Multiplat Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Remove this Banner Ad

While everyone is sharing their opinions of DA2, mine is I blame Mass Effect. DA2 was trying to create a fantasy game out of Mass Effect. Bioware came from CRPGs and Origins was their first fantasy game post D&D games and the DNA was still there. Origins marks the end of the classic RPG era of Bioware that brought us things like BG and NWN and as good as ME was it was the moment they changed direction. ME was a hit and ME2 refined that and Dragon Age's fate was sealed.

On my end, and I am in a video at a smallish Geelong LAN that a friends brother ran as saying: "GetF- EA" ampngst about a hundred or so people, as the start of the downfall of Bioware. Later as their promos grew it was "EA: Eat my Ass" for "in the game" as they just kill creativity for mass produced deadlines and rehashing assets.

ME deserves to be held up on high, that OG trilogy was OG, beautiful Bioware deciding "We're comfortable woith RPG, let's try action" to start that development. That was their ideas, that was their stories, that was what they wanted since console went otherwise on a first attempt so stick with PC was dcecided.

Dragon Age, Dragon Age was Bioware Mythics magnum opus, so EA hadn't fully stuck the talons in but they had started, so creativeity could still arise and people could still tell a story. Thus, DA:O exists.

It's then a testament to those two entities originally to have such longstanding and generally well thought out multiple games in those franchises, it's just, and the reason I blame EA primarily. As you go along those options, as you progress;

Things are slightly more rushed.
Things are slightly less populated, less defined, there's less time spent on things.
There's just less, creeping out of the games in question.

That's not original Bioware deciding to pivot to action and spawning the Mass Effect universe, that's not Bioware Mythic going "What about dragoins and setting it in an age?" that's Ea going "I like this, make it faster, larger with less people and money plz".

So EA deserve that hate, and it's alsocore to why I give a pass to those that don't like DA:2, as that's just not original Bioware sadly, that's one already on decline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back