Drug Use Rampant in AFL (especially at the Weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a 'vicious' rumour that it was not only rife at the eagles but the older ones "initiated" draftees into the practice.

I'd not be surprised if any player was sanctioned by the AFL, that they launched a counter suit as the AFL practices introduced them to drugs in the first place.

It could get very ugly...

PS of course theoretically all clubs would be as bad. Hawthorn shared a training ground with weightlifters for years and they would have had to be very diligent to avoid their dubious practices transferring over.

This demands a thorough investigation. If true the Eagles management must face extremely heavy fines, intervention and disenfranchisement by the AFL. Anything less makes a travesty of the AFL drugs policy.

Lol - sorry but this is laughable. These actions would cripple the comp.

Name some companies outside mining.

ps watch the mouth

Source please.

I'm not about to name the company, though I know the company my brother works for has randomw drug and alcohol testing. He works in and around shipping containers, on the port.

Name some companies outside mining.

ps watch the mouth

Source please.

Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Chevron, Geoservices, Apache Energy, Ensco, Sedco, Global Santa Fe, Woodside, Conoco Phillips, Esso, Maersk and Schlumberger are all companies that I have been involved with outside of mining who have a zero tolerance policy and test employees off site.

My previous boss lost his job for failing a urine test at head office. No heavy machinery there, and he never went to site visits. The company tested everyone randomly, regardless of whether they might be involved in using machinery or whatever.

I might add that I have had 'gross misconduct' clauses in my contracts and have seen this used to sack people who 'brought the company into disrepute' out of work hours. I'm sure that the AFL has similar clauses regarding bringing the game into disrepute.

If the allegations of a cover up are true, then what action would you like the AFL to take?

The single stupidest post ive ever read. You honestly think Nisbett is slipping players some covering agents to keep the club clean. Wow your sad

The single stupidest post ive ever read. You honestly think Nisbett is slipping players some covering agents to keep the club clean. Wow your sad

Calm down sweetie and have another read.

The first word in my post is.

..If..

And I am not the one making the allegations.

Andrew Rule the journalist is.

If the allegations of a cover up are true, then what action would you like the AFL to take?

Oh I don`t know - probably public stoning - maybe a flogging or two. Beheading anyone.

Sheesh - the drama queens on this board are really starting to get out of control.

Very unusual article in that it really is rumour based with no 'facts' quoted outside what we already know (kerr, counsins etc).

It is almost like the Age wants to be sued in court so they can be 'forced' to disclose sources etc. Drugs are a problem in society, footballers are part of that society, how many people do you work with who hit drugs on the weekend? The view seems to be that as long as it does not effect their performance than no problems. Footballers seem to get the same approach from their clubs. Only difference is they have the money to use a lot more (if they want to).

Until society changes its view, you can't blame footballers for being part of it.

Calm down sweetie and have another read.

The first word in my post is.

..If..

And I am not the one making the allegations.

Andrew Rule the journalist is.

Point me to the sentence where Rule says Nisbett is involved. Please

Oh I don`t know - probably public stoning - maybe a flogging or two. Beheading anyone.

Sheesh - the drama queens on this board are really starting to get out of control.

Taking that answer in to consideration. It is perfectly obvious who the drama queens are in this debate.

Very, very precious drama queens at that!

It was a reasonable question, how about a reasonable answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unusual article in that it really is rumour based with no 'facts' quoted outside what we already know (kerr, counsins etc).

It is almost like the Age wants to be sued in court so they can be 'forced' to disclose sources etc.

Certainly appears that way.

The article is up.
The article is pulled.
The article is up under a different title.
The article is pulled.

Very strange goings on.

The article is up.
The article is pulled.
The article is pulled.

Very strange goings on.

Thought this was common sense by now. Paper being sued by a club would do great business. In the end of things they would make money not lose it from going to court id say

Well if it isnt Nisbett whose doing the covering up

How the bloody hell would I know??

Ring up Rule and ask him yourself.

All I was asking was, that if the allegations are true then what course of action should the AFL take?

Some of you guys need to take a deep breath and have a look at the issue instead of blindly going on the defensive.

Thought this was common sense by now. Paper being sued by a club would do great business. In the end of things they would make money not lose it from going to court id say

So The Age and Rule would willingly and deliberately leave themselves open to a defamation and slander case!!

Ohh paalleeeese!

So The Age and Rule would willingly and deliberately leave themselves open to a defamation and slander case!!

Ohh paalleeeese!

Did you read that article. You could get sued in a second for that if anyone wanted to go ahead with the case. Doubt they will though. Quite simply for clubs like West Coast, sueing them isnt worth the effort and the time put into it.

Did you read that article. You could get sued in a second for that if anyone wanted to go ahead with the case. Doubt they will though. Quite simply for clubs like West Coast, sueing them isnt worth the effort and the time put into it.

So now you are saying that the WCE are more than happy to be openly defamed and slandered in one of the biggest papers in the country.

And will do nothing to defend it.

You have a very tenuous grip on reality Embers.

The article mentions Geelong, Adelaide and Carlton (including recent goings-on, not just Angwin/Norman).

Also, what's with this "it's happening equally at all clubs" crap? Why is it so unfathomable that one club might have a worse culture than all the others?

That was to do with drinking, but bizarre nonetheless. Suntan lotion????!!!

Lol - sorry but this is laughable. These actions would cripple the comp.

No it would clean up what is threatening to become a crisis o0f public confidence in the AFL drugs policy. Its called credibility. Look son put mum or dad on and I'll talk to them

Why are you limiting this to mine sites? I have already acknowledged that mining companies do it.

Is there something wrong with you? These are all mining companies. I acknowledged from the start that mining companies do it. Now name a company that doesn't use heavy machinery etc that drug tests? You know, mauybe a law firm, IT firm, accountancy firm, retail firm like woolworths etc.

The companies he mentioned drug test at head office as well, so it's not just people on-site that get tested, it's the whole company.

Pretty sure he stated that quite clearly too.

The companies he mentioned drug test at head office as well, so it's not just people on-site that get tested, it's the whole company.

Pretty sure he stated that quite clearly too.

I did rJ!

But we all know that bunny is a master at conveniently overlooking the obvious for the sake of his argument.

The article is up.
The article is pulled.
The article is pulled.

Very strange goings on.

It's been a slow morning Rip, so apologies but are you telling me the original article was withdrawn, rehashed , then removed again ?

Who is pulling the strings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Drug Use Rampant in AFL (especially at the Weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back