DT Rucks 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the talk of 77K vs Skipper, doesn't seem to be much consideration to a DP structure in 4th ruck slot. If you were going to sacrifice 77K, why not pay 89K and set up a DP link so Tippett can cover both onfield rucks. Will allow you to play a fwd bench player rather than a ruck bench whenever you get a ruck injury.

For 3 ppg it could be worth considering. The obvious issue is you need to be comfortable with Tippett paying his way as a forward. The other way is to leave the Lobbe link in place early with no premium ruck fwd and trade Tippett or Petrie into the fwd line when they drop in price so you have DP coverage for the back half of the season when the carnage will hit.

I agree Dogs. A 77k ruckman at this stage looks like 77k that will be wasted. Spending a little extra on a player who should play or a player that provides a dual-position link is worth the extra money IMO. At least that way you're putting the money you've spent on that position to some use.

Just on the talk of 77K vs Skipper, doesn't seem to be much consideration to a DP structure in 4th ruck slot. If you were going to sacrifice 77K, why not pay 89K and set up a DP link so Tippett can cover both onfield rucks. Will allow you to play a fwd bench player rather than a ruck bench whenever you get a ruck injury.

For 3 ppg it could be worth considering. The obvious issue is you need to be comfortable with Tippett paying his way as a forward. The other way is to leave the Lobbe link in place early with no premium ruck fwd and trade Tippett or Petrie into the fwd line when they drop in price so you have DP coverage for the back half of the season when the carnage will hit.

I made a comment earlier on this strategy - it's not just the 3ppw you sacrifice - but rather the fact that I think there is greater value in the forwards than Tippett.

As such, IMO you would also be sacrificing the extra points a better forward alternative could be scoring.

As it stands - i'm going both warnock and skipper - but not sure the DP angle works any wonders in this case

seaby is and will always be a spud of epic proportions. He is priced 226k for a reason.

Jump Tippett boys, his gonna have an epic year.

I made a comment earlier on this strategy - it's not just the 3ppw you sacrifice - but rather the fact that I think there is greater value in the forwards than Tippett.

As such, IMO you would also be sacrificing the extra points a better forward alternative could be scoring.

As it stands - i'm going both warnock and skipper - but not sure the DP angle works any wonders in this case

Hard to know.

Point taken but the difficult thing to factor in is the hidden value of Tippett through DP coverage. The ability to play a higher scoring rookie = hidden value. The ability to have coverage all year = hidden value. Skipper will be fine through the first half but with Taylor back and Warnock made of tissue paper (plus JS risks) the back half of the year does not look strong. Not out of the question you would be left with no bench coverage whatsoever for the extra coin paid.

So on face value Tippett does not pay his way but the ability to play a fwd emerg for say 4 weeks could be 80 points, plus in the back half of the year if Tippett cover 2 donuts there's another 140 points (assuming fwd bench 70). 220 points extra. 220/22 = 10 ppg. Tippett improves to say 80 average + the 10 ppg saving you through DP and he's worth 90 ppg to your team, more than paying his way. Also can cover a mid range injury in the rucks (say 4 weeks) without being tempted to trade.

The hidden value makes it a lot closer call than the obvious "Tippett won't pay his way" but it's highly subjective dependant on your assessment of what's a reasonable expectation in terms of how many games rucks will miss.

Based on my projections it's a very close call, mainly due to the almost inevitable carnage in the back half of every season.

I don't feel I want to alter my team too much/if at all to suit the DPP rule.
I think it would influence some of my selections to the point where they're not best players avaliable.

Don't want to derail too much here but IMO selecting for DP is a bit like selecting for durability, the value is hidden because it's not an obvious increase in the players average. Firstly you need to understand what the hidden value is and then it takes a lot of discipline to select the relevant players when others who are almost certain to increase in average exist as well, but bring different risks such as injury or JS with them.

But that's a debate for another thread, another time

Don't want to derail too much here but IMO selecting for DP is a bit like selecting for durability, the value is hidden because it's not an obvious increase in the players average. Firstly you need to understand what the hidden value is and then it takes a lot of discipline to select the relevant players when others who are almost certain to increase in average exist as well, but bring different risks such as injury or JS with them.

But that's a debate for another thread, another time

Very good point. Just ensure you don't over value DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back