DT 2011 Mids Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know what is confusing. They name it 90 mins before the game starts, the normal time everything has to be finalised same as alst year. But they will be picking a best 22 and picking a sub from the players on the bench which we will know. Should be able to determine pretty accuratly from that.

Mick Malthouse made comment on ch.10 tonight that his opinion on the way the sub rule will work is that it could/would only be utilised in the first half due to an injured player unable to take further part in the game, and that once the first half has elapsed, the sub would be a tactical move made depending on the scoreline at the time.

I don't think this necessarily means any player is more or less likely to be the sub for Collingwood, but could help some people with their decision process...

FWIW I'm confident Krakouer is not in the running to be one of the subs for the Pies, but nobody can know for sure unless they have inside info...

Dont know what is confusing. They name it 90 mins before the game starts, the normal time everything has to be finalised same as alst year. But they will be picking a best 22 and picking a sub from the players on the bench which we will know. Should be able to determine pretty accuratly from that.

as always this is wrong.

the sub can come from anywhere in the 22, NOT just the bench

as always this is wrong.

the sub can come from anywhere in the 22, NOT just the bench

Id think it will be the same as last year and any other year. Players named in the best 18 will definitely play. Thats what happened last year 95% of the time. 5% to injuries and late withdrawls.

Id think it will be the same as last year and any other year. Players named in the best 18 will definitely play. Thats what happened last year 95% of the time. 5% to injuries and late withdrawls.
You said the Sub comes from one of the bench players which helps narrow it down. That was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im really unsure bout the quality of rookie midfielders this year, i dont want to load up on GC boys for the bench. whos ur best tip for the mid bench?

im really unsure bout the quality of rookie midfielders this year, i dont want to load up on GC boys for the bench. whos ur best tip for the mid bench?
Same. I think there are enough solid options tho. I changed my strucutre a few weeks back because I just didn't want to be selecting kids I have no faith in

You said the Sub comes from one of the bench players which helps narrow it down. That was wrong.

Is there anywhere that can prove this??

Thats was just my general opinion based on what has happened every year. Usually the players named in the starting 18 the wedneday or thursday nights play. Thus the 4 named on the bench are the ones the sub will come from. Just what i thought, how do you know the above??

Thats was just my general opinion based on what has happened every year. Usually the players named in the starting 18 the wedneday or thursday nights play. Thus the 4 named on the bench are the ones the sub will come from. Just what i thought, how do you know the above??

Was Connors listed on the bench ?

EDIT - yes he was, but Lucas was in the 18.

So now you know.

Sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong DWD.

Sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong DWD.

Happy to admit i was off the mark. Maybe some teams\coaches will only pick from the bench and maybe someothers will pick any from the 22 named. A trend ill sure be following.

if you weren't sure, why make all the big statements?

Thats just the way i talk, its footy talk. All i said was that i thought it would be the same as last year in the fact that subs will be picked from the bench because last year all players named in the starting field played in that game unless of injury or late withdrawls.

Nobody could actually prove that the subs would be picked from the whole 22 before last nights game could they?? or could they?? thats what i was asking

Remove this Banner Ad

DT 2011 Mids Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back