Multiplat Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Remove this Banner Ad

Titled changed from Dreadwolf to The Veilguard with a reveal on June 11.

pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good

pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good pls be good

That it's Bioware, my first thought is "the devs probably got told 16 hours ago to make it, meanwhile the board decided to change the name whilst not changing any merch or media and it's now less than a week for the devs to make a 15 minute spot".

As they are known these days for mad mismanagement and time crunch situations.

It's been a decade since they botched the last entry as they stupidly decided to swap and change the ME and DA teams around so both Inquisition and Andromeda could fail launch and they could slowly kill both of their flagship series at the same time to slowly recover ME.

I have faith the devs know what they're doing and how to get there, I have almost zero faith Bioware can get there with them. This is their Duke Nukem Forever for me for Dragon Age, and I liked Inquisition, my Qunari brought carbonated beverages and summarily pissed off an elf god for ruining clean drinking water which is why everyone meets at the tavern.

If this is going ot be a combat spot, I am goign to be very worried as they usually do nice combat if a little odd handling, it's the rest of it they have issues with.

Disappointed by that trailer.

Hopefully the gameplay reveal will give me something to get excited for. Loved the original, appreciated what 2 was trying (and for the most part failing) to do but the stories I've read about the development sound like hell on earth so I understand why it is the way it is. Enjoyed Inquisition once I realised you're supposed to leave the starting area ASAP.

The cartoony graphics and overall cheesiness of the trailer don't fill me with a lot of hope. Dragon Age: Marvel Edition :(

Hope it turns out good. The YouTube comments are pretty damning.

I enjoyed Inquisition but I feel after playing BG3, this game won't have a hope in hell.

This game doesn't have a chance in hell

Its like Britney Spears trying to open the Beatles

There's a chance, it's about as much as Bioware getting their shit together, so very minimal and highly unlikely, but it still exists...

When you have the whole "Scout Harding is nice, everything else is kind of trash" commentary, it just doesn't look good is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like an eternity for this franchise to get another installment, just wish I was young again to have the disposable time to replay the previous titles to remember what is going on.

If this is as big as inquisition I'm not sure I'll get to the end of it, even back then I couldn't find the time to get into the DLC (apparently the trespasser one was epic). Maybe I'll wack the game on easy mode and speed run.

The gameplay snippet looks good though - but like others said, the trailer looked a bit too arcadey.

Until they show things like the skill trees and mid-game combat those sorts of trailers still aren't revealing much. It still looks like an action game. I'm getting DA Inquisition and ME Andromeda vibes again but I'm still willing to keep an open mind and just have to accept that it is a different genre of RPG since Origins. Then again it's also not the same Bioware so I guess that's to be accepted.

Edit: there is a bit more on their blog that wasn't included in the video. I'm assuming this is where we'll see more of these sorts of updates.

Last edited:
Not impressed at all by the combat. Movement looks floaty, it seems to have move assist issues with how the player character snaps to targets, and the animations are pointlessly flashy. It looks like the sort of action combat system you'd expect from a developer that's never made a proper action game. With that said, it's not as though any Dragon Age game has had a good combat system. If they nail the stuff I care about (mainly choices, characters, and a well thought out setting), then I'll probably enjoy it. Ditching Inquisition's lifeless open world zones in favour of a mission-based structure is certainly a step in the right direction.

Have yet to watch the gameplay trailer (weekend plan) but from what I've read if you were hoping for Dragon Age: Origins 2 you'll be disappointed, but if you like the idea of fantasy Mass Effect 2, then you'll probably like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back