendency to enforce their values on others).
Doesn't make it right, consequences of free society I guess.

I'll have one more crack though - can you explain why children knowing drag queens exist = they now have gender fluidity issues?

Its like you think they'll just absorb 'drag' or 'gay' via osmosis or something :drunk:

Books such as

IMG_5701.jpeg
surely are not necessary.

Children under 5 should only be concerned with things that affect under 5’s
Like Emma’s Yellow Bow and Where’s Spot

They aren’t horses either, yet here you are with the saddle reference.

Maybe we should ban superhero stories, so the kids don’t think they have super powers?
Chances are most kids realise they won’t ever be Superman

And unless you know of a being that can transform mere mortals into superheroes your premise is flawed

Attachments

• IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Dunno. If such is your virtue that you oppose drag queen story time, you can signal your virtue by opposing it. Letting others know your opposition IS the signal.
Then 'virtue' is subjective, spose you're right.'My virtue vs your virtue'

In the context of this discussion on these pages though, considering that drag queens reading kids books to kids for the purposes of educating kids that it's a virtue to be inclusive of drag queens, then yeah opposing that is not 'virtue signalling against'.

Personally, I think it's not appropriate to 'virtue signal' to kindy kids to push your own agenda and groom them to 'think like me, coz I'm right and they're wrong'.

In any case I don't think there's some sort of conspiracy to use drag queens to push agenda though. Nothing nefarious going on, and the fear is hyperbolic and naive at best and at worst argued against in bad faith.

Anyway I think we're getting off topic.

Conservative virtues. He wants them installed everywhere. That’s why he is against drag queens.

He is virtue signalling.
'Conservative' virtue is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm more than certain you wouldn't view anything conservative as 'virtuous'.

We're getting off topic here Ghosty.

Books such as

View attachment 1707978
surely are not necessary.

Children under 5 should only be concerned with things that affect under 5’s
Like Emma’s Yellow Bow and Where’s Spot
Kids know drag queens exist, what they likely don't know or give a sh*t about is the sexuality or any (if there is any) virtue signalling.

Whilst I agree that IF this book is something that drag queens read to kids is inappropriate, I don' think they'll understand it anyway, and I seriously doubt this is widespread and very much an exception and not the rule.

IF drag queens reading books to kids with the intention of virtue signalling about inclusivity or worse grooming kids with sexual notions, then yeah that'd be definitely inappropriate and I'd be against that, as would most people. These are for adults, not for children of formative mind.

But there's nothing to suggest there is a widespread conspiracy to do so.

Most ????
Maybe for a party or footy trip

Not sure my circle of acquaintances is anything like yours though
And this is the thing.

You're viewing drag queens reading books as nefarious, but it likely isn't or rare, it IS more like your footy team trip.

Drag queen reading a book to kids, likely not there to 'sexually groom' or 'virtue signal inclusivity'. Likely paid entertainers with nothing sinister in mind.

But all you see is 'drag queen = sexuality, must be grooming kids sexually'

Same as footy trip dress up, not dressing up to fulfill a fantasy or to convert their team mates, just there to let some steam off at season end and have a bit of fun.

Most ????
Maybe for a party or footy trip

Not sure my circle of acquaintances is anything like yours though
Or when they're dressing up as kids or like you say a footy trip, a party, a stag do, a play at school, or even ahem to do Shirley Bassey at karaoke. Nearly everyone has done it and there's no harm or hidden agenda intended to it at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back