Drug Use Rampant in AFL (especially at the Weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Rule was in Perth for 2 weeks researching this supposed article. Quite simply he refused to get involved closer to home about it. Too much bias, especially leaving Victorian clubs out of it. I know one of his sources hasnt even been at the club in this century yet he quotes it alot.

Andrew Rule was in Perth for 2 weeks researching this supposed article. Quite simply he refused to get involved closer to home about it. Too much bias, especially leaving Victorian clubs out of it. I know one of his sources hasnt even been at the club in this century yet he quotes it alot.

I thought Carlton was a Victorian club....

It annoys the crap out of me when I keep hearing about all this sh*t.

As if every other club is perfect.

He should've named the article - "let sh*t on the Eagles". Its not half obvious how biased the article is.

"ELITE footballers are young, rich and often act as if they are above the law, but they are not invincible". <-- the only non biased comment in the whole article and it was the first line.

Ahh well at least I have something to make me feel better..

0526140100.jpg

I hope like hell the guy supplying the drugs isn't also a sponsor of some description.

Otherwise it could be argued that he is supplying a benefit to the players and with the price of gear nowadays - that could be putting us well over the salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only because our players have been dumb enough to run from cops and smash up taxi drivers.
pretty much. But that also suggests they're going harder or not coping with it properly. I suspect there's a fair bit of arrogance going around too.

I know people who are no different to these guys and don't have a problem with them. I don't even have a real problem with the players except "come on guys, you're in the spotlight, you know it, and you als know it brings bad publicity, so tone it down a bit because you really are starting to look like arrogant tools"

A couple of points

how come they haven't been caught yet more often? only one of our players has tested positive twice (and i don't believe the cr@p about masking agents - if the chinese economy can't find a way to mask drugs undetected in their swimmers - I doubt a two bit drug dealer can)

secondly - re: the above - I have seen a few of the boys out and one look at their pupils tells a story itself. So why haven't they tested +ve
more often?

thirdly - we do seem to be the worst - however I don;'t think we stand alone in this issue?

fourthly - i personally don't consider it cheating as it hardly helps our onfield performances.

lastly - how long do you give this thread?

Classic ..its Victorian media .. Victorian clubs are do it worse.

You missed the coverage on Tarrant and Johsona and the hysterical big footy board afterwards.

Its is an issue at all clubs but appears much worse at WCE. Lets face it , in terms of trouble , WCE are the deserved premiers on ( well done on the flag ) and off the field.

Keep your head in that soft beautiful West Aussie beach sand.

Stop treating these guys like demi-gods. What if Ben Cousins or Mr Gradriner had caused an accident in their cars within your immediate family how would you feel then. Running from a booze bus is simply running away from accountability in life. These guys are bigger than Jesus in WA.

What are these all these AFL guys going to do when the spotlight and careers end , that a very worrisome issue.

Guys like Chris Judd and Dean Cox and others class acts deserve much better

In the meantime , I feel like lunch. Goldfish sounds tatsty.

Guys like Chris Judd and Dean Cox and others class acts deserve much better

In the meantime , I feel like lunch. Goldfish sounds tatsty.

funny you should say that about Judd - he does seem the type to avoid all the drug furore.

Not sure why - star player, glamour chick, adored by millions - would have though coke would be up his alley - but so far seems to have resisted the vices around him

funny you should say that about Judd - he does seem the type to avoid all the drug furore.

Not sure why - star player, glamour chick, adored by millions - would have though coke would be up his alley - but so far seems to have resisted the vices around him

Say what. Judd and Kerr are best friends of the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Drug Use Rampant in AFL (especially at the Weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back