Draw Statistics

Remove this Banner Ad

Havent read the thread , but what would the record number of draws be , between 2 clubs and at the one particular ground

Ess v Geel at the Essendon ground , i can count at least 3 and there might be more

Havent read the thread , but what would the record number of draws be , between 2 clubs and at the one particular ground

Ess v Geel at the Essendon ground , i can count at least 3 and there might be more

It looks as though Essendon and Geelong actually played 4 draws at Windy Hill, in 1952, 1964, 1969 and 1987.
South Melbourne and Carlton also played in 4 draws at one venue, the Lake Oval, in 1914, 1921, 1952 and 1967.
Carlton and Essendon have played 4 draws at the MCG, in 1993, 2006, 2011 and 2014.

What do people think of the idea of playing both teams' songs after a draw? I think we get used to a particular sense of atmosphere when watching a game. When the final siren sounds we are used to hearing the winner's song and with a draw we do not get a song. When watching the end of a neutral game it can be interesting to observe the players' interactions and the way the crowd celebrate while the music plays, even with a one-sided affair. With a drawn game, why not play the home team's song first, just the once, and then the away team's song, again once only.

There is only one answer:

Remove this Banner Ad

Draw Statistics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back