DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm most likely going to trade Fyfe out for JPK this week and put the C on him. So unless you're happy with a sub 60 score from your Captain, I'd stay clear of JPK if you're considering bringing him in. ;)

Ah yeah, part of the 8 premiums midfield? What about your DP link though? Or is that what Couch is for?

Ah yeah, part of the 8 premiums midfield? What about your DP link though? Or is that what Couch is for?

James likes chasing the midpricers that pump out a big score. He then gives them the captaincy to delude himself into thinking that it was a good trade.

He has been given 24 opportunities to get it right so I am sure that one of them will work out eventually. When this occurs he will then proceed to inform all of us how unique his decision was and how it has given him an advantage over all of us that doubt his genius strategy.

This celebration may be short lived though as we approach round 20 when he has no trades remaining and nothing left to talk about except a team that has been ravaged by injury and/or failed midpricers.

James likes chasing the midpricers that pump out a big score. He then gives them the captaincy to delude himself into thinking that it was a good trade.

He has been given 24 opportunities to get it right so I am sure that one of them will work out eventually. When this occurs he will then proceed to inform all of us how unique his decision was and how it has given him an advantage over all of us that doubt his genius strategy.

This celebration may be short lived though as we approach round 20 when he has no trades remaining and nothing left to talk about except a team that has been ravaged by injury and/or failed midpricers.

I've just been reading fantasy freako's newsletter and it seems I was right on the money with all of my speculative underpriced premo mids as far as ppm goes.

Barlow 1.13ppm - 5th highest overall. Behind Ablett, Swan, Murphy & Stanton
Hayes 1.11ppm - Same as Rocky who's averaging 112
Ziebell 1.02ppm Very good when you consider Jelwood only scores @ 0.99ppm, SThompson scores at 1.03ppm and has a 110 DT average. Boyd only scores at 107ppm and he's currently averaging 117.
Ziebell just needs to improve his current 71% TOG season average and he is every chance to get his DT average above 110. Jury still out but he has at least until North's bye round to prove himself.

JPK who I'm bringing in this week is travelling at 1.08ppm ATM and is the 5th highest scorer overall. Bargain at his price and most definitely having a break out DT year. Has probably polled a few Brownlow votes as well.

As for running out of trades, I probably will by Rd20. Hopefully I will have enough high scoring bench players to cover possible doughnuts. Hanging onto the right rookies paid off last year with Issac Smith, Mzungu, Lower etc. Hopefully I will hang onto the right ones this year as well. :)

I've just been reading fantasy freako's newsletter and it seems I was right on the money with all of my speculative underpriced premo mids as far as ppm goes.

Barlow 1.13ppm - 5th highest overall. Behind Ablett, Swan, Murphy & Stanton
Hayes 1.11ppm - Same as Rocky who's averaging 112
Ziebell 1.02ppm Very good when you consider Jelwood only scores @ 0.99ppm, SThompson scores at 1.03ppm and has a 110 DT average. Boyd only scores at 107ppm and he's currently averaging 117.
Ziebell just needs to improve his current 71% TOG season average and he is every chance to get his DT average above 110. Jury still out but he has at least until North's bye round to prove himself.

JPK who I'm bringing in this week is travelling at 1.08ppm ATM and is the 5th highest scorer overall. Bargain at his price and most definitely having a break out DT year. Has probably polled a few Brownlow votes as well.

As for running out of trades, I probably will by Rd20. Hopefully I will have enough high scoring bench players to cover possible doughnuts. Hanging onto the right rookies paid off last year with Issac Smith, Mzungu, Lower etc. Hopefully I will hang onto the right ones this year as well. :)

You do understand that these players will not spend more time on ground right?

The reason they score at a certain number of ppm is because they spend time on the bench refreshing themselves for another burst on the field.

PPM means shit.

Players like Ziebell spend less time on the field for a reason.

By all means bring JPK in and make him captain, you obviously know what you are doing after the Ziebell move.

Knee-jerk much.

201917_700b.jpg

You do understand that these players will not spend more time on ground right?

The reason they score at a certain number of ppm is because they spend time on the bench refreshing themselves for another burst on the field.

PPM means shit.

Players like Ziebell spend less time on the field for a reason.

By all means bring JPK in and make him captain, you obviously know what you are doing after the Ziebell move.

Of course they will. That statement has no merit at all. Hayes, Barlow & Ziebell are ALL coming back from serious leg injuries. All 3 are slowly increasing their fitness level & TOG %.

I get your point about scoring heavier playing shorter bursts, but to say that Hayes won't increase the amount of possessions he accumulates (thus more DT points) when he goes from 77% to 85% TOG & Ziebell from 71% to 85% TOG is nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they will. That statement has no merit at all. Hayes, Barlow & Ziebell are ALL coming back from serious leg injuries. All 3 are slowly increasing their fitness level & TOG %.

I get your point about scoring heavier playing shorter bursts, but to say that Hayes won't increase the amount of possessions he accumulates (thus more DT points) when he goes from 77% to 85% TOG & Ziebell from 71% to 85% TOG is nonsense.

Won't happen.

The best average that Lenny has had is 108 and that was when St.Kilda were flying.

He is now 32 years of age.

Good luck with your plan, you are going to need it.

The best average that Lenny has had is 108 and that was when St.Kilda were flying.

He is now 32 years of age.

Good luck with your plan, you are going to need it.

109 actually. Is travelling @ 107 ATM playing 77% TOG. 118 from his last 3 games. Coming into career best DT form is Lenny. :):thumbsu:

Have 255k in bank currently,

This week

Ellis -> Heppell or Enright who's underperformed
Smith -> Lyons (JS) or Adams? I'd prefer to put Adams in the mids as I want a DPP which I currently dont.

Whats Lyon's JS like?

Next week
Magner or Green or Sheil -> Horsley
Magner or Green or shiel -> Murphy/Mitchell

Will still have Shiel or Greene in the mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back