Competitions Dreamteam/Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else considering Betts or OhAilpin in their teams this year? I reckon both will up their output from last year making them good value for money !! Are they a good idea or not?

I think you're on a good thing with O'hailpin but it's just my opinion. Available as a fwd or back and he's very cheap - He's in my team I expect him to have a bit of a breakout season - started looking great last year til Fev ran through him then he wasn't the same again. Had some sort of fitness worry (blood clots) not sure whether he's 100% over that but I'm taking a punt - and it's supercoach!

I think there are better options than Betts who I class as inconsistent, although some reports suggest he's fitter than ever maybe he will be more consistent in 2010. Hard to know how he'll go without Fev next to him.

i agree ohalpin will step up his game this year. he will be getting heaps of quality ball delivered. not sure he is the kind of player that can score close to 90-100 each week though.

im expecting a breakout season from mitch robinson who is definately capable to 100pt games (contested footy, tackling, goals are big SC point scorers and thats what he's all about).

Expect Walker to increase his value by at least 150-200k also.

hard to find too many other carlton players that will improve significantly from last year though. Jarrad Waite may be a good buy if you take a medium to long term view. He is unlikely to fire in the first month.

What are the expectations of Yarran this year?

Highly rated, but yet to have much effect on games. In SC is priced nicely but is he likely to stay in the side?

What is his role to be this year - small forward crumber backing up Betts or will he move up the ground more?

hey just wondering what role heath scotland has played in the nab challenge games? he got 40 last week was that due to reduced game time does anyone know? what role will he play this year? also, any chance of him being dropped again like last year?

thanks

hey guys,
was wondering if Kane Lucas is looking likely for some games this year. Choosing between him and Ben Howlett for my final midfield bench position.

What are the expectations of Yarran this year?

Highly rated, but yet to have much effect on games. In SC is priced nicely but is he likely to stay in the side?

What is his role to be this year - small forward crumber backing up Betts or will he move up the ground more?

Yarran will be given every opportunity. Expect him to play at least the first ten games, barring injury. Expect him to do some freakish things. Do not expect him to score massive fantasy points..... not yet.

Don't. Apart from Warnock, Scotland, Betts and Robinson there is very little value to be had.
What about Carrazzo? He's a smokey in my side at the moment.

Does anyone know if Carrazzo will continue playing the role of tagging an opposition forward or if he will play midfield and rack up the points?

From an outsider's perspective, I'd say the answer is that he's likely to play a multitude of roles depending on the team requirements on any given week.

Ratten rates Carrazzo's team first ethos and reading of the play and is often one of the first to be handed a negating run-with role. He was assigned a forward tagging role on Kennelly in the NAB cup, so it's probably a reasonable indicator that he'll be given similar jobs during the year.

Don't think he'll average 100, but he's a proven ball winner and IMO still represents value in DT.

What's the problem with Waite?
He score 50 in a half of footy last practice match. Pretty cheap. Why isnt anyone getting him?
Do you think he will play forward this year because that would probably lower his scores?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going into my first Supercoach this year.

Of the Carlton boys I have: Gibbs & Kreuzer on the ground and Warnock and Lucas as emergencies.

Feeling a bit bad for not being able to get Robbo into the system though and may have to revisit it before season commencement.

I'm not going to invest into Murphy and Waite for the fact they may not be up to speed just yet.

Any other recommendations guys?

What's the problem with Waite?
He score 50 in a half of footy last practice match. Pretty cheap. Why isnt anyone getting him?
Do you think he will play forward this year because that would probably lower his scores?

Didn't notice he's coming off a knee-reconstruction? :confused:

Will Robinson play 22 games barring injury??

If so where will he play?

Yep - Mitch has been one of our biggest improvers this preseason. Expect him to play all 22 if he stays fit, which is always a slight worry for someone that throws his body around as often as he does. He'll be patrolling the half forward line.

Didn't notice he's coming off a knee-reconstruction? :confused:

Yep - Mitch has been one of our biggest improvers this preseason. Expect him to play all 22 if he stays fit, which is always a slight worry for someone that throws his body around as often as he does. He'll be patrolling the half forward line.

Haven't seen too much of the blues in the pre-season. Has Robinson been playing across half forward for the majority of the NAB games?

Hey Guys, I had Kruezer in my side all pre season until i saw that playing permanant fwd might not help his DT output. But just reading in article where Rattan states "he will resist the urge to play him fwd after a recent performance on the ball against Adelaide" . This has re ignighted my interest in him as a DT player, what do u guys reckon? will he stay mainly on the ball this season? i think Rattan sees this as his best position.
http://sportal.com.au/news-display/kreuzer-on-the-ball-87518

Hey Guys, I had Kruezer in my side all pre season until i saw that playing permanant fwd might not help his DT output. But just reading in article where Rattan states "he will resist the urge to play him fwd after a recent performance on the ball against Adelaide" . This has re ignighted my interest in him as a DT player, what do u guys reckon? will he stay mainly on the ball this season? i think Rattan sees this as his best position.
http://sportal.com.au/news-display/kreuzer-on-the-ball-87518

I've had Kruezer in my team all pre-season so I've been wondering about this myself. It's taken all four weeks for me to be sure, but I'm confident he'll play as Carlton's number 1 ruck this season. He'll have spurts up forward like he always does, but clearly he benefits the side greatest when he's playing on ball.

Prospects of Bower and Russell for improvement this year in DT? Russell especially has been putting up good numbers but I rate Bower as a rebounding defender perfect for DT...

Also can we read much into Yarran's DT scores so far this pre-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Dreamteam/Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back